• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Alfagirl

Money off Excel and Science Selective

Just got an email from Waitrose - their new waitrose pet website currently has up to 50% off both Excel and Science Selective. The discount depends on how much you buy, but might be worth a look?
  2. Alfagirl

Need cheering up....cute / funny bunny videos....

Saw this and thought of RU... http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/the-most-important-bunny-gifs-on-the-internet?sub=2366278_1303053#
  3. Alfagirl

Tibbsy bunny is gone, we are heartbroken.

Little Tibbsy bunny died very suddenly last night. :cry: She just never seemed to really recover from her GA. We think it may have been a heart issue that went undetected as it was just so sudden. We're off to the crematorium just now, I don't know I'm going to cope.
  4. Alfagirl

Tibbsy has an abscess.

So, in the spirit of it never raining but pouring, now Tibbsy has had to have surgery today on a abscess on her jawline. The vet said that it was very deep, but not huge, and because it was so deep he's not sure if it's gone into the bone, or just next to it. They're keeping her in overnight...
  5. Alfagirl

Over-grooming

As some of you know, Oliver is currently being treated for EC, but his partner Maisey is overgrooming him - to the extent that he now has a bare patch on his neck. I cannot let it become a scab (he is already flighting off EC, he doesn't need a skin problem too!), so how do I get her to stop...
  6. Alfagirl

Oliver not well - treating for E. Cuniculi - Q post 70

I don't post about our buns very often but Oliver is really quite poorly this eve and the vet thinks it's 50/50. :( He wasn't eating, refused even herbs, and has gone all wobbly (though can still do a few hops). We're now syringing food and fluids hourly. He's had a large dose of Batril...
  7. Alfagirl

AMAZING new hay - Surrey/Hants Border

Hubby and I took a trip yesterday to Animal Snack & Tack in Runfold near Farnham. We bought two bales of hay, which were massive (bigger than a 'standard bale'), VERY good quality and only £5.65 each. The hay smells incredible, is bone dry, and the rabbits are absolutely loving it! This is...
  8. Alfagirl

Echo has a complaint....

There is a big bunny butt in his face!!
  9. Alfagirl

Oliver and Maisey buns!

The Alfagirl outdoor bunnies heard a rumour that the "Other bunnies" were having a photo-shoot and wanted in on the action... Maisey keeping a look-out for Dad with snacks.... Oliver wanted to show you his favourite toy - he doesn't go through it though - he leaps over it....
  10. Alfagirl

Tibbsy and Echo buns - UD 28-Aug-12

Tibbsy and Ech (AKA the Alfagirl indoor buns) have been moaning that the don't have enough pics on the Forum, so here they are showing off! This is Echo, showing how lovely his ears are...:roll: And Tibbsy showing how good she is at hoovering up 'floor hay'....:roll:
  11. Alfagirl

Bun Run Offered - North Hants to Newquay - 13 JUL, Reverse on 16th JUL

Hubby and I are going to visit friends in Newquay over the weekend of 13th-16th July and will have space in the car for a bunny or two if anyone needs a run?? :wave: We usually go A31--->A303 at Winchester--->A30, leaving at about 10.30am, and would be able to meet someone along the route, as...
  12. Alfagirl

Are Hops (the plant) bunny safe?!

Hi everyone, just wondering if Hops are safe for bunnies? I've tried to do a search, but it seems there are hundreds of threads mentioning the word 'hops'! ;):lol: We have one growing in the garden and if it's dangerous I'd prefer to just get rid.
  13. Alfagirl

Time required to swap pellets....

Hi all, looking for a few quick answers on how long it should take to swap a bunnies pellets over? We're moving from Excel to SS, as it's easier to hand feed when they're being naughty.:roll::lol: And I can count the portions out to make sure everyone gets the same. I'm slightly concerned...
  14. Alfagirl

Oliver and Maisey have moved!!

They've moved into their new outdoor accommodation - 5ft by 5ft playhouse with two upstairs levels and a 6ft by 6ft attached run. They're loving it now, but there was LOTS of thumping at first. I'm a bit worried though, I'm sure they'll be absolutely fine, but it's very hard not hearing them...
  15. Alfagirl

Excited...new bunny houses arriving tomorrow!!

Finally got round to ordering the outdoor accommodation for the buns! Each pair will be getting a 5ft by 5ft playhouse, with a shelf added. They're coming from a company local to us, and my Hubby will make runs for them. In the meantime, I'll be painting and decorating. Can't wait!! Think I...
  16. Alfagirl

Bun run offer!!

I can't post in Transport, so thought I'd try here! I will be travelling from Hampshire to the Highland in Scotland over this weekend, so am offering the back of our car for a bun-run! We are leaving tonight though. I will be going from Sunbury (TW16), via Alton (GU34), then all the way up the...
  17. Alfagirl

Hay for Pets Dilemma...

So, I ordered the trial pack from Hay for Pets as it looks far less dusty than other hays I've seen. I let our four try each type last night - and guess what...... The greedy beggars liked them all equally!!!!! :roll: :lol::lol::lol: Soooooo, which do I buy in bulk???!!! :?
  18. Alfagirl

Bordatella infection PLUS potential foreign body in nose/dental/sinus issues!!

Mods, I know you're not supposed to cross-post, but I thought perhaps more people would see this here. Dear RU, Echo is having some sneezing issues and I could do with some advice, see this thread... http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=279818 Any advice, thoughts, etc would...
  19. Alfagirl

Bordatella infection UD p7 - seems to be just an infection!

Can anyone give me some info/feedback etc. Echo has been sneezing for a week - he is on Baytril, and has been since the start. He had a nose swab taken pre-antibiotic and it has tested positive for Bordetella bronchiseptica. However, he only has discharge from one nostril and it appears clear...
  20. Alfagirl

Best outdoor accommodation for a foursome?

Wait for the poll.... Just wanting the very knowledgeable RU to help me decide what type of accommodation the Furry Four will be moved to when they go outside. Any ideas kindly accepted!! :wave:
Back