• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. lis

New rabbit not eating

Hi! we took our rabbit to the RSPCA 9 days ago in order to get her a friend as she'd recently lost her mate and we didn't want her to be lonely. They had a lot of young boys who'd recently been neutered. They put one of them with my rabbit and after a bit of thumping and chasing they said that...
  2. lis

Can the fox get in?

I've read somewhere on this forum that if you staple the mesh to the wood, the fox can get in - I'm hoping I've got the wrong end of the stick as the aviary panels which I used to build my run definitely have mesh stapled to the wood. Did I get the wrong panels? Should they be nailed? Sorry for...
  3. lis

Permanent run on grass

How long does your grass last if you've got a permanent run with turf on top of mesh? Is it going to turn into a muddy desert? Do you keep buying new turf?
  4. lis

How many rabbits?

I'm moving our two rabbits into our 5X7ft shed, and building a 6x12ft run (hopefully, with a bit of help.....). Once that's done, I was thinking of getting a third rabbit, to fill the space a bit more. Or a couple more? What's the ideal number of rabbits for that amount of space? The run is...
  5. lis

where do i buy a tunnel

Where do I get a tunnel, to go from the shed to the run, about 60-90cm?
  6. lis

Moving house bunnies outdoors

If I move my bunnies into the shed now, will they grow winter coats and be ok next autumn? Anyone done this before? They've spent 2 winters inside, so I worry about them losing the ability to cope with cold weather.
  7. lis

Please advise on building a home for my rabbits

I have two sheds at rectangles to eachother, and a disused vegetable patch in the middle. The area is about 5x13ft. The idea is to put the rabbits into one of the two sheds, make an exit by installing a cat flap, and turn the area between the sheds into a run. The area is reasonably shady...
  8. lis

going out on grass

My rabbits have been in their new run for a few hours every day and have eaten grass pretty much non-stop while they were out there. Does that mean that I need to cut down on the veggies that I feed them? Or on the pellets?
  9. lis

bad litter habits

We thought our two house rabbits were successfully litter trained, but recently their litter habits have been getting worse and worse. They wee: - in their litter tray - just next to their litter tray ( they've always done that - are they just not aiming properly? - once daily in the opposite...
  10. lis

Advice on run for indoor bunnies, please

Hi! We're got two free-range indoor mini-lops who I'd like to put outdoors on a regular basis this summer. At the moment they're in our spare room, and I think it's actually quite boring in there for them - they've taken to gnawing on the furniture quite a bit. Secondly, my little boy is going...
  11. lis

Differences between rabbits and guinea pigs

Just wondering in what ways keeping guinea pigs is different from keeping rabbits? I've never had guinea pigs before and a friend is wondering whether to get rabbits or guinea pigs.
  12. lis

Blackberry leaves

I've heard that blackberry leaves are meant to be good for rabbits, but won't the thorns hurt them?
  13. lis

Will they ever enjoy a cuddle?

We got our rabbits 6 months ago and they were quite scared of us at first. We've been feeding them on our laps, so they now come and hop on us as soon as we walk into the room to see if we've got anything to eat. The question is, where do we go from here? I'd really like to be more than just a...
  14. lis

Rabbit Massage

Has anyone got any experience with rabbit massage? I saw a book about this on amazon but didn't buy it as I thought it might be a bit ambitious to try rabbit massage with our two rabbits that don't even like being stroked! Which brings me onto my second question, does anyone have any tips on...
  15. lis

caecal pellets problem

Help! I can't get my two rabbits to eat their caecal pellets, I'm finding about a small handful of them twice a day and it's messy to clean up because they're indoor rabbits. How worried should I be? They seem in good health otherwise and their bottoms seem ok. I'm a very new rabbit owner, only...
Back