• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Bongo: 3 January 2014

Bongo, our much loved mini-lop bun sadly had to be put to sleep on Friday, 3 January 2014. Her final months involved several bouts of stasis, numerous visits to the vets and us syringe-feeding her medications. Although she sometimes appeared to recover for a short while, the problems returned...
  2. S

Rabbit Boarding - Leicester Area

As Title. Can anyone recommend any good rabbit boarding in (or within travelling distance of) this area? Due to possible personal commitments, our rabbit may need boarding for 1-2 weeks later this year. She's a mini-lop house rabbit that also free-ranges in the garden some of the time (during...
  3. S

FAO: "losing-the-plot"

Please clear some PM space.
  4. S

Idea that Rescues Might Wish to Consider

I have had some ideas that might contribute to resolving rescues' endless and pressing need to find additional suitable "forever homes" for their buns and to ease pressure on rescue places. This is idea is offered respectfully and for rescues' consideration. If I have overlooked a critical...
  5. S

Rabbit Not Eating Much: Now Getting Better (U/D Post #26)

Our mini-lop rabbit is not eating much today, so I should be grateful for some advice and opinions. She is already booked in for the first available vet appointment early this evening. The vets are definitely rabbit savvy (the local rescue use them for their rabbits). The basic facts are...
  6. S

Hoppit PM Inbox

:wave:If convenient, would Hoppit be kind enough to clear a space in the Inbox.
  7. S

Litter Tray - Very Fastidious?

Our mini-lop house rabbit has been a good litter tray user for a long time. In addition to her indoor hutch, she has free-range access to the garden for several hours every day with a shelter in which she can hide, plus plants and bushes to play round. There's space to run and jump but...
  8. S

Rabbit Foods - Eating Pot Plants

I know that there have been numerous threads on RU regarding what is safe/not safe for rabbits to eat. I checked some of these out but could not locate the answer I need. Specifically, are the following indoor plants safe for rabbits? Parlour palm Rubber plant leaves. Our rabbit loves parlour...
  9. S

An Opportunity to Help Rabbits and Make a Difference to their Lives

:wave:There was a previous thread on this subject, which many of us have read and responded to. There is now a new Early Day Motion [EDM 58] regarding WELFARE OF FARMED RABBITS. This is available via: http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMList.aspx Then click on No. 58 to look at the precise...
  10. S

Stained Fur

:wave:Is it normal for a female rabbit to have stained fur around her genitals? It's obviously where all the urine comes out and there's a lot of fur around. Our rabbit is a white mini lop - which is not the best colour for stains. She is 18-months old, an excellent user of her litter tray and...
Back