• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J

EC

I got home today and thought Peter had had a stroke but seems it could be EC, he's had a steroid (I think), and I have panacur. My main issue at the moment is his lack of eating, he ate this morning but I'm not sure when this happened, regardless he obviously can't go long without eating. I'm...
  2. J

Pixie has died

My bunny Pixie died yesterday, she was PTS as she had a large mammory tumour that burst. I feel beyond awful, I didn't spot it, I had to make a quick decision re:the PTS on the suggestion of a vet that wasn't my usual one as I am on holiday and my Mum has had to deal with it all. I was advised...
  3. J

Administering Probiotic

How do people do it? I have been advised to mix half a sachet with 2mls water, however, Peter is sick of being poked and prodded and really fights we me when I'm trying to get anything in his mouth now, could I mush the powder up with a few pellets instead do you think? I think this would be...
  4. J

Rabbit MRI: UD 15th May

Has anybodys rabbit had an MRI? Peter has had pussy ears for weeks, antibiotics orally and in the ears hasn't worked, tomorrow he is booked in for an MRI and then following that it is likely he will have to have an op to deal with whatever they find. The MRI alone is costing £900. I was just...
  5. J

Typical 24 hours in the life of Rupert

So, he's a little character my boy, so a few photos from the last 24 hours to show what he's like. I got to work yesterday and this is what I found in my handbag His toy that went missing when we were playing fetch the night before, he loves to put stuff in/under things then get them out...
  6. J

Happy Birthday Rupy

1 year old today, how time flys!! Love my little man so much, he's had a wonderful day in the garden with Grannie (my Mum who retired last week doesn't need Grandchildren at all ;-) )
  7. J

Medivet Payment Plan

I went to get the buns vaccinated on Saturday and was offered a payment plan type thing where you pay £7.50 a month and it covers your vaccinations for the year (which obviously there is only one of) plus some other things. The other things were worming (which I don't do annually but know some...
  8. J

Combined Vaccination

Can it be done a month early? Pixie is now overdue so I really need to get her done, Peter isn't due for another month, however my vets is quite far away and I don't want to stress them by taking them twice, can I get Peter done a bit early? Last year the vets said no but I wasn't convinced...
  9. J

Rupert's Road Trip

I went on a holiday with my parents and sister and Rupert came, it meant he only had to stay in kennels for 2 nights rather than 7 and it saved me a lot of money (2 nights in the Cumbria Cattery cost me £20, 7 nights for my Parent's 3 cats in London cost over £300 :shock:), I'm basically trying...
  10. J

Vet nurse said my cat if a bit FAT

She's wrong right?????? Maybe not, oops. He's now on his summer bikini diet!!
  11. J

My Boy is Getting Big

Apologies for my ugly mug (and sunday morning messy attire), but it's the only picture that shows how big he is getting. 8 months old now....he'll be off to uni before I know it!!
  12. J

What a difference 4 months make.

People are probably bored of seeing Rupert but found a 'baby photo' on my sisters phone and he's changed quite a bit. And actually the photos say it all....I swear this cat never sleeps anymore!!
  13. J

Rupert all grown up

My little man not so little any more
  14. J

Christmas Jumper Time

15. J

Cat version of putting a child in front of the TV

He was getting on my nerves going crazy on the sofa (I have explained many a time the floor is for playing, not the sofa), so I gave him the cat game on the I-pad, he watched it until he fell asleep :lol:
  16. J

Pulled Claw Urgent Advice Please

Just cut the bunnies claws and my Mum and I noticed there seemed to have been a whole claw come out. Didn't notice it happen when cutting but the do sometimes struggle and I assumed the claw had caught on the clipper as one of them struggled. They both seemed fine, gave pellets as a...
  17. J

Great Hiding Place

Trying to slowly introduce the buns and Rupert, problem is he runs straight in their tunnel and hides then kind of half pounces on them, so today I moved every hiding place out the room whilst he was in there. He suddenly wasn't so confident :lol:, but don't worry, he found an alternative really...
  18. J

More Of Rupert

Because I love him, but also because my computer at work is not working and I'm trying to find something to do-ha ha. Ive had him a week now, he's very cheeky and is into everything. He also picks everything up and can cry even with things in his mouth-talented or what, ha ha. Clearly a...
  19. J

Help Please: UD Seems Fine

I know it's a long shot because it's late. Pixie hasn't eaten for several hours, she isn't doing anything, just lying down. She has done this before, it's almost like she's spooked, I'm wondering if it could be the fireworks or the new kitten. Her tummy is soft, I have spoken to the vet and...
Back