• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. H

Large budget run advice

Big cheap pens are hard to get hold of- most pens are relatively small to start off with, so those that are a decent size and strong are much more expensive. The only suggestion iv got involves a TINY bit of diy- buy some aviary panels and screw them together. You can get them relatively cheap...
  2. H

Newspaper

I personally wouldnt use it as a permanent feature, but i have used it in our indoor pen that i use for poorly buns (or in the case of one bun i kept her in as she was poorly, then she stayed in for several months!lol). Its not just an issue of them eating it, as mine didnt bother, but their...
  3. H

Too old to be spayed??

Theres no such thing as "too old" in my opinion, its more of a health issue, ie "being too ill" to be done. Nowadays rabbits pull through ops much quicker and with a lower percentage risk rate. I had both of my females done at an older age, one about 6 1/2ish and one at 7. Both pulled through...
  4. H

A 'whole' rabbit healthier that a neutered or speyed one??

Having had one female have uterine cancer, that later spread and lead to her being pts, definately being spayed all the way! Having said that, being spayed doesnt mean a bun wont get ill, it'll still be prone to most things it was prone to before the op other than the cancer etc in female buns...
  5. H

Crusty nose- causes?

Hi everyone. One of my rabbits (shes 7 now) has a crusty nose- it doesnt seem to be scabs, more like dried mucus. Her upper lips are also a tiny bit swollon. Iv been away for the past week so my dads been looking after her- shes eaten fine all week and been her normal self otherwise. He said he...
  6. H

Is this hutch suitable for 2 rabbits?

If you are going to go with that one, its VERY similar to one my boyfriends little sister has for her bun. In fact it looks exactly the same execpt one of the doors is different and the roof felt colour. Personally, i think its quite good, but the bolts are SHOCKING! At least on her cage- they...
  7. H

Sofa weeing problem

Ok, i have some tips, but they may not work for you. Firstly it could be a territoral thing, shes saying 'this is mine', so id get her booked in for a spay when shes old enough (usually 5-6 months), as its usually due to hormones. My female had a nipping issue that kicked in at about 3 months...
  8. H

Female female bonds

Personally i think it depends on the rabbits personality. I tried a female female bond 7 years ago after i bought a female to bond with my male (which went fine, but only lasted 2 months as he unfortunately died after having an absesse removed, he was 8). I ended up getting her a female friend...
  9. H

Newly neutered rabbit still spraying

Its normally 6 weeks for hormones to really settle iv heard- my male had no real bad behaviour (no sparaying/humping me/he used his litterbox). However he did humo my 2 female buns if he got chance, and grunted and just looked at them if he could see them though the seperate pens. By 3 weeks he...
  10. H

Floppy Ear

How old is your bun? And what breed? Is it down permanently or just now and again? How long has it been down, did it happen on a hot day? Does he scratch his ear? I have a 7 year old lop that has always had one ear up and one down (shes a crossbreed, her mum was a lop and dad wasnt, so has...
  11. H

evil fly

Im sure he'll be fine. Iv never used any sort of flystrike protection with my buns and theyve never had a problem. Mine are in a shed and flys do sometimes go in there, and they go out in the garden or house for runs everyday so have further contact with flies. Iv heard its MAINLY buns that have...
  12. H

Bunny stopped using her litter tray.

I agree. Although it tends to be more an issue with pooing, it can happen with wees. The main thing to look out for as youv noticed is the size and dribbles- my bun had cystitus and dribbled and did many small wees, rather than the usual bigger wees. However, she now refuses to wee anywhere in...
  13. H

Please help? Watering bunny eye.

As you said, there is the possibility of it being her teeth. My dental bun went to the vets when she was about 7 months old, as her eye was watering too. She seemed fine in herself, ate the same, had lots of energy and cuddled up etc, so i wondered if it was somthing simple like dust getting...
  14. H

Can You Bond A Un-Nuted Male With A Sprayed Female?

Definately get him neutored. Even after the op as his hormones remain high, he will continue to hump, mine did it for about 4 weeks, but iv heard of others doing it for a few months. Id say keep him seperate from her until hes been done and for 2 weeks, then gradually start introducing them...
  15. H

my rabbit won't drink from his bottle

Iv always used bottles, and my buns have always varied with how much they drink. on a typical day one of my buns could drink 200-300ml, while another bun about the same size drank 100-150ml. I have another bun who was used to a bowl, but i always leave a bottle with her too, and she sometimes...
  16. H

can buns eat the leaves off plum branches

:shock:Oh no- i never knew they were toxic either. We have a plum tree- my buns have never been interested in eating any fallen leaves, until one of my new buns. She started eating one a while ago, and i moved them away as i wasnt sure, but i asked my vets (although it wasnt my normal vet, only...
  17. H

What is the youngest a bunny can be...

8 weeks for myxi, 10 weeks for vhd. Any earlier and it wont be effective as they still have antibodies from their mum (one of mine got vhd done at 8 weeks as there was a suspected case of it, and she had to have it redone a month later due to it being given early). The 2 injections must be at...
  18. H

Appreciate a bit of advice please

We've always done it from when we've got the rabbits- aged 8 weeks, and theyve always been fine. Just remember to introduce one veg at a time, so if it does have any problems you know which veg it is, and try not swap food over at the same time, keep everything else constant. There are plenty...
  19. H

Baby bunnies

I am no expert but iv always been told they remove the male, as he can get aggressive and territorial, and attack and kill the babies. The mother may also turn on them too, so personally, id seperate him. Also, tell her the female needs to be spaye once the babies are 8 weeks old or a littel...
  20. H

Petplan for rabbits?

Do people really think insurance is worth it then? Iv had rabbits all my life with no problems until now, my 7 year old bun has had health problems since january, but shes too old to be insured. Even so, the excess for petplan is now £55 per illness- ontop of the £9 roughly per month in...
Back