• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. G

Rabbit showing interest in food but won't eat.

Apologies posting agsin, Milton had his eye removed last Sunday along with an abcsess that was behind it. As he'd been bitten by our other bun on the eye quite badly we put it down to that. All went well but he's not eating by himself since. Today he had another GA and X Ray to see if anything...
  2. G

Eye removal due to abscess

Hiya, I'm after info please, our 7 year old boy has had his eye removed today due to a abscess behind it which we suspect has been caused by a bite. We have been dealing with a dental abcsess since April with one of our other bunnies but wondering if this will be any different. He's at the vets...
  3. G

Abscess Treatment

We've been in battle with an abscess with Elsie for over a month now She was only Sulfatrim at first whilst in boarding to try keep it at bay until we returned from holiday. During this time it burst open twice and healed again. Prior to our holiday we had her in for X Rays which showed badly...
  4. G

Metacam/Tramadol/Steroid Jaw Arthritis and Liver damage

Florrie (11 year old) has been for a blood test and dental today and we have been told she has liver damage. She's had blood test before and it has shown up liver issues but nothing to be too concerned about. She's been on metacam for jaw arthritis for 3 years and we were in the process of...
  5. G

Old Rabbit with several health issues going on

Can anyone offer advise please Apologies for the long post, I'm so worried she's in a bad way. You wouldn't think it to look at her running round like a child! Florrie (nearly 11 year old) has been drinking more and peeing everywhere for months. She currently on long term metacam for jaw...
  6. G

Bonding a trio after death of a paired bun

Hi Everyone After some help if possible. We had 2 pairs :'( Boris gave up his fight against all his illnesses yesterday and has left Florrie single. We kept our 2 pairs in 2 separate rooms with a baby gate in between, they couldn't see each other either but could hear. Florrie seems ok even...
  7. G

Cloudy eye

Vet appointment being made for Boris tomorrow but in the mean time any ideas/advise. One of his eyes is cloudy and grey looking. I think I noticed this few weeks back, no where near as bad, hubby said I was imagining it!!! He's a dental bun. Tooth root which can't be pulled due to deformed jaw...
  8. G

Digging litter tray

Hi. Any help or advise please. Our Florrie has decided her fav pass time is digging up her litter tray. We are coming home and waking up to a real mess. Literally everywhere. She never used to be like this and we have had her 5 year.She has a husbun. We do have other rabbits in another room...
  9. G

Baytril Dose

Hi, any ideas on how much dosage of baytril 2.5% my bun should be having. He's 1.8kg. What our vet has told us seems to be loads. I'll never get it all in in 1 go :(
  10. G

Tooth Root, Jaw Bone, Sneezing and watery eye :(

I've posted on here before and not really sure on what's best anymore. Our vet isn't savvy but has had conversations with a savvy vet for best treatment. Boris our 6 year old has had problems for a year now. He started with abscess which revealed jaw bone infection and tooth root infection in a...
  11. G

Bonding, grooming has stopped

First week bonding they were in a different room for 2 hours a day and penned next to each other at other times. When together they seemed ok, no fighting or fur pulling and Elsie groomed Walter for quite some time each night. Walter tried to groom Elsie but ended up humping her after a few...
  12. G

New bunny / bonding

We have brought home today a female bunny we are hoping to bond with our boy. She was born and has been since in a sanctuary for a year n half. Currently she's being penned in our other buns room separate but can see each other. When we brought her home she spent a few hours in an upstairs room...
  13. G

Best online shop

Usually use P@H as it's convenient but after reading staff comments recently I'm never stepping foot in one again. What's a good website to order rabbit goodies n food. I use science selective and ideally want to get that chews and hay from same site. Any recommendations. Thank you xxx
  14. G

Bonding Male Buns

We have a single male 4 year old who we can't bond with our pair as the wifey bun hates him. Even tho he is in our front room and gets loads of company we think he would he happier with a friend. We have a 6 month old neutered male needing a rescue home. Is it possible to bond males that are...
  15. G

Possible Choking

Think our Florrie might of been choking this morning. She is very greedy and rushes her food. The hubby feed her a pellet this morning and she seemed to have a funny turn. Shoke her head for a few seconds then went into her house and had lots of saliva coming out her mouth and also grunting...
  16. G

Coming off depocillin

Hi Boris has now been on depocillin for 6 month. He has a lump (boney mass) under his jaw. This is due to a abcess which was caused by tooth root infection and he also has jaw bone infection. The tooth c can't be pulled cause the risk of his jaw shattering. They are waiting till its loose...
  17. G

Sneezing

Hi, please help, Boris is sneezing loads and has for a month or so. Thought it might be dust but we have tried lots of different hay and its still bad at times.. He sometimes has clear discharge coming out and his paws are manky. He's on depocillin for a tooth root infection (can't have it...
  18. G

Best way to treat jaw bone infection / abcess

Is jaw bone infectection cause by abcess or is an abcess caused by a jaw bone infection? Also how have anyone had jaw abcess treated. Boris had one 6 week ago, they opened it up, ceaned it out, x rayed, but beads in, stiched it up, had 3 follow up injecions. He now has another and we have...
  19. G

Rabbit Boarding Lancashire

Hi Peeps Anyone know of any rabbit boarding places in Lancashire. Would have to be somewhere that can give meds. Think we might of found another abcess on Boris and with us going away in a couple of weeks I dont think its fair to get family to look after him and try get him to have meds so...
  20. G

Metacam help

Hi before I ring vets can someone advise dosage times on Metacam. Boris has has work on abcsess and jaw boneyesterday. Was advised to give 1st dose of Metacam at midday today and follow up every 12 hours for 3 days. We ve done todays but are struggling to get home at midday from work. Is is...
Back