• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. M

Pets at Home vets - possibly unfounded concerns

I would never ever use companion care again after my bun could have had her eye taken out and would probably have lived but they gave me some eye drops and no pain relief and sent me away (first bun and I was completely ignorant just trusted them to know what they were talking about and it was a...
  2. M

Rabbit Garden

I grow lots of herbs/greens/plantain.
  3. M

Indoor bunny owners -question

It would have thermostatic heater. This is just a thought at the minute as I'm turning indoor bunnies away and I do not have house space to accommodate. I'm interested in the space issue, around here apart from me you are lucky if you can find a 6ft hutch to board in and very few do indoor boarding.
  4. M

Indoor bunny owners -question

Would you be happy to board your indoor bunnies in a heated shed, looking at probably 6x5 ?
  5. M

Looking for a rabbit savvy vet Tyne and Wear

First vets in Forest Hall, Judith is an excellent bunny vet. I have also used vets4pets in Heaton who were good.
  6. M

Is the average lifespan of a rabbit getting longer?

:lol: My poor Buzz must be totally nuts then at 7-8, bless him he is no different to the day I got him
  7. M

Apprehension with rescue rabbits?

Gumtree bunny - died approx 3 years old from abscess behind eye because idiot vet did not tell me I had the option of having it removed (newbie owner so didn't know it could be done), needless to say I have never used that vet again. Rescue bunny originally show bunny from breeder - French lop...
  8. M

Rehomed: Bowser - Single Male Continental Giant, York

If he was a girl I would have been tempted but another boy would make my group too male dominated. I'm a sucker for big buns
  9. M

Experiences changing museli to pellets?

Have people noticed a marked difference when changing over,ie soft poos stop.
  10. M

The MONSTER

The hutch is within a fenced off and netted roof area so believe me no predators are getting in hence the reason I haven't put bolts on though I probably will add bolts to the upstairs at some point.
  11. M

The MONSTER

Looking forward to seeing them :D Its definitely more than the 3 hop minimum
  12. M

The MONSTER

At last I've got around to pics of the new boarding hutch all 11ft of it though it has been slightly modified since with insect netting
  13. M

Is steam cleaning enough for hutches

As title, does steam cleaning kill off all the nasties?
  14. M

Starting up a bunny boarding business

I do boarding on a small scale. Minus points - people that are late, people who dont check their dates properly (had someone turn up 2 days late once and had a panic as I couldnt get in touch with them), if a bun is ill and you cant get in touch with owners obviously small things that dont cost...
  15. M

Boarding Facilities - Share Yours

Hopper Holidays in Newcastle upon Tyne. I have an 'aviary' for giants/indoor buns in the summer; a 7x2 double with attached run via tunnel and a MONSTER 11x3. www.hopperholidays.co.uk
  16. M

Holiday housing for rabbits - what do you do?

I do boarding in Newcastle (Hopper Holidays) and have an admittedly outdoor aviary which I use for indoor buns in the summer when the weather is warm enough as its very sheltered. Bunnies that come here are definately not just another customers pet. I keep it very small and everybun is looked...
  17. M

canopy over hutch area?

What do you use over the front of the hutch and how do you keep it down? I wanted to be able to see the bunnies hence I thought canopy would be better idea. I spoke to a tarp company about glass clear tarp for front but they said it wouldn't last too well and again it's the attaching problem.
  18. M

Wendy house dilemma !!

Will take pics in the morning
  19. M

canopy over hutch area?

I have a huge hutch so would have to get a cover made which won't be cheap and the tarp I have is too noisy and holding tarp down is always a problem hence the idea of a canopy but yes the wind is always going to be a problem
Back