• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Simon

cant kick ear infection

i think it must be wax then because there is no smell anymore. although there was a smell when i first took her to the vets with the problem. thanks for the advice. i'm just considering weather it is a problem worth letting the vet put her under GA for. She's been really poorly for the last year...
  2. Simon

Indoor buns is the way forward or shed bunnies- Is shed heating safe?

hello again. i think how u keep your rabbits is all down to your preference and the type of rabbits you keep. 5 out of 6 of my rabbits were meant to live outdoors. there well built and have lovely winter coats. Penny however is very frail. she would have phyisically been much better off being a...
  3. Simon

Paint or stain HELP!!!

dont use stain. the majority of fence paints are animal friendly.
  4. Simon

cant kick ear infection

thanks for your replies. penny hasn't been on any oral antibiotics. she has an ointment for her eye and the canural for her ears. buster, penny and ellie all got the infection at the same time. the vet said it was mites and the ear wash plus the canural did the trick with buster and ellie but...
  5. Simon

cant kick ear infection

Pennys had an ear infection for weeks now. she has been really poorly in general but now all thats left to clear up are her ears. i've been washing them out and putting canural in them every day but it seems that there is always wax blocking the very bottom. not sure what to do now. she has to...
  6. Simon

Bunny has a deformed back end- Please help- Should i put her to sleep?

I had more or less the same problem as you. penny could not use her back legs, had lost weight, was covered in urine and poo, she also had an ear and eye infection. she had been to the vets about her weight, incontinence and the infections but wasnt getting better and it wasnt untill she lost...
  7. Simon

Water Freezing Help

i've just put cat flaps and a snuggle safe in my rabbits sleep box. i made a fixing for for there water bottles on the inside and they havent frozon in there at all yet.
  8. Simon

Dog proof enclosures.

hello, i have an enclose and a dog. take a look at the youtube link on my signature. If you want any advice just ask.
  9. Simon

The Giant Breeds

hello, i have 6 rabbits that live in a 16m2 enclosure. I built it nearly 4 years ago and its still in good condition but i'm about to build a bigger one next to a workshop in the new year. Take a look at the youtube link on my siggy and if you think you would like something simular i would be...
  10. Simon

Extending this hutch?

hello again. I'm not a chippie by trade but i am a builder, i'm very good with wood and i have 6 rabbits that live together. I looked at the dimensions of your hutch and its ample for 2 rabbits but tp add another i agree that u would need to extend it. It is a very nice looking hutch too so if...
  11. Simon

cat flaps on hutches

thanks all. They have all just about worked out how to use the flaps now. I taped one door open over night and left the other as is. I'm glad they picked it up with the weather we've been having. I've put there drinking bottles in there now and they havent frozen so it must be warmer. Thanks again.
  12. Simon

Extending this hutch?

if u want to make the hutch bigger then you could clad the hole frame with the same timber cladding thats been used on the shelterd area and attache a 6x4x2 run to the front of it.
  13. Simon

cat flaps on hutches

yeah i was thinking along those lines myself. thing is the flaps are in the same place as the holes were. might have to give it a go i think
  14. Simon

cat flaps on hutches

i just put a couple of cat flaps on my rabbits sleep box to help insulate it. one of the rabbits worked out how to use it straight away but i'm not sure about the others. anyone used them before?
  15. Simon

Good vets in Loughborough, Leicestershire?

there is a pets at home in loughborough btw.
  16. Simon

Can an abcess clear itself up?

hello i have had 3 rabbits with abcesses. The first tome was from a nip whilst bonding. The nip was so tiny i couldnt see it. It was just in between her front leg and chest. Armpit area. A few days later i noticed her limping and took her vets. It had spread across her chest and down the leg...
  17. Simon

Good vets in Loughborough, Leicestershire?

hello. I live in leicester and i found it hard to find a good rabbit vet. I just started using the vets at pets at home. They rehome rabbits there and have all there own equiptment on site. I.e exray machine blood testing epuipment and so on. Only used them once but the seem ok. There is one at...
  18. Simon

incontinence

quick update I went to fetch sum hay this morning and asked in the shop about pet bed. Its a farm shop that is ajacent to a stables so they only had stuff in there horses but she to me about this stuff called equizorb. they use it for horse bedding to soak up the urine. it looks abit like hay...
  19. Simon

incontinence

The changes in tempreture are worrying me. In her enclosure she has 5 other rabbits to sit with that keep her warm but i think its too early to risk some of the tempretures we've been having overnight so i keep her in an indoor cage in the kitchen overnight. Its not too cold in there for her but...
  20. Simon

incontinence

Thank you.
Back