• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Dollie

Experiences with frequent anesthesia

Thank you for sharing this! I see the topic is from a few years ago, how is Boo doing now? So far, Mars has exceeded everyone's expectations and of course I hope he'll continue to do so! He always has an easy recovery and because we started treatment at a very young age (four weeks) he doesn't...
  2. Dollie

Thanks! The plan is indeed to continue with what we're doing now. I guess I was just hoping to find someone with similar experiences and preferably someone who was going to say something along the lines of 'my rabbit has needed GA every month for years and years and he's turning ten next month'...
  3. Dollie

His incisors were extracted last year, some of his molars have also been extracted in the meantime, increasing the time between every procedure. Unfortunately, the remaining molars can't be removed. His jaws are so misaligned that he cannot process solid foods, he only eats liquids (critical...
  4. Dollie

Thanks for your reply! I do know quite a few who need(ed) treatment for dental issues every few months. My rabbit also has dental problems (due to a malformation in the jaw) but his issues are so extreme they require treatment every two to five weeks. He's had about 25 GAs in a year now. Both...
  5. Dollie

Hi everyone! I was curious if anyone has any experience with rabbits frequently requiring anesthesia for treatment. I'm specifically interested in long term effects and possible higher risks involved. Thanks for reading!
  6. Dollie

Amount of dumped rabbits in UK rescues

It's not about the total number of stray rabbits, but about the number of strays that end in up in rescues. Research in the Netherlands show this around 6.000, of a total of 12.000. However, on the RWAF website I found that 35.000 rabbits pass through rescues each year, which apparently is a...
  7. Dollie

Amount of dumped rabbits in UK rescues

For a video I'm making (and I'm hoping to show to all of you in a couple of weeks) I need the number of rabbits that are 'set free' (we call it dumping, not sure if you have a different word for it but guess you all know what I mean!) and are lucky enough to end up in rescues. In other words...
  8. Dollie

What to do...

I know it won't kill her but she has been so sad and quiet the past weeks. She lived with Fred almost all her life and suddenly she's on her own. She used to live in our livingroom but had to move to the garage. I feel a bit guilty she's still lonely because I like Bram so much.. But then again...
  9. Dollie

What to do...

Thanks for your reply both. Bram is 13 weeks now, but he's still recovering and has at least a month of treatment (for E Cuniculi, he has some damage to his kidneys maybe EC caused it) left. If he could be bonded now, I could just rehome the new rabbit and bond Bram and Pip and everything is...
  10. Dollie

What to do...

I used to have five rabbits: Feline & Peter Rabbit who live outside together and Fred, Pip and Jasmijn who lived inside as a trio. Unfortunately both Fred and Jasmine passed away recently. Now Pip is all alone. This year I started a small rescue and this summer one rabbit gave birth to six...
  11. Dollie

Billy, Jasmijn, Sophie & Fred

It has been a sad summer for us.. We have lost four of our so precious pets. The 13th of June our beautifull Billy passed away. He justed turned four, four days earlier. On August 29 Jasmijn (Jasmine) was put to sleep. She had been suffering from EC and unfortunately there barely was any...
  12. Dollie

Bonding two boys: Do or don't?

That is what we did notice in the rescue I volunteer at. It's very rare, but it does happen that we get a neutered boy/boy couple. (Think about two/three times that I can remember now) Unfortunately after a few weeks it always went wrong, I think that does have to do with all the other...
  13. Dollie

Ofcourse it's possible and if I would have a very stable girl/girl couple there would be no doubt about rehoming them together. But I would not try to bond two girls myself especially not for rehoming. Even boy/boy (not neutered) can go well together. Not very usual (not at all..) but it does...
  14. Dollie

Oké thanks all! The reason I'm asking is that in the Netherlands most rabbit lovers, rescue centers etc. strongly believe boy/boy and girl/girl are both no-go's. On the girl/girl bonds I agree, since most does aren't spayed (it's far from standerd here) which increases the risks big time...
  15. Dollie

Just a hypothetical question, I don't have any plans. ;) but what would be your advice if I wanted to bond two neutered boys. What's the success rate in this, is it a common combination? Just curious. :wave:
  16. Dollie

Vaccinations myx/VHD

The vaccins we use now don't offer enough protection, two months for the myxi and six for VHD, vets advice to give the first one twice a year, the second one depends but most vets advice to give it only once a year. Which means our rabbits are only protected for four and six monhts a year. I...
  17. Dollie

Vaccinations myx/VHD

Is that Nobivac Myxo-RHD? They are introducing this vaccination in the Netherlands now and I spoke to my vet about it today. She's still looking into things and is going to a training about vaccinations tomorrow, but she thought they have been using it in the UK for a couple of years already...
  18. Dollie

Vaccinations myx/VHD

But you don't use one vaccin for both diseases?
  19. Dollie

Vaccinations myx/VHD

Can anyone tell me which vaccinations against myxomatosis and VHD are currently used in the UK? For how long do they offer protection and what is your experience with them?
Back