• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. weedug

Excessive drinking in young rabbit

Thank you both. I’m already discussing with my daughter if she would prefer to be wrapped in plastic or just try wellie boots on the house :lol: He drank a little less overnight, so yesterday’s total was approximately 500ml. Everything else is fine, it’s just all the drinking that was worrying...
  2. weedug

He eats loads of hay. Timothy’s his favourite. He’s gained slightly since he came here, but I’ll be monitoring his weight regularly. The fibafirst sticks are a good idea. I don’t want to fill him up too much with pellets. The only veg he got with his mum were carrots, which I’ve stopped. I’ve...
  3. weedug

Thank you for replying Jane. Maybe I got him a bit early, because I instantly panic when he acts different to Honey. I am getting a bit better though. He’s called Hopscotch. My daughter named him, and he is already very attached to her. I just get to clean him out and feed him! He already...
  4. weedug

:wave: I have a new bunny, who’s 12 weeks old now. He is wonderful so far, eating masses of hay, lovely poops and eating the rabbit royale he was fed before he came here. I’ve just started switching him to Excel junior and dwarf pellets today. He doesn’t have any veg yet. The only thing that’s...
  5. weedug

Dehydrator advice needed

My garden is full of lovely lush weeds that a little bunny would love, so I was thinking of drying some for when I get a bun and to do throughout the year, as well as foraging locally. I wondered if anyone has a dehydrator to dry greens for their bunnies? Are they worth getting? Also, when the...
  6. weedug

3-in-1 vaccination

That’s great that it should be available soon. I’m hoping to get some little bunny friends again sometime soon, which was why I was interested. Life isn’t the same with no furry friends!
  7. weedug

3-in-1 vaccination

That’s a shame. Maybe the person got confused with when it’s available in Europe. Good to know there’s one coming though
  8. weedug

3-in-1 vaccination

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, but I read that there will be a new 3-in-1 vaccination available in the U.K. in the next few weeks, to cover myxomatosis, VHD and RHD2, given once a year. Has anyone else heard anything?
  9. weedug

Lump found on Honey - she’s gone

Thank you for the kind words. The grief and guilt are still overwhelming.
  10. weedug

Thank you everyone. I miss my girl so much. My day was basically seeing to her, medicating her for years and seeing to the wound recently, and checking she was eating. She fought every health problem thrown at her and I feel I let her down by giving up the fight and having her put to sleep.
  11. weedug

My sweet, brave girl was pts yesterday. She fought so hard through everything. I am utterly devastated.
  12. weedug

Thank you. There’s been no biopsy done. The skin is open at the lump, so when the scab is taken off the lump is visible. When it was first found the skin was open and there was an obvious almost purple coloured lump inside. The vet seems to think cancer because of how the lump looks, how it has...
  13. weedug

Thanks. For some reason I don’t feel 10 is old, but she has had health problems for about the past 9 years so I suppose she has done well to get to this age.
  14. weedug

Thank you so much for replying when you are unwell Jane. I hope things improve for you soon. I really don’t want to give up on Honey, but don’t want her to suffer through an op then her mouth gets too sore to continue. To be honest, I wish I hadn’t gone to the vet today. She seemed happy in...
  15. weedug

I could really do with some thoughts on Honey. We were at the vets a couple of weeks ago for a check up and the vet found an open lump on Honey’s side. I was to treat it with iodine for a week, and at the last appointment that was changed to a steroid cream. The vet is sure it is cancerous...
  16. weedug

Manuka honey

Thank you both so much! I’m getting the activon tube from my local chemist.
  17. weedug

Manuka honey

Has anyone used this on their buns? I’m just back from the vet with Honey, and I was told to get some medical grade manuka honey to apply to a wound/tumour she has, but I have no idea which is the best to get without costing a fortune. If anyone can tell me what they used in the UK, I’d be very...
  18. weedug

Bunny not eating after partner’s death - he’s gone

Thank you all. I forced myself to clean all the straw from their pen, which still had their smell :cry:, but just couldn’t dismantle it all. I feel very much that their deaths were my fault. If I had done things differently over the past 6 months, maybe they would still be here. When Boo...
  19. weedug

I don’t feel any better today. The house is full of all their stuff, from the medicines to the toys and hay cookies they loved as a treat. I’ve got loads for multiple rabbits, but now only have the one. I’d just ordered some things to help Pippin too, so have the upset of them arriving next...
  20. weedug

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I’ve lost 3 fur babies in 6 weeks now. They were my friends, and now they’ve gone. I only have Honey left now. I’m really not coping well
Back