• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. weedug

Excessive drinking in young rabbit

:wave: I have a new bunny, who’s 12 weeks old now. He is wonderful so far, eating masses of hay, lovely poops and eating the rabbit royale he was fed before he came here. I’ve just started switching him to Excel junior and dwarf pellets today. He doesn’t have any veg yet. The only thing that’s...
  2. weedug

Dehydrator advice needed

My garden is full of lovely lush weeds that a little bunny would love, so I was thinking of drying some for when I get a bun and to do throughout the year, as well as foraging locally. I wondered if anyone has a dehydrator to dry greens for their bunnies? Are they worth getting? Also, when the...
  3. weedug

3-in-1 vaccination

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, but I read that there will be a new 3-in-1 vaccination available in the U.K. in the next few weeks, to cover myxomatosis, VHD and RHD2, given once a year. Has anyone else heard anything?
  4. weedug

Lump found on Honey - she’s gone

I could really do with some thoughts on Honey. We were at the vets a couple of weeks ago for a check up and the vet found an open lump on Honey’s side. I was to treat it with iodine for a week, and at the last appointment that was changed to a steroid cream. The vet is sure it is cancerous...
  5. weedug

Manuka honey

Has anyone used this on their buns? I’m just back from the vet with Honey, and I was told to get some medical grade manuka honey to apply to a wound/tumour she has, but I have no idea which is the best to get without costing a fortune. If anyone can tell me what they used in the UK, I’d be very...
  6. weedug

Bunny not eating after partner’s death - he’s gone

Sorry to come here yet again when I’m desperate. Little Boo had to be pts on Christmas Eve. She had a tumour in her eye, but seemed to be coping ok with it so the vet thought it was best not to remove it. She deteriorated quickly on Christmas Eve, and had a very low temp and her blood glucose...
  7. weedug

Possible thymoma, again

Looks like I have another rabbit with a thymoma, although it’s not been confirmed at this stage. I lost my little boy Fluff to thymoma a few years ago, and lately Pippin has been showing the same symptoms of the bulging eyes and the third eyelids showing, which are slightly bloodshot...
  8. weedug

Acute kidney disease - u/d bloods ok!

Sorry to just drop in again when things go wrong. Does anyone have any information on acute kidney disease? Honey has had a terrible week. She stopped eating on Tuesday morning, but it was different from her usual episodes. As usual I got her straight to my vet, who couldn’t get her pain under...
  9. weedug

New foster bun not urinating u/d post 35 and question

Sorry to only seem to come on here now when I have a problem. I took in a 4 year old unneutered male albino rabbit as a foster bun on Tuesday evening. He ate a few mouthfuls when he first came and had a good drink of water, but stopped eating a couple of hours later. He passed a few normal...
  10. weedug

Eye problem - probable tumour. Advice please

Little Boo, who’s almost 9 now, has been having a rough time lately. She’s been in stasis a couple of times within a week, the last time she was referred to D1ck vet. By that time she had a problem with her eye with the third eyelid showing and a white discharge. The vet thought it was caused by...
  11. weedug

Vibes for Boo

Little Boo took unwell yesterday, refusing to eat and shivering. She went straight to the vet and was admitted for the day with no gut sounds and tenderness in her abdomen. The gut sounds returned after she had strong pain relief, but she didn’t poop and was eating only a little hay. She was...
  12. weedug

Now Boo is ill u/d

I went outside to give Boo and Pippin a snack yesterday afternoon and there was no sign of Boo. She was hiding in her box, something she never does if there is food around! I couldn’t hear any gut sounds so got her seen at the vet. They couldn’t hear gut sounds either. Her blood glucose was...
  13. weedug

Honey’s results Update p68

Sorry for just appearing when things go wrong. Honey is now almost 9 and has been having regular spells of not eating lately. She went in for X-rays and bloods today and there are a few things that have shown up. There appear to be 2 masses, one in her chest and one in her abdomen. The vet can’t...
  14. weedug

Trouble with back legs - he's gone

Sorry to appear when things are going bad again, but I am quite worried about Mr Bubble, who is now 12. He has been having problems with his balance for a few months, and has been treated for ec because his blood test showed high levels of the parasite. He is also on metacam and Tramadol for...
  15. weedug

Circling while sitting

I hope I can explain this properly. Mr Bubble has been treated for active ec, diagnosed from blood tests, a few months ago. He has now started circling. He is usually sitting down and his bum stays on the ground, although it's maybe more his hip than bum. His front legs walk round so he is going...
  16. weedug

Boo's been unwell, now Pippin too u/d both home!

Sorry to post again when things aren't going well. On Tuesday morning I went out to feed Pippin and Boo. Boo, usually rushing straight for the food and knocking Pippin over, was just sitting there. I got her in and her gut sounded very gassy so I gave her some Infacol and metacam. Still no...
  17. weedug

EC - can it keep reappearing after treatment?

My 11 year old Mr Bubble has been treated for ec twice now, with only about a month between treatments. His initial blood titre was very high, but had gone down on the second test. All was fine until he was at the vet on Wednesday. He gets terribly stressed at the vet, and now I'm sure I see...
  18. weedug

Crackling noise on part of lung

Mr Bubble was at the vet again yesterday. The vet could hear a crackling in one lung, but only in part of it. It was there a few weeks ago. He has had a 2 week course of baytril but the noise is still there. The vet wants to try doing a conscious X-ray, but I'm not quite sure Bubble would manage...
  19. weedug

Very bony, but no further weight loss

Hoping someone can give some thoughts on the cause. Bubble is 11 and was diagnosed with ec. He is on his second treatment. No head tilt. Bloods didn't show anything except ec. He had lost a lot of weight over a number of months, 3kg down to 2.6. He now seems to stay steady at 2.7 but feels...
  20. weedug

Leaving ill pets overnight

Bubble (bunny) and my dog, Lucky, are elderly now and have been unwell for some time now. My daughter, who has special needs and masses of health problems, would love to go to a show which would mean we will be away overnight. I am struggling to work out how it can be done and have the pets...
Back