• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Debster

Lymphoma, steroids and end of life care

Tomorrow it will be three months since Peaches had a CT scan that showed a large tumour in her chest. A week later the biopsy result confirmed lymphoma. Our vet estimated she had weeks rather than months due to the size of the tumour. She's been on steroid meds for around 8 weeks now and shes...
  2. Debster

Run flooring for sore hock bunnies

Hi all :wave: Both my outdoor bunnies have sore hocks, so we have always turfed their aviary run. However it badly needs re-turfing and none of my local garden centres/B&Q are stocking it again until next year. It currently looks a real mess, we've put a tarpaulin sheet over the dirt/grass...
  3. Debster

Self-Warming Pads?

I saw these advertised for dogs and wondered if anyone has used them for their bunnies? Are they any good? My outdoor pair won't sit on a Snugglesafe and as they live in a shed its difficult to find somewhere to put one where it will be of benefit. I thought one of these pads might be better...
  4. Debster

Is this safe?

Anyone know what this is? Finding them all the way through this hay bale. Looks like a dried seed head - are they ok for buns to eat?
  5. Debster

Timmy - 10th September 2012

Timmy it will have been 2 weeks tomorrow that you went to Rainbow Bridge. I’m so sorry I didn’t do your tribute sooner, but I just couldn’t find a way of putting into words what an amazing bunny you were and just how much you mean to me. I’m not sure I can now. I’m so sorry I wasn’t with you...
  6. Debster

How to clean the patio?

There is a corner of my patio that has been used as a toilet by the buns :roll: despite all the rain a few weeks ago it still smells and is covered in thick white stains. I'm wondering what the best way of cleaning it is? I'm wary of using bleach because it would be difficult to rinse off -...
  7. Debster

Where to keep Penny?

I have a foster bunny who is living in my rabbits's old hutch. Its on my patio, right outside my lounge door and there is also a run for her. The hutch has a cover on and although there is no bedroom bit (its a PAH hutch and the wood creating the bedroom broke :roll:) she has a big carrier...
  8. Debster

Using Propalin for incontinent rabbits?

Posting this on behalf of a friend, if anyone can offer any advice at all that would be great, she's tried so much to try and help Daisy: Does anyone have any updated information on using Propalin for rabbits. We have a dear bunny called Daisy who is only 2 but has been engaged with ongoing...
  9. Debster

Timmy's had a dental and needs some vibes

Timmy has had a bad couple of days. He was off his food on Wednesday, but with some gripe water and tummy massage he was back to normal by the afternoon. But when I got up yesterday morning his stomach was bloated and he was in obvious pain. The vets admitted him to treat the bloat and found he...
  10. Debster

Beautiful Marty - your time with me was too short

I am so, so sorry :cry: Binky free Marty xxx
  11. Debster

Bunny Rabsley - came to me March 2004 - 29th September 2011 RIP

What a gorgeous boy, I'm so sorry you've lost him :cry: His memorial is lovely :love: Binky free Rabsley, have fun at the bridge xxx
  12. Debster

Tilly - gorgeous girlie - taken too soon

I'm so sorry Tilly couldn't get better, she was a beautiful little bunny :love: Have fun at the bridge Tilly xxx
  13. Debster

How to quarantine - urgent help pls! U/D

14. Debster

Timmy's Tummy UD Now Pickle isn't right

I've noticed in the last hour that Timmy's tummy has been gurgling loudly. Although he does suffer from stasis bouts, this is quite unusual for him. He has been fine all day and ate his tea tonight - he has eaten within the last 2 hours, but now looks uncomfortable and is refusing food. Is...
  15. Debster

Veg high in vitamin C?

Can anyone help me identify vegetables that are high in vitamin C, that are also safe for rabbits to eat regularly? Thanks :wave:
  16. Debster

Lymington Bun Connie's Happy Ending

Connie was one of the bunnies rescued from Lymington last year and I have been fostering her for Jenny at Crawley Guinea Pig Rescue. She was very scared when she arrived, cowered in a corner if I went near her hutch :( It took her a week before she was brave enough to hop out of her hutch and...
  17. Debster

Plant Identification - Anyone know what this is?

[/IMG] Its a climber that grows around a little archway in the garden, doesn't have any flowers just these leaves, its about 5ft high. Normally I remove all the leaves as I don't know whether its safe :oops: but I just caught Pickle eating some of the leaves. There was a bucket next to it, he...
  18. Debster

The Range - their view on tiny hutches, help pls!

I emailed The Range last week, after seing a tiny 4ft hutch on sale in one of their branches (way too small for a bun to stand up in too) and checking their website to find no better alternatives. I based my letter on the template provided by the RWAF last year for their Argos hutch campaign...
  19. Debster

Double Quotes

Can anyone tell me how you quote from 2 or more comments in a reply? Hope that makes sense!:?
  20. Debster

I have broken the sound barrier

shouting at Pickle :shock::shock: when I discovered him hard at work on his latest "project".... Destroying the carpet! They have never shown any interest in carpet before, this was accomplished in about 2 minutes! And here is the little hoolibun himself, trying to creep...
Back