• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. xEmily

RU Secret Santa Photo Thread!

So I thought it would be nice for people to post photos of their SS presents/cards they received, and after Christmas we can reveal the actual presents! Here's mine :D Mine is squishy!
  2. xEmily

Video montage of Oscar and Polly enjoying the garden :)

Some funny little clips, and Oscar's mad binky/flopping at the end! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_oXdue8Njc
  3. xEmily

Bee/wasp sting in Oscars eye?

Earlier this afternoon Oscar went out into the garden and I think he was stung by a wasp or bee, he suddenly jumped and started frantically scratching at this face and jumping around. His eye is really swollen now, and looks really sore. It's not closed up but I can see a lot of the pink tissue...
  4. xEmily

Polly :( vibes?

Things aren't looking too great for her at the moment... If you don't already know, she had her back leg amputated at Christmas and has been getting on fine since then, until yesterday. There was a cat in the garden which spooked her, and as soon as I opened the front door she bolted straight...
  5. xEmily

Polly and Oscar in the garden

A few pics of them enjoying the garden. Polly is coping really well with three legs (as you will see for the pics!), the speed she moves around the garden is pretty scary haha, and sometimes she seems to forget she's missing a leg when she lands from leaping in the air, but at least she is...
  6. xEmily

:( Amputate or put to sleep? -ANOTHER UPDATE (couple of q's) post 110

That's the choice I have got now. Following on from the other thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=210233. Vet said the bones were completely crushed, no chance of being fixed. I really don't know what to do. Obviously I want to give her every chance, but have been reading...
  7. xEmily

:( Another broken leg...

Just been to the vets this morning to find out that Polly has broken her leg. If anyone remembers me saying that Doogie broke her leg in the summer, and eventually had to be put down because it didn't heal, well Polly has the EXACT same injury, same leg, the same part of the bone... I'm gutted...
  8. xEmily

New bunny, bonding and pics! U/D more pics added post14

We went to Kirkby yesterday and came home with a gorgeous little bunny! Celia said he had been there quite a long time, and we felt sorry for him, he's absolutely beautiful! We have named him Oscar :) He's a timid little thing though, but very cute. He keeps poking his head round the back of...
  9. xEmily

Couple of bonding questions

Now we have the accommodation sorted, we are going up to Kirkby on Wednesday, and hopefully will be coming home with a bunny! I have read a lot of the bonding threads on here, so think I know what I'm doing... kind of lol. Just got a few questions though! 1. Will it be ok to start the bonding...
  10. xEmily

Is my housing suitable?

Checking for two reasons really, firstly because we are hoping to get a rescue bunny for Polly as Doogal was pts a couple of weeks ago, and obviously we want to provide a great home for them, and to pass the home check! Secondly, because of Doogies accident, breaking her leg, I am a lot more...
  11. xEmily

Hello!

Hiya, thought I would introduce myself! I'm Emily, I'm 20 and currently studying Wildlife Conservation at Plymouth Uni. I've had bunnies when I was little, but a year ago we got two gorgeous bunnies (some sort of lionhead/lop cross) who now live in our patio and have the run of the garden for...
Back