• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Pinkchi

Food To Help Weight-gain?

I have recently taken on a pair of rabbits who have been terribly neglected. A week ago they were returned to my place of work by a customer (who had only adopted them 2 weeks previous). I was absolutely furious when I opened the boxes, and what I saw will stay with me forever. I have never...
  2. Pinkchi

Best Hay (Berkshire Area)

Having moved to Berkshire and being unable to store a full bale anymore I'm wondering if there is anywhere in the Bracknell/Wokingham area that sells smaller bags off bales or even smaller bags of good quality hay. I've looked at dust free hay but it's very expensive :shock: I have also looked...
  3. Pinkchi

Those With Kidney Failure Buns *Help Please*

My Archie has been diagnosed with kidney failure after urine/blood test. He is on Benefortin 2.5mg tablets. (1tablet to 10ml water/fruit juice, 1.2ml of that solution daily) Is it ok leaving meds mixed up for that long? Will it alter the effects of the medication at all? He is also very thin...
  4. Pinkchi

Weightloss

I'm getting increasingly concerned about Shelby. She had a dental done about 2 months ago, and afterwards put on weight so I bonded her back into my group (6 including Shelby) and the weight she gained has just dropped off of her :( I thought it could be stress as Tinkerbell can be a bit of a...
  5. Pinkchi

Possible Liver/Kidney Problem

6. Pinkchi

Strange Noise

About a week ago I noticed our dutch bunny, Tilly, was making funny noises when she breathed. We monitored her over the weekend, it didn't get worse, and she went to the vets on Tuesday. She wasn't making the noise all the time, more noticably when she was eating/stressed/excited. It also...
  7. Pinkchi

Housing For Group Of 8

When we move to our new house (we get the keys on friday wooo) I will be attempting to bond our rabbits into a group of 8 :shock: They will be inside untill we get their new accomodation built so gives me plenty of time to supervise them and make sure they bond okay. We are planning on...
  8. Pinkchi

Warning!

Pets At Home Woodland treats contain 'Meat & Animal Derivitives'!! These are the treats we had, and I was disgusted when I read the label http://www.petsathome.com/shop/carro...oodlands-38609 Funnily enough, the ingrediants aren't listed online, I wonder why?!!
  9. Pinkchi

liz's Bunny Biscuits?

I've seen them mentioned on here and they sound rather good. Where can I get some or get the recipe from to try for my lot?
  10. Pinkchi

science selective or excel?

I'm interested in peoples opinions of which is the better out of 2 and why. Please don't forget to vote in the poll. Thanks x
  11. Pinkchi

Adding Rescue Boy To Pair Of Sisters?

My boyfriend and I pick up our pair of baby mini lops in just under 2 weeks. When they are older and both spayed I would quite like to add another small rabbit to the pair, a small rescue rescue rabbit as there are so many cute buns needing homes. Our pair of mini lops will house rabbits, using...
  12. Pinkchi

Meet Tinkerbell & Tigerlilly

My Bf and I have finally chosen our babies! We went the weekend and picked and reserved our 2 girls from a litter of 8. We are picking them up in 3 weeks soooo excited! So finally here are the long awaited pics This is Tinkerbell she is a Fawn Butterfly Mini Lop This is Tigerlilly (My Bf...
  13. Pinkchi

pellets for 7 week old mini lops?

I don't know what pellets are best to wean them onto when switching from the food the breeder gives us. I was planning on trying them on science selective junior but I saw somewhere that the protein level was to high for a mini lop? Should I just give them the adult science selective or what...
  14. Pinkchi

Russell Rabbit Meadow Hay

Is it any good? Can't seem to find a nutritional analysis anywhere :?
  15. Pinkchi

Hay Supplier? & Horsehage?

Does anyone know of a hay supplier in Gloucestershire, like a farm or stable shop or something? There is a shop in my town but they only sell Horsehage High Fibre, Horsehage Ryegrass, Top Score Hayplus, & Graze-On, which I have no idea if they would be suitable or not.
  16. Pinkchi

I'm Torn! =(

I need mega help! As the title says I am torn between decisions! I have just found out that the mother of my soon to be mini lop has had 9 kits! :shock: Now originally I was intending on getting just one to have as a house rabbit....but now I know there are so many i'm really considering 2! I...
  17. Pinkchi

Which Litter For Litter Tray?

I plan to use a cat litter as a base with hay on the top but not sure which cat litter would be best? Clumping or non clumping? Paper based or wood pellet? I think its between Biocatolet & Pets at home non clumping wood pellet, although it says it has a slight pine scent....would that be okay...
  18. Pinkchi

When To Change Age Specific Food?

I can't seem to find any information on when to change a rabbits diet from Junior to adult, and from adult to mature? The bunny in question will be a mini lop (on waiting list for one) Do i change her food in the age stages or should I leave her on the Junior/Dwarf? I was thinking about...
  19. Pinkchi

NIC Cubes, Dog Crate or Indoor Rabbit Cage?

Which is best? I have changed my mind and now decided to get a house rabbit, which will live in my room & be allowed to free range all day as there isn't anything she would be able to get into. I have yet to move wires out of the way but thats a 5 min job. In the space i have i could fit...
  20. Pinkchi

Best Hay & Pellets?

There are so many different types of hay i'm a bit confused. Which is the best hay to feed? Is there any specific type or do i need to feed a mixture of a few different ones? And as for pellets, which is better out of Dodson & Horrell Rabbit Pellets & Dodson & Horrell Rabbit Royale? If they are...
Back