• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Dollie

Experiences with frequent anesthesia

Hi everyone! I was curious if anyone has any experience with rabbits frequently requiring anesthesia for treatment. I'm specifically interested in long term effects and possible higher risks involved. Thanks for reading!
  2. Dollie

Amount of dumped rabbits in UK rescues

For a video I'm making (and I'm hoping to show to all of you in a couple of weeks) I need the number of rabbits that are 'set free' (we call it dumping, not sure if you have a different word for it but guess you all know what I mean!) and are lucky enough to end up in rescues. In other words...
  3. Dollie

What to do...

I used to have five rabbits: Feline & Peter Rabbit who live outside together and Fred, Pip and Jasmijn who lived inside as a trio. Unfortunately both Fred and Jasmine passed away recently. Now Pip is all alone. This year I started a small rescue and this summer one rabbit gave birth to six...
  4. Dollie

Billy, Jasmijn, Sophie & Fred

It has been a sad summer for us.. We have lost four of our so precious pets. The 13th of June our beautifull Billy passed away. He justed turned four, four days earlier. On August 29 Jasmijn (Jasmine) was put to sleep. She had been suffering from EC and unfortunately there barely was any...
  5. Dollie

Bonding two boys: Do or don't?

Just a hypothetical question, I don't have any plans. ;) but what would be your advice if I wanted to bond two neutered boys. What's the success rate in this, is it a common combination? Just curious. :wave:
  6. Dollie

Vaccinations myx/VHD

Can anyone tell me which vaccinations against myxomatosis and VHD are currently used in the UK? For how long do they offer protection and what is your experience with them?
  7. Dollie

22kg Bunny Basics T: Where

8. Dollie

Very severe sore hocks

I volunteer at a rescue, we also offer bunnyboarding. Today a bunny with severe sore hocks arrived. Her owners tried many things but it got worse and worse and worse.. I'm sorry, I do not have all the details about everything they tried so far, I don't have the papers. But she does get...
  9. Dollie

Warning

Cuteness overload!!!!! A year ago I took this picture of Pip: It has been my favourite picture ever since and that's why I photographed my fosterbuns in the same way: WHAT? Why won't you let me eat this? That smells goood.. I love sunshine!
  10. Dollie

Vetbed for rabbits?

Hi everyone, sorry for the long story.. :wave: One of my rabbits, Fred (7,5 male, neutered), started having problems with his blatter around the beginning of this year. Unfortunately we were unable to find out what is causing these problems, but they were getting worse.. We decided he and his...
  11. Dollie

Supreme VetCarePlus

Does anyone have the exact analyses of the Supreme VetCarePLus Urinary Tract Formula and the Weight Management Formula for me? I'm thinking about feeding Fred the Urinary Tract Formula (instead of BBT), and someone I know is thinking about switching to the Weight Management Formula for her...
  12. Dollie

Jasmine and her babies

Hi :wave: I'd like to introduce you to Jasmijn (Dutch for Jasmine) my fosterbun, and her six babies.. Jasmine was dumped at some kind of petting zoo, and so were many other rabbits. About a month ago, the rescue I volunteer at caught about 15 of them. Jasmine was in an awful condition and...
  13. Dollie

Pregnancy and uterine cancer

I was having a discussion with someone who insists on breeding her rabbits (she wants to expand her group..) I adviced her not to. One of the reasons she thinks it's a good idea, is because - so she says - the risk of uterine cancer will decrease by 75% after pregnancy. My girls are both...
  14. Dollie

We won! (Help a Dutch rescue)

A little while ago I asked you all to vote for us, so we could win €1000,- or even €2000,- http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=285915 Monday was the closing day and we won! We ended up in second place with 941 votes. Because we did not have a vet for quite some time and also due...
  15. Dollie

Help a Dutch rescue win €3000,-

It's me again, the rescue I volunteer at entered a competition, we can win a lot of money if we get enough votes.. I know many of you already voted, some even more than once, but if you haven't voted yet, please do so! You can vote once per emailadress. We're in second place now - number three...
  16. Dollie

The flying Dutchman

This is Ibbel, my fosterbun. Next week his teeth (and something else... :roll:) will be removed, finally!
  17. Dollie

Fosterbun Ibbel

This is Ibbel, my fosterbun. He has problems with his teeth, he's staying with me to gain some weight. He's such a sweet, happy bunny! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C1bcy_-Atw
  18. Dollie

Please, help a Dutch rescue!

Hi everybun :wave: I work at a rescue over here in the Netherlands and we could REALLY use some votes!! If we can get into third place, we win a €1000,- cheque for the rescue! (€2000,- for second and €3000,- for first!) It's all in Dutch, I know, but could you please be so kind to vote? How...
Back