• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. NLENG2000

Bonding Two Pairs, Is it a good idea?

I am thinking of bonding my two pairs into a group, but have some doubts and wondered if anyone had any advice or views on this? The situation is that I have one pair living in a 8 x 6 Shed with a 6 x 6 run attached, the other pair live in a 6 x 2.5ft double hutch. Both pairs normally get at...
  2. NLENG2000

What am I doing wrong?

Just a general question really. I have 4 buns living in two pairs outside. One pair I have had for 5 years, the other just over 12 months. In the last few months I seem to have had sooo many occurances of early Stasis, with no apparent cause (spread across three of the 4 bunnies in almost equal...
  3. NLENG2000

For those with multiple buns sharing the same garden..

:wave: Just after some advice .. Over the weekend we added an aviary onto our shed so that the bunnies can get out of the shed if they are too warm, plus it gives them 6x6ft more space. Only trouble is our other pair of buns, when they are free ranging, spend their time bating those in the...
  4. NLENG2000

Cut on Ear

Lilly has had a very small cut on her ear which doesnt seem to be healing (I think she must have caught it on a bush or something when she was doing one of her mad bunny 500's around the garden!). It's been a few days now and still looks like a fresh wound (no scab etc). Is there anything I can...
  5. NLENG2000

Twix is Poorly Again

Was off his food again yesterday (following serious Bloat a few weeks ago), pushing his tummy on the floor, grinding his teeth etc etc.. Took him back to the vets (who I totally trust) and she thinks there is an underlying problem but he is in too much pain to work out what exactly.. He is on...
  6. NLENG2000

Can I have some Vibes for Twix please? Stressful Weekend! u/d p36

When my OH went out to feed Twix and Star this morning, Twix was refusing food and was sitting scrunched up with his eyes half closed, most unlike him! I rushed him up to the vets as soon as they opened and they think he has a Gastrointestinal Dissection (twisted stomach) :cry: I have left him...
  7. NLENG2000

Nigel says hello

Well Nigel has been back with us now for a week and I thought it was time to show him off a little. He is going off to be bonded with a wifey bun in a weeks time, so making the most of his attention before he gets distracted :lol: Here is my little boy... Hewooo areeuuuu I iz vewy fast at...
  8. NLENG2000

Hutch Covers

Just wondering if anyone knows a company that makes covers for 6 x 2 feet double hutches? I want to buy one of the 6ft double hutches from Happy Hutch Company but want to be able to wind and weatherproof it to keep the buns snug. I would prefer not to cover it with tarp or something similar if...
  9. NLENG2000

Does anyone remember the meat lorry bunny?

His story was originally posted by Theo (Snowy) a couple of months ago.. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=247759&highlight=meat+lorry Well... following an amazingly successful bond with my two, he is coming home to me tonight, and I can't wait! We have had to wait quite a...
  10. NLENG2000

Fur Loss

Just wondered if anyone could think of a reason why a bunny would lose hair from one foot? It doesnt appear to be painful to touch, the skin isn't red and there is no evidence of fighting. It just looks like the fur has fallen out in one spot on the left foot. It's a male bunny so can't be hair...
  11. NLENG2000

Can bunnies be sick?

A friend of mine has just told me her bunny has been sick and has had some discharge from her nose, he is still eating, but I told her to get him checked out by the vets urgently. Thing is, I don't think she will do it until tomorrow. I didn't think rabbits could be sick as they had no gag...
  12. NLENG2000

Needles

I'm just about to run out of needles for administering Depocillin. I got my last lot from Vets UK but they don't seem to do the same one's now and I'm not sure what to use instead. What I had before is :- Henry Schein Syringe 3 Part (Centre Tip) LUER Centric Outer Box - 1ml Millpledge...
  13. NLENG2000

Everyone needs a foot rest!! For Chloaster and Shel

Sorry for the poor picture quality, but my OH took this on his phone late last night... Faunus has decided that he has at last found a use for Alfie - as a foot rest! His feet were sticking up in the air - how this could be comfortable for either of them I will never know!!
  14. NLENG2000

Finally the Shed is finished! (Pic Heavy!)

It has taken a month and a halfs hard work by my OH and this is the result .. my bunnies are sooo lucky! This is their old home It started with the foundations... Then OH ran electrics to the shed.. The Shed.. Then we insulated it.. After laying the lino and carpet this was the...
  15. NLENG2000

Alfie (pic heavy!!!)

Following his bout of stasis last week, and because I am away for a few days with work Alfie has gone off to stay with Auntie Michelle (Shel) for a few days. I am missing him like crazy so thought I would post some piccies to cheer myself (and hopefully you!) up.. When he comes home I hope he...
  16. NLENG2000

To heat or not to heat....

My OH and I are having a debate as to whether or not we need to heat the new Bunny Shed we are kitting out at the moment. The plan is to put their current hutch in the shed with them so they have some familiar territory, but to then put plywood round the walls for insulation and to stop bunny...
  17. NLENG2000

Probiotics (FAO Liz or Jane or anyone else that can help)

Can anyone recommend a good probiotic? See my thread here :- http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=196932 Pretty Lupin has suggested that it might be worth trying Alfie with a probiotic and that possibly Liz (Hugo's There) or Jane (Jack's Jane) might have some advice to give...
  18. NLENG2000

Soft Poo's - Advice please

Well my bunnies certainly are giving me the run around this week. Alfie is slowly recovering from his Stasis. He is eating and pooing more, but still not back to 100%. One of my other bunnies now has tummy problems. Last week I noticed some mucus around a cluster of poo. I mentioned this to the...
  19. NLENG2000

Can I have some vibes for Alfie please U/D He's on the mend :-)

I had to take him to the vets this morning as he hadn't eaten or poo'd for over 12 hours. I have just called and there is no improvement, I am so worried about my little man :( I am going to take some of his favourite food up to him after work, I hope it helps!
  20. NLENG2000

I'm excited and fed up all at the same time!

I'm excited because our new bunny shed arrived this afternoon and it's going to be great for Twix and Star, especially with Autumn/Winter approaching! I'm fed up because it's missing a fascia kit (the pieces of wood at the front and back of the shed that hides the felt joints) and the door...
Back