• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Bridget's Mr Darcy arrives!

My new bunny Bridget has been living by herself since she arrived 3 weeks ago, then these 4 rescue bunnies came in for homing at my friend's place and I fell for this chap: He has not had the best start in life - he is 4 months old, and has been surviving on table scraps and potato...
  2. S

Neutering a buck to live with my girly?

Bridget (previously known as Barry!) came to live with me last weekend and is a fully grown lionhead cross. My friend took in 4 neglected bunnies yesterday, one of whom might be Bridget Jone's 'Mr Darcy' - he is not neutered, thought to be about 4 months old - what age could he be neutered at...
  3. S

Opinions on new hutch set up please

Quick re-cap - got a rabbit last Sunday, having never had one before. I run a guinea rescue, so lots of those, and lots of hutches! The rabbit has been in the shed in a whole level of my hutch block this week until I could get something more permanent sorted, and today I've ressurected one of my...
  4. S

Vet said Barry is a girl!? Update - He's def. a SHE!

I took 'Barry' to the vet today for his myxi jab and a check up, as he came from an unknown background (small animal auction). Now, it said 'buck' on the box he was in, and my friend had a look and thought he was a young boy. When I asked the vet about neutering, she had a look and said she...
  5. S

First vet visit - what should I ask?

I'm off to the vets with Barry this afternoon and as he came from an unknown background I just wanted him to have a check up and start his vaccs. Will a vet be able to tell his age? I felt so stupid booking the appointment because they wanted all his details and I just don't know! Now I know...
  6. S

Introducing my piggies! And puppy.

Well I am a guinea pig person, until the weekend that is when I got my first rabbit (and very lovely he is too!) - I've posted some pics of him (Barry) but thought I also ought to introduce the pigs. This is Zippy - who was found abandoned in a layby And his friend The Fonze who was...
  7. S

Previous diet unknown - what's best?

Hi I took in a rabbit yesterday and I have no idea what his previous diet consisted of. He looks a bit on the slim side but not horribly so. It was a bit of an emergency, so last night he had Charnwood mix which is all I had (I have guineas). I went to buy some rabbit food today but there is a...
  8. S

New bunny Barry

Hi All I am new here, and this is the rabbit that entered my life yesterday! All I know about him is that he is a buck, I don't think he's fully grown, he seems healthy and friendly. I am a guinea pig person, so he's my first rabbit and I'm here to find out more about them. I used to work in a...
  9. S

First time rabbit owner

Hi All I am a regular on the Guinea Pig forum as I rescue and rehome guineas, but yesterday I ended up with a rabbit and now that he's here I want to make sure he's got a good home with me! I will post some pics of him in a mo. Meanwhile, look forward to learning more about the buns! Sophie x
Back