• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. elaine84

Lost my boy :,(

Here for some comfort from others. My beautiful boy Roger died in my arms on New Year’s Eve. He was a rescue boy who we’d had 6 years, we think he was just 8. My heart feels broken and empty. He leaves behind his two friends. He was such a character and the most binky-mad and zoomy bun I’ve ever...
  2. elaine84

Female bun with suspected bladder sludge

I have two boys and a girl all bonded. My female keeps going off her food every couple of months and in December the vet said she had sludge but no visible stones (on an ultrasound). So she had antibiotics, metacam, and she’s been on a low calcium diet and been doing well, but tonight she’s off...
  3. elaine84

Does moulting lower immune system (mites/ lice) ?

I have 4 house rabbits who are all moulting, and 2 of the buns have 'salt and pepper' moving specks on their fur :'( I think they're some kind of mites from the hay (I've been told rabbits don't get lice?) but I don't know why only 2 of them have them. I've read their immune systems could be...
  4. elaine84

Rabbit getting dirty underneath from urine :(

One of my rabbits has osteoarthritis and is on Metacam for it. She's started to get urine stains underneath, I know you can't bath rabbits but I have washed her underneath and dried her thoroughly before but it keeps happening and I don't want to keep washing her. How else can I keep her clean...
  5. elaine84

Bunny with arthritis - glucosamine, turmeric etc

One of my buns is only 4 but has been diagnosed with arthritis :( She’s on daily metacam but I’m looking at supplements too, such as glucosamine, and turmeric. She won’t eat the oxbow joint cookies. Please could you tell me if you’ve had any luck with supplements and how you gave them to your...
  6. elaine84

Glucosamine / chondroitin supplements for arthritis?

One of our bunnies (she's only 4) has got arthritis :( We're booked in with the vets to get her on NSAIDs. Can anyone recommend the best glucosamine & chondroitin to supplement her diet with - is liquid or tablet best etc? And have you found it helps? Thank you
  7. elaine84

Pinworms keep coming back

Hi all, I'm treating my 4 rabbits with Panacur after finding pinworms in their poo this morning. Not sure whose they were but I'm treating them all. They've been treated before after having pinworms a few months ago and there hadn't been signs since (I check every day). We are sooo diligent at...
  8. elaine84

How to tell if pinworms are dead?

I have 4 bonded house rabbits and I check their poo every day, as you do. I found pinworms in the poo of one of them yesterday, sooo disgusting. (Definitely pinworms as another bun had this problem in the past but was treated along with her partner and I didn't see them since). I am now...
  9. elaine84

Will spraying ever stop?

I adopted a male rabbit who was neutered 9 months ago when he was about 1.5 years old, and then bonded him with a spayed girl bun and they've been together for 8 months. I noticed he sprayed her a bit while bonding, I'm unsure if he stopped doing it once bonded as I wasn't looking for it. (I...
  10. elaine84

Does anyone have 4 rabbits bonded?

We have two bonded buns (a boy and a girl) but have fallen in love with another rescue pair (another boy and girl). I've never had more than 2 rabbits so feel a bit nervous about having trying to bond 4 together. Does anyone else have a quad and would you recommend it? Is it a lot more work and...
  11. elaine84

I've found some pinworms :(

One of the rabbits I've fostering has passed 2 pinworms (so gross). I'm going to call the vet tomorrow and get some Panacur. I'll treat both rabbits. Does anyone know if humans can catch these? I'm always kissing the rabbits! And if so how can we be treated? What else do I do to make sure the...
  12. elaine84

Mites or moulting?

I've just noticed this smooth bald spot on Roger's head... Could it be mites? Moulting you normally see short stubbly hairs coming through but this is smooth like it's been waxed! It's not grooming or fur pulling from another bun.
  13. elaine84

How long till humping stops?!

Hi everyone, I'm currently fostering and bonding two rescued rabbits (from separate places) for the RSPCA so they can be rehomed together as a pair. They were neutered and spayed one month ago (beginning of March) and we waited a couple of weeks till introducing. It's all been going well, no...
  14. elaine84

Signs from past pets? Updated with tribute pics

Some of you may have seen my recent thread where I lost Billy on 6th Jan. I still can't believe it and I'm struggling to get through each day. I feel like I've lost my soulmate. A couple of kind posters messaged me saying that they've had signs from their rabbits who have passed over. It's made...
  15. elaine84

How long do antibiotics take to work for UTI?

Hi all, Billy is currently being treated for a suspected UTI after he started straining to urinate and doing lots of little wees all over the carpet. He's also done some big wees, so I'm hoping there's no blockage/ stones. He had stopped drinking and was selective with food. He went to the vet...
  16. elaine84

Twiddling hay instead of eating it!?

Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone else has had this problem and is it a sign of needing a dental? Billy had his first dental not long ago under GA and once he'd recovered he was eating lots of hay. He's never been a big hay eater so it was great to see him enjoying it for once! The past week...
  17. elaine84

Symptoms of bladder sludge?

Hi, my bunny Billy is getting over stasis that I think was brought on by teeth problems, he had a full dental on Monday and is still recovering - not as fast as I'd like but I've been told it takes time, especially due to his age (I've had him 6 years, he was a rescue so don't know how old he...
  18. elaine84

Getting over GI stasis - how long?

Hi all My bunny Billy is currently getting over GI stasis. We moved house a couple of weeks ago and I think the stress/ too much new stuff to take in may be what brought it on (fingers crossed no underlying issues). He's had stasis in the past but seems to be taking ages to get better this time...
  19. elaine84

Bunny has another abscess :(

My rabbit Lily had an abscess on her cheek at Christmas time and she had that removed and it all healed really nicely. The vet removed her saliva duct (not the gland) as he suspected that's what was causing the trouble. At first he thought it was the tooth but didn't remove that in the end...
  20. elaine84

Echinacea for rabbits?

Hi I bought some echinacea drops for some immunity support for one of my buns but she won't drink the water when it has it in! It must be because it has alcohol in? This is what I bought: http://m.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1421&prodid=1332&cid=16 How can I get her to...
Back