• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Loosy

Whipsnade zoo

That's where I work during holidays ^_^ Lovely pictures, thank you for posting! There are 2 tigers - Botzmann and Anastasia. They were introduced when he first arrived but they didn't get on great so they are kept separately. There was probably a keeper about and they were expecting food. They...
  2. Loosy

Win a Hand Painted Shed (or Room) Sign - Closed

Ruby and Willow exploring their Hobbit house over summer :)
  3. Loosy

Costa Rica *pic heavy*

I went all over too. Out of the places you visited I went to San Jose (just flew into it and stayed one night), Tortugero, La Fortuna and Rincon de la Vieja. I also went to Gandoca Manzanillo and Samara :)
  4. Loosy

Costa Rica *pic heavy*

Looks amazing I'm jealous, I went a few years ago and I'd love to go back. What parts of Costa Rica did you visit? That animal is definitely a coati. They're also called coatimundi which is probably what your tour guide called them :)
  5. Loosy

Uni dissertation on rabbits

I'd be happy to help. I'm trying to come up with a topic for mine at the moment too. Thinking I might do something on rabbits as well but other than that I have no ideas!
  6. Loosy

Has anyone heard of this

In birds yes, but it usually affects the nasal cavity in dogs etc. I hadn't heard of it before in rabbits so I've no idea how it would present! http://www.merckmanuals.com/vet/generalized_conditions/fungal_infections/aspergillosis.html
  7. Loosy

Has anyone heard of this

Is it something like aspergillosis? After a quick google this is the only thing I could find about treatment in rabbits. It looks like it might be quite unusual. In this study they used a drug called Ravuconazole. Good luck to you and your bun with the new vet on Monday.
  8. Loosy

Fun with a cardboard box UD: Added a video :)

I know this is from a few days ago now but thanks! :) I took a few videos too and I've just finished putting them together if anyone would like to see. I think it's kind of cute but I'm a little biased :love:
  9. Loosy

Fun with a cardboard box UD: Added a video :)

I haven't posted any pics (or anything at all really!) for a while but I made a little Hobbit house for the buns the other day so I thought I'd share. :) Ruby wasn't too impressed, so she decided to beg for treats instead. Willow was a bit more curious and quickly broke the door off...
  10. Loosy

How smart are rabbits with regard to deep water (ie rivers)?

I don't think I'd want to let my buns run around next to the water with no barrier. I'm sure they wouldn't jump in intentionally but mid-binky or if they get frightened they might fall in by accident. I have a similar problem in my garden (no water involved) in that the grassed area is raised...
  11. Loosy

One eye closed one shut after neuter?

Maybe his eyes got a bit dried out during the surgery. The nurses usually apply eyedrops regularly while an animal is under anaesthetic but maybe that wasn't quite enough for Finn. I haven't seen it in rabbits but I have seen cats with sore eyes after an op. Pipkin was always quite sleepy...
  12. Loosy

What's the most popular bunny name on RU?

Both mine are quite common, although I don't think there are many other boy Willows (I think only willowsmum's Willow?). I think Pipkin was the only Pipkin on the forum. I was surprised about that, I thought it would be a pretty common name.
  13. Loosy

Rabbit webinar tonight??i yh

You needed to sign up for it and then you would be sent a link. I'll post the link to the recording when it gets sent out :)
  14. Loosy

Rabbit Webinars with Molly Varga

The bunny one of these is in a couple of days so I'm just bumping it up in case people are interested. Even if you're not free at that time on Monday, if you sign up for it you'll be sent the recording :)
  15. Loosy

A new paint job....for Wabbit Wednesday

That looks amazing! :thumb: I have a lot of garden envy right now :oops:
  16. Loosy

Lush St Albans - this Saturday, come say hi!

I'd love to go but I'm away at uni at the moment :( I love Lush! It sounds like a great idea. I hope it goes well :)
  17. Loosy

Rabbit Webinars with Molly Varga

There are a couple of free webinars with Molly Varga soon about rabbits and guinea pigs, aimed at pet owners. :) The rabbit one is on the 19th May at 8pm, and the guinea pig one is on 2nd June at 8pm. You can submit your own questions to be answered when you register. You can register here...
  18. Loosy

What's your favourite bit of a rabbit?

Bunny moufs :love::love: The tongue is a good one though. I love when they lick one nostril and then the other :oops::lol:
  19. Loosy

Easter Bunnies

Thanks everyone! Jo's favourite place is in the rabbit hutch. As soon as the rabbits are out of the way she's straight in there :lol: I forgot to include this picture of Ruby looking pretty. I feel like I should add it or she might get the hump with me :lol::love:
  20. Loosy

Bentley and Minnie (or little and large)

I love little and large couples! They are adorable :love: I remember when Bentley was a little baby, although 'little' probably isn't the right word... :lol:
Back