• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

People with rex buns....

Do your rex bun/buns wag their tails when they're excited?! Amber (a private rescue who I have had since last weekend) gets really excited when I let her run round the house, and her tail is quite long, so when she runs, her tail literally wags like a happy dog's would! I wish I could get a...
  2. K

Oh Dear...

I just squealed out loud when I posted something and realised I'm now an Alpha Buck :oops::oops::oops: How embarassing!! My first instinct was to text my boyfriend and let him know of my achievement, but he already thinks Im insane for being a member of a rabbit forum, let alone getting overly...
  3. K

RU... Pleez save me!

Evenin' everybunz on RU, my hoomin mummeh iz drivinz me mad :( I woz just sitting there, in ma run, in the rainz, when mummeh came out and toldz me to "stop bein a silly bunny and go in your hutch!"... but I didnt, becoz I woz quite happy sitting in the rain, but mummeh didn't wantz me to get...
  4. K

How crazy/cute is this...

Personally, I wouldn't spend £81 on a bikini, but it's still cute! http://www.asos.com/Peter-Jensen/Peter-Jensen-All-Over-Rabbit-Print-Bikini/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=993989&utm_source=google_product_search&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=google_product_search I think the most I've ever spent...
  5. K

Stories with happy endings :)

There's a lot of upset, poorly bunnies and unfortunate things going on on RU recently, so I thought it would be a nice idea to remind ourselves of more positive things :) If anyone has got any nice stories they want to share, please please add them to this thread. If this only cheers up one...
  6. K

Show rabbit tags

I took on an ex breeding doe yesterday who also used to be a show rabbit and has one of those metal silver bands round her back right leg. Does anyone know the safest way to remove it? Is it as simple as using a pair of plyers? I will not be attempting to remove it until my Mum gets home from...
  7. K

Hiyaz RU

KTJ (my new Mummy) rescued me todayz, I haz been a breeding rex doe all my lifez, and I haz never had friendz, never hadz toyz, and haz lived in a 3foot hutch. I woz also a show rabbit, wherez I had to sit nicely and look pretty, but I am a very scared wabbit and just wantz to be loved. I am a...
  8. K

Albino buns!

I just saw an advert along the lines of "Baby rabbits for sale, 8 weeks old. £10 each. Albino ones free." So if anyone has an albino bun, can I please see some photos of him/her? I want to see what's so "wrong" with albino rabbits........... Personally, I think there is NOTHING wrong with...
  9. K

Do I complain?

I went somewhere today with my boyfriend (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say on here where it was, hence why I've edited it out of the pictures) and we had a really nice afternoon, but as we were leaving, Will pointed out the rabbits that I had failed to notice when we went in... That was...
  10. K

Alfie's lazy morning in

This morning my Mum had the morning off work, and I came downstairs to find Alfie curled up in my Mum's dressing gown with her on the sofa! My Mum is great with all my buns, and cares more for them then she makes out (because they are mine, they are therefore my responsibility and she claims she...
  11. K

I've just done an experiment...

... to find out if many vets in the UK give out the same information regarding rabbit neutering (yes, I have been that bored this afternoon!!) Basically, I rang up 30 vets in the UK. I typed in "vets in manchester/vets in devon" etc in google, then rang up a veterinary practice at random and...
  12. K

Is chewing a sign of teeth problems?

Foo, my little indoor rabbit, is a bit of chewer and likes to nibble on handbags, any food he can find, belts, flip flops etc... which is fine, as I've put it down to his age (5 months) and the fact he was only neutered 3 weeks ago (hormones) ... but today, he is literally chewing EVERYTHING he...
  13. K

Bunny shed

I recently purchased a 6x4 shed from B&Q. (they've got 15% off at the moment which I missed damnit!!) I invited my boyfriend's friends round and they erected it within 2 hours and I am really happy with it. My boys were only neutered 2 and a half weeks ago so can't be bonded with my girls for a...
  14. K

My rabbit is starving

Foo, my indoor rabbit, is starving. You can tell that by the pictures I took of him when I opened a new bag of food this afternoon.... :lol::lol::lol::lol: Greedy bun wouldn't even wait until it was put in his food bowl!!!
  15. K

Conflicting advice!

I have had all my boys neutered now as I felt they all needed to be done first to prevent any accidental litters, and the most recent ones were Alfie and Furby who are *hopefully* going to be bonded soon with my 2 girls Nutella and Snuffles.... but my problem is, people on RU claim that a...
  16. K

Angry rant :(

:wave: Morning RU, I hope everyone is enjoying the weather today; apparently it's meant to be the hottest day of the year :shock: Last night I had a BBQ round my house with some of my friends. One of my boyfriend's friends wasn't invited as I don't get on with him (long story cut short- he...
  17. K

Morrisons stocking Burgess

Since joining RU, I've changed all my buns from the "fruity rabbit" mix, to Burgess Excel pellets, which they all LOVE. I usually have to drive to The Range which stocks an excellent amount of Burgess products, but today in Morrisons I noticed that they have started stocking "Burgess Lifelong...
  18. K

Woop Woop!

Alfie was neutered over 2 weeks ago, and his little wound never quite healed properly, and it kept scabbing over and then coming off too early, so there was raw, red flesh on show :( He had his FOURTH post-op check today and he's been given the all clear!!!!!!!! :D It was suggested last week...
  19. K

Mummy PLEASE get off RU...

... and come play with me!!!!! Hello? Mummy? PLEASE MUMMY Ahh, that's better!! :love: :lol::lol::lol:
  20. K

It's a cruel world :(

Where I live, there are sooooo many wild rabbits. My first ever rabbit was a baby wildie that my cat had brought me as a present... she was hand reared, tamed, called Tinkerbell and was the prettiest bun! I think that's why whenever I see dead rabbits on the roads I get upset because I always...
Back