• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Elena

Did anyone have any idea what this is?

Sorry another health help post from me! And I guess a warning that some might find these pics not very nice to look at. Back story: Imogen had a dental on Monday. She took a while to start eating properly again but did finally on Wednesday. I noticed she was still moving gingerly though...
  2. Elena

Vacant seizures - he’s gone :(

Does this sound like one? Looking very withdrawn and not ‘with it’, not eating, not wanting to move around at all, swaying and looking shaky. This was Smudge this morning, as a bit of background he has terminal lung cancer. I phoned the vet thinking it was ‘time’ but he has since picked up...
  3. Elena

Tooth grinding

Hi all, Obviously I know tooth-grinding is a sign of pain but can it be something a rabbit starts doing for other reasons? Smudge seems to have started doing this mainly at times he expects food! We have found out this week he probably has tumours on his chest (nothing we can do - just...
  4. Elena

Dog poo

So I was just going to put the rabbits out in the run now it’s cooler but I’ve just found a bag full of dog poo in there. I’m absolutely fuming about it (PMT doesn’t help). Fortunately I can move their run over a bit from where it was, do you think that’s enough? I’m concerned it’s bounced off...
  5. Elena

Wildie rabbit or hare?

I thought this was a hare but the more I look at it the less sure I am! I have a few more pics (have only edited a few so far) but those two show the head and body quite clearly. When it moved it looked more lanky than other wildies I've seen. I think I'm having a blonde moment, can someone...
  6. Elena

Xkcd

Anyone seen today's comic? I think this is something someone needs to invent!
  7. Elena

Now Imogen not eating / Now Smudge again...

I don't understand this :( Imogen last night refused all food (except for some Jerusalem Artichoke leaves), she was still very active, I gave her some metacam, infacol and water but still the same this morning so they are back at the vets again. I'm trying to work out what is causing them to go...
  8. Elena

Gut stasis

Smudge is at the vets and has been since 11 yesterday and doesn't look like he'll be coming home very soon. He stopped eating Sunday morning so I gave him metacam, infacol and some water like I have in the past and normally he bounces back after a couple of hours. But he didn't, he hadn't eaten...
  9. Elena

Imogen and Smudge

Sorry, I'm on a photo posting trip tonight it seems, but these two are just TOO adorable!
  10. Elena

Mini - 17/6/2007-27/3/2017 (pic heavy)

My dear sweet Mini, I miss you :( Nearly ten years together and you not being here is leaving a big, big hole. Ten years ago, a friend convinced me to let them breed Mischa with their rabbit. The result was you and your two brothers, Mocha and Marshmallow... (l-r, Mocha, Mini, Marshmallow)...
  11. Elena

P@H to stop selling rabbits over Easter

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/15187031.Pets_at_Home_to_STOP_selling_rabbits_over_Easter___here_s_why/?ref=rss It's a start! Also one of the garden centres near me has stopped selling animals altogether so that's good news as well. :thumb:
  12. Elena

Sleep, eat, repeat...

So its been a while since I got my camera out and actually took some pictures of the fluffs but I figured I really needed to update my signature so over the past few days I've been making an effort to take some photos :oops: A photo of Mini where she is actually awake :shock: And lots of...
  13. Elena

Encouraging drinking

Not of booze though! Although now I think about it booze sounds like a good idea... :lol: We had a scare with Mini in the small hours of Monday morning, she was unable to stand up and kept falling over, it was as if her back legs weren't working properly. She improved a little by the time we...
  14. Elena

Painkillers and tummy upset (yuck, now fleas #13)

Has anyone else had a bunny with tummy upset after being on tramadol (0.1ml x2) and metacam (0.5ml x2) long term? Mini has always had a bit of a funny tum but lately she goes through bouts of weird poop. It's like normal poop but with soft poop as well. Sometimes even partly liquid but still...
  15. Elena

Metro RAW article

Nice to see some accurate reporting for once! (Shame about the corn on the cob photo though)
  16. Elena

Wildies

Have finally started going through my pictures from our last short break where there were masses of tiny wildies bunnies. Have picked out three I'm going to get made up on canvas. Thought you guys might like to see :) We were also treated to a great view from one of the bedrooms of a wildie...
  17. Elena

Spring fever

Anyone else's bunnies having Spring Fever early this year?! Mine are being a bit hyperactive! No-one seems to have told them that they are getting on now!
  18. Elena

Tramadol and Metacam

Can I administer these two together in the same syringe? Mini's arthritis in her hip is getting worse so now she's on two painkillers. :( she doesn't like the tramadol though :S
  19. Elena

Bunny doughnut beds

Not THE Doughnut! ;) I have this vague recollection of someone selling or linking to a bunny doughnut, a round bed with raised edges. Does anyone else remember this? Anyone got a link? Think maybe it could help Mini to get a bit more comfortable with her hip, seems to be making it hard for her...
  20. Elena

Wildies

Have only just got around to editing and uploading these, thought some might like to see :) There are some more at this link... (once you scroll past the people :p) https://www.flickr.com/photos/ejsw/sets/72157652265517190 We went to a place in Essex where there are hundreds of wildies...
Back