• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J

Adopting Older Buns - Update: Reserved!

This is exactly what I was going to say, everybody is different but personally, I don't agree with putting elderly buns through long treatment, therefore I think this would keep any vet costs down.
  2. J

Don’t know what to do about Alf.

So sorry you are in such a tough situation, how much stress little bunnys can cause. I think you know what is best for Alf & that you have already made your decision, you know him better than anyone and what both he and you (which is also important) can cope with. Everyone will have an opinion...
  3. J

Accident: Update 24th October

So happy to hear he's continuing to improve, such fantastic news.x.
  4. J

Elderly bunny treated for inner ear infection- now has problems with hind legs

You couldn't have put it better, this is when I knew it was time. Peter was the opposite, always loved a nose rub but just wanted to be left alone as any movement just disorientated him. They are at peace now, hard for us but not them. Poppy was loved and cared for so much and that's what...
  5. J

Elderly bunny treated for inner ear infection- now has problems with hind legs

So sorry to hear this sad update, it sounds like Poppy had a very peaceful passing. I can completely sympathise as I made the same decision last week for my bun and like you, I'd made the decision I wouldn't be having any more-it's only been 11 years of rabbits for me. They certainly leave a...
  6. J

Head tilt urgent advice needed please

So sorry to hear that Harrison isn't improving as you had hoped, it is so disheartening but it sounds like he is having the best care possible. Sorry I haven't responded to your PM, I need to log on properly rather than do so on my phone. My thoughts are with you, I know how hard it is and I...
  7. J

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days. So happy to come and see this update, such wonderful news. Your hard work and dedication is paying off. What a little fighter you have.x.
  8. J

EC

Hi all, sorry I didn't update yesterday, had the most manic day. Sorry to say it's the saddest news, I had to let my little man go. I'm devestated & miss him like mad already but I believe it was the kindest decision for him. As the vet said, 'he's not enjoying life anymore', and although I...
  9. J

Head tilt urgent advice needed please

Just sending my well wishes and sympathies Zigzag, I'm going through exactly the same thing with my bun at the moment, it's just horrible to see & really very distressing. I know exactly what you mean by the twisting round & round....just horrible!
  10. J

EC

Thank you MightyMax & everyone else for your continued support. Back to the vets tomorrow. No improvement & he's back to scanning again which hasn't been present since the 2nd day, still just as wobbly, walking in circles & sometimes struggles to settle, I really don't know how much longer I...
  11. J

So pleased he is with you, he's clearly a little fighter bless him, I'm sure being at home will do him wonders.x.
  12. J

EC

I am coping fine thank you, it is hard but I guess it is what it is. I hope you are doing ok too. The injections are fine, my previous bun Poppy had them for a long time and Peter had them for his ear issues last year so I'm well practiced. Just ordered some mire panacur from the link you send...
  13. J

EC

I'm not sure to be honest, I don't know if he's just confused, it's so hard to tell. One minute I think he seems more perky, then the next he's tipped himself upside down. When I watch him he rolls & gets stuck and I leave him to see if he can get up & he doesnt, yet I don't find him fallen...
  14. J

Thinking of you, I know you are doing the most amazing job but can completely sympathise with how hard looking after a poorly bun can be, as I'm sure many, if not most, on here can too. Especially when improvement isn't what we hope. Lots of vibes coming from here.x.x.
  15. J

EC

Thank you all. He was fine in the night, made him a pen this morning to keep him from being able to move too much but he seemingly broke out because my mum just went to check him & found him under the bed. She's sorted him out and is making his pen more secure before leaving him again. He's...
  16. J

EC

Thank you so much for your kind words and advice, I can't tell you how much it is appreciated. I agree, sometimes only we know what is best and it is often not fair to judge a situation without being able to understand the whole picture. I'm sure we all do what we believe to be best for animals...
  17. J

EC

Thank you MightyMax, it's nice to hear that you understand because in some ways I feel I'm failing him by not admitting him but in my heart I know it's the right decision. I think my real concern is that he is declining rather than improving, if that's a sign he's not going to improve I don't...
  18. J

EC

Yes that is a concern I have, I think I will monitor today and see what happens. I think he could get up, it may just take him a little while to right himself but will investigate a bit further later on. He seems to like a little neck rub so am doing that for him every now again, hard to know if...
  19. J

EC

Thanks Jane. I completely understand but really don't want to admit him, I just feel it would be really stressful for him and when I put him through his last op, I vowed if he was to get poorly again I wouldn't put him through any long/stressful care. When Poppy (my old bun) died she was at...
  20. J

EC

Thanks Jane, I just didn't know if it was a lost cause and the getting worse meant there was no chance, it's good to know that sometimes it doesn't mean all is lost. I had an appointment to take him but after spending some time with Petey and seeing him look quite content when he is still &...
Back