• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Alfagirl

Money off Excel and Science Selective

Just got an email from Waitrose - their new waitrose pet website currently has up to 50% off both Excel and Science Selective. The discount depends on how much you buy, but might be worth a look?
  2. Alfagirl

New arrival ! * baby related* Updated. More photos!

Aww, he's beautiful! Also, your birth story (though I'm sure hard at the time!) is very reassuring!
  3. Alfagirl

What is Panacur and how would you know you need it?

We used Panacur to treat EC in Oliver over Christmas (he had a 28 day course). My vet now recommends that we treat all our bunnies every 4 months, as we now have EC 'in the colony'. This is a 9 day course and all rabbits are treated at the same time, with a deep clean of all housing and toys on...
  4. Alfagirl

Rabbit Food Comparisons

This is basically why we still feed Excel. :wave: We tried our four on SS...Tibbsy had three choking episodes in 3 days (despite breaking it down), and Maisey lost weight really quickly. For us, the compromise was feeding all four a slightly 'poorer' food, but being able to keep all of them...
  5. Alfagirl

Travelling advice

We drove four buns from the highlands of Scotland to Hampshire! It took somewhere in the region of 11hrs over one day. We put blankets over the top of the carriers, gave them a drink before we left, and then every 4hrs or so through the journey. We kept the temp down in the car, and the radio...
  6. Alfagirl

Mxy in wild rabbits - how does the population regenerate?

I *think* buns are quite terratorial (in that they stay in the same area) so I'd guess they're either older babies who escaped, or adults who survived?
  7. Alfagirl

Bunnies and Eloise from today

Cuuuuuute! :love: I love seeing little ones with pets - I really think it's good for children to understand animals, and learn to be gentle / respect them.
  8. Alfagirl

Need cheering up....cute / funny bunny videos....

Saw this and thought of RU... http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/the-most-important-bunny-gifs-on-the-internet?sub=2366278_1303053#
  9. Alfagirl

Which vacuum cleaner do you use?

We have a Dyson DC50 Animal - the compact version. It's brilliant, but you do compromise on how often you have to empty it. I struggled to carry our old one up the stairs, so a smaller, lighter version was perfect for me, even if I do have to empty it more often. I love the furniture / stair...
  10. Alfagirl

can rabbits know their names?

Yep, Echo does this! :roll: He tried "testing" the furniture the other day - I shouted his name and clapped my hands - he then binkied halfway across the livingroom!! Those pesky rabbits know EXACTLY what they're up to! :roll::lol::lol:
  11. Alfagirl

Beau is in stasis UD still not quite right

Sending lots of vibes for Beau x
  12. Alfagirl

can rabbits know their names?

Our three know their names, but will ignore you if they're doing something naughty! They also know breakfast, dinner, ah-ah (when being naughty :roll:), and a weird "click click, whistle whistle" thing my husband does when he's giving them treats. I really think bunnies are cleverer than we...
  13. Alfagirl

Pickles has gone

I'm so sorry. xx
  14. Alfagirl

I am crying so much

I'm so sorry, it is incredibly hard, you definitely did the kindest thing. I don't think anyone could say otherwise.
  15. Alfagirl

How do I convince my parents to let me have a bunny?

I think the best idea would be to get some hands-on experience of bunny care by volunteering at your local rescue or sanctuary. This will give you the opportunity to see the care involved, but also help show your parents that you are being considerate and responsible.
  16. Alfagirl

Advice please - urgent - terrible UD :(

I'm so sorry. We've just gone though something similar too, it's just heartbreaking.
  17. Alfagirl

Tibbsy bunny is gone, we are heartbroken.

Thanks - it's really lovely, just looks like a bunny asleep. If this was our forever house I might have considered having her in the garden, but at some point we'll move and I couldn't bear to leave her behind. This way, she gets to come where we go. :love:
  18. Alfagirl

Thank you all. The crematorium was lovely, but just so hard. :cry: I was in pieces when we left, but it has brought us some 'closure'. Tibbsy being still in the kitchen was just awful. Your mind plays tricks on you thinking she'd moved or breathed. We are having her ashes stored in a little...
  19. Alfagirl

Little Tibbsy bunny died very suddenly last night. :cry: She just never seemed to really recover from her GA. We think it may have been a heart issue that went undetected as it was just so sudden. We're off to the crematorium just now, I don't know I'm going to cope.
  20. Alfagirl

Tibbsy has an abscess.

Thank you, it's actually short for Tibbar which is her full name (and also Rabbit backwards)! :love:
Back