• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. rachylou

Long term metacam

Cookie has been on metacam for the past month due to suspected arthritis and the vet wants to continue on it long term as she feels that given Cookies age the risk of kidney damage is worth taking to keep her comfortable. She just turned 12, anyone else's elderly bunny on metacam long term?
  2. rachylou

Can not locate a thread

A friend of mine would like to read my bonding journey with Jims and Cookie but I cant seem to find it, anyone else able to find it for me please?
  3. rachylou

New 3in1 vaccine

Has anyone used this yet? My vet is requesting i book Cookie in for this in December but I am really anxious introducing something new at her age, she will be 12 in Feb. What do you think?
  4. rachylou

Missing my boy

I am missing Jims so much, I am 'coping' because I have no choice but it still hurts so much. I still cant open the bag from the crematorium which has the blanket he was wrapped up in and fur clipping etc, I have 'him' in a bunny urn by my bed. I just cant 'accept' that he is no longer here...
  5. rachylou

Quick response needed please! Dead pigeon

Sorry to message asking for advise when I have not been active for so long, its just too hard since loosing Jims. We are looking to move house and just viewed a property and there was a dead pigeon in the fireplace which is in the room which would be Cookies room where she would free range. Is...
  6. rachylou

My Cookie

Cookie has not been herself for some time now, her mood definitely went down after loosing Jims and she still seems very low and depressed. I took her to the vet last week to have her eyes checked as they are still goopy, but started looking really sore so didn't want to leave it just applying...
  7. rachylou

Do rabbits think like us...

It do we humanize them?
  8. rachylou

I miss Jims so much

My grief is really weird. When Jims died in my arms part of me was relieved for him cause I knew he wouldnt be in pain anymore and part of me wanted to die with him, I had to try not to scream as the kids were in bed. The days after he passed I think I kind of went into auto pilot or maybe...
  9. rachylou

Im terrified i am loosing Jimby... ive lost my baby

On examinationJimbys chest sounds better and his sneezing is much better so vet prescribed another 5 day baytil then stop. Since our last appoitment, Jims just has not been 'right'. We gave him the Baytril and some Zantac that evening as he wasnt eating since the vet visit. Since then he has...
  10. rachylou

something Jack found...

At Jacks school they have LOADS of wild rabbits on their land and at night and weekends the rabbits run all over the play ground. today Javk has come home with a bit of corriander or something like that which he found outside in the play ground on the floor, is this a VHD risk to Jimby and Cookie?
  11. rachylou

Worried about Jims

For a while now he has been sneezing on and off, i have taken him to the vets and they saw no nasal discharge and ruled it as nothing to worry about. Over the past 2 weeks he has been sneezing a lot and over the past week i have noticed him 'coughing' as well. I also noticed him dropping...
  12. rachylou

Deteriorating eyesight

Both Jimby and Cookie have been showing signs of cataracts for a while but recently i have noticed Jimby is startling easily and is a bit grumpy and i believe his eyesight is getting worse, went to the vets on Tuesday and he said that he still has some vision but it will be very fuzzy now. Is...
  13. rachylou

Does Cookie have a cold?

The other night Dan fell asleep on the sofa and forgot to close the windows downstairs, when i came down in the morning it was so cold. Yesterday and today i have noticed Cookie sneezing and todsy she sounds nasal, is it possible she could have caught a cold? We were only at the vets last week...
  14. rachylou

Suitable?

Wheat flour, ground timothy hay, ground alfalfa, ground locust beans,ground peas, soya oil, linseeds, dried dandelion, dried rosehips.
  15. rachylou

Insence sticks?

Is it safe to burn insence sticks in the same room as bunnies?
  16. rachylou

Poo freak out

Ok so went in to pets at home today to get a few bits for Cookies birthday on tuesday and whilst in there i trod on something which was either a bunny poo or a bit of dry food, i then lent down to have a look at the mats as they were right on a bottom shelf and my hair (which is almost down to...
  17. rachylou

Metacam question

Is it safe to use metacam that expired in February? Cookie is having a tummy time and don't have any other pain relief.
  18. rachylou

How will I cope?

When I loose my Jimby? I have a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes (edit- now rolling down my cheeks) at the thought of it, I love him with ally heart and am terrified every day that it could be his last as he turned 9 in July. Will he know how much I love him and that he is my soul mate? Ok...
  19. rachylou

Next door have a bunny

Oh dear!! Saw them bringing in a small hutch and unload a little bunny!! What if they don't vaccinate it? Jack won't be able to go over and play 😞
  20. rachylou

Bunny sitting

Dans boss knows someone with a mobile home and they are renting it out he has offered to pay for us to have a little get a way, we just need to find someone who would be able to stay at our place and look after our babies. Does any one know anyone?
Back