• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Elena

Manor pet housing castles, what to choose?

Smudge did gnaw on ours a little bit but unless you look really hard you can’t really see it. The worse cosmetic damage on ours is from splatty poops which I’m sure will sand off with a little work. I agree, it is huge! It is also slightly wider than it is deep which can make it awkward to put...
  2. Elena

Manor pet housing castles, what to choose?

I have the dig box too although I very quickly repurposed it to house their litter tray. They used it as a dig box once or twice, then just as a loo :roll: It works really well to keep the hay contained. Smudge did manage to get through the little heart shaped window a couple of times. This was...
  3. Elena

Did anyone have any idea what this is?

Last update! The scab has slowly got harder and the bit attached to the skin has slowly got smaller. Today it finally came off. I think she helped it slightly. She’s definitely got more and more active as it’s improved so I think it was restricting her movement a bit. Pic below for those...
  4. Elena

So, it’s nothing to worry about. Phew. It’s a reaction to an injection site from the dental and is clearing up nicely.
  5. Elena

After having another look today I think it’s some sort of fluid filled cyst or something which has popped. The skin is not flat and even if that makes sense. It looks better than yesterday and she seems more herself today too. Will find out Tuesday hopefully.
  6. Elena

Gosh I hope it’s not ringworm :mrgreen: would that be itchy? Fur pulling response to pain would make sense, poor thing. I’m surprised I didn’t notice it earlier but then I was probably more focused on the matts under her chin.
  7. Elena

So having spoken with the vets I am happy to leave things for a while as there are no appointments today and our preferred vets aren’t available until next week, she is eating well and apart from not really wanting to jump down from things she’s moving around as normal. So I’ve removed things...
  8. Elena

Thank you for your wise words Craig, my confidence has taken quite a knock lately, especially in regard to bunnies.
  9. Elena

Sorry another health help post from me! And I guess a warning that some might find these pics not very nice to look at. Back story: Imogen had a dental on Monday. She took a while to start eating properly again but did finally on Wednesday. I noticed she was still moving gingerly though...
  10. Elena

Booklice on rabbit

I think this is what Imogen had, we treated them for fleas but made no difference. I swapped from baled hay to Dust Free Hay and they went.
  11. Elena

Vacant seizures - he’s gone :(

Thank you, was much smoother than Saturday! Imogen is doing ok, she’s been drooling for a while now too, vet couldn’t see anything in her mouth, suspects it’s teeth but wants to wait a bit before doing a dental. She’s quiet but eating and popping fine, I’ve set up a pen downstairs for her so she...
  12. Elena

Do rabbit nails ever stop growing?

Smudge’s nails weren’t growing, neither was his fur though - I’m guessing it was due to the cancer. Imogen’s nails still need trimming regularly and she’s 11.
  13. Elena

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I’ve had a bit of a mare today :oops: thought I’d made an arrangement to go to the pet crematorium I’ve used previously. Managed to accidentally make one with a different crem nearby, and turns out usual crem is shut on Saturdays. Oops, so got to wait...
  14. Elena

Just a little note to say that Smudge passed away in my arms tonight. Was so fast. One minute I was thinking of getting my phone to call the emergency vets, the next minute he was gone. Don’t quite know what I’m going to do with myself without him following me everywhere. And poor Imogen is on...
  15. Elena

Thank you. He seems to be steadily improving, hopefully I’ll have my little shadow back soon, following me around! Xx
  16. Elena

Vacant seizures It was the look in his eyes, just like when I’ve had to make that decision in the past. No life behind them. Could be pain, I gave him metacam straight away so maybe it’s taken time for that to work.
  17. Elena

Does this sound like one? Looking very withdrawn and not ‘with it’, not eating, not wanting to move around at all, swaying and looking shaky. This was Smudge this morning, as a bit of background he has terminal lung cancer. I phoned the vet thinking it was ‘time’ but he has since picked up...
  18. Elena

The Reality of Living with House Rabbits?

I've had mine indoors since about 2007 when my first rabbit got seriously ill. We also have a lot of foxes here which further added to the idea of bringing them indoors. I love having them indoors, I think they get interaction and enrichment just with having people around. Plus I find they...
  19. Elena

Do your rabbits have access to the stairs?

Mini used to get down the stairs faster than us. :lol: Ours don’t have access as downstairs isn’t proofed but the gate gets left open sometimes and, apart from Mini, none of them have really showed much interest. I think they find it a bit difficult to get down, going up is easy but going down...
  20. Elena

Away with the baby gate?

I remember the first time I put a baby up on Nutmeg’s enclosure. First thing she did? Waltz straight through the bars! Then I added mesh panels to the bottom and she managed to jump up on them between the bars again! So I ended up having to mesh the entire thing.
Back