• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Poorly wild rabbit

Hi everyone I just found a little baby wildie next to the road. She looks in a bad way. She's very lethargic and weak. Has been holding her head all the way back. Like a head tilt but straight up. Not all the time but quite often. She also seems to have balance problems. I've given some...
  2. B

Thoughts on Free ads/hutches Update - she's here!

Hi I have been looking for a new bunny to bond with my boy since I lost his wifey last month, but all the rescues near me have only males or bonded pairs. So, I usually stay off free add sites as it is too upsetting for me but, have noticed a free add for a bun in a tiny hutch, "kids not...
  3. B

Myxomatosis

My bunny bronwyn has myxi. She has a large nodule on her nose but so far that's her only symptom. This is the second time as she fought nodular myxi and survived about 4 or 5 years ago so I feel such injustice that she's got it again. Her husbun Mork seems OK currently but I know he's probably...
  4. B

I think I'm losing Marcie :(

Marcie had a few small tooth spurs on her molars sobering for a dental on Tuesday the week before last. She came back from the dental and seemed ok. She was eating a bit and didn't seem too stressed. Since then she's got progressively worse. She has been drooling really badly from her mouth, has...
  5. B

Traumatised Rabbit

Hi everyone I have a little wild bun called Logan. Usually he is the most laid back happy-go-lucky little guy but he had a sofa in his room that he had eaten pretty badly. I took it to the skip last weekend and replaced it with a large sofa sized cardboard box so he still had something to sit...
  6. B

Possible VHD :'(

My beautiful holly was found dead yesterday when I got home from work. She had been so happy to see me yesterday morning. It was so sudden and I am still in shock, I can't quite believe it. She has a weight loss issue that started a couple of months ago where she was eating a lot but losing...
  7. B

Diabetes in Rabbits?

I have been told by my vet that my Holly might have diabetes. She has been excessively drinking, eating and urinating. I've been feeding her a huge bowl of water and a much larger ammount of pellets than usual and she's finishing the water over night and always looking for more food. She's also...
  8. B

Please Help! UD Juniper is Gone :(

Juni has been unwell for a couple of weeks. She lost a lot of weight very rapidly and was taken to the vets. She also had been peeing and drinking a lot and had urine soaked into her. The vet noticed spurs on her molars and she had a dental. They also found a loose molar when she was under GA so...
  9. B

Rapid weight loss and wee soaked bum? :(

Juni has suddenly lost a lot of weight very quickly. I was hoping she'd lose a bit a few months ago and she did loose some slowly over a month or so but and was on a hay diet until about 6 weeks ago to sort out her sensitive tummy. But just very recently she lost some more and last night she...
  10. B

FAO people who own ferrets and rabbits

Me an my OH have been thinking about getting a ferret (or two!) for a while and, since finding a stray last week, we've decided we're probably going to go ahead with it. Our major concern is how best to make sure the rabbits were safe. We will soon have two groups of buns, A Trio upstairs and a...
  11. B

I found a stray ferret!

I got a phone call early this morning from my next door neighbour about a ferret in her garden. Apparently the poor girl had been in the garden since 5.30am being chased by the neighbours westie and she couldn't catch it because she's in a wheelchair. Well.... this ferret is the sweetest thing...
  12. B

Vibes for Holly and Juniper

Its the big day for Holly and Juniper. They're both getting spayed and Holly is also having a lump removal, dental and her tear ducts flushed :shock: The last non-routine operation I put a bunny through didn't end well and I'm even more worried with Holly having so many procedures at once so...
  13. B

Spaying my Older Girls

I have just rescued two girls who are around 4 years old. They are both unspayed but I am very nervous about getting them done because of their age. They have been living with me for a week now and have had a few problems. Holly has a weepy eye and a large lump on her leg. Juni had a short bout...
  14. B

Using a tunnel instead of a catflap

I've noticed some people use thick plastic tubes instead of a cat flap as access to a shed/playhouse. I really want to replace my catflap and add a tunnel for extra fox protection. I was wondering if anyone had any pictures/examples of how they set theirs up as I'm not the best at DIY :oops...
  15. B

Holly has a Lump (Slightly Graphic Photo)

My new bun Holly has a large lump on her. It's only in the skin though so the vet's hopeful it can be very easily removed. I'm so worried that it's malignant and could have spread :cry: Vet isn't 100% sure what it is but it looks like a tumour. :cry: Its about 2 inches long and one inch wide...
  16. B

Uneaten Caecals and small Faecal Poos :(

I just got two harlequin buns from a rescue yesterday and when I checked on them this morning there were a lot of uneaten caecals and some very small, slightly softer round poos. I think it's only one of the buns because there are quite a lot of healthier looking poos too (but I can't tell which...
  17. B

Meet Juniper and Holly-Kirkby Harliquins

My two gorgeous girls from Kirkby Welfare arrived this morning :love: :love: :love: Firstly, a huge THANK YOU to Tracy who not only dropped the bunnies off but also brought a goodie bag with wicker and willow toys and a beautiful handmade pink blanket for them!!!! :D These buns are so lucky...
  18. B

Run-grass has turned to mud :(

The grass in my buns run has turned to mud. It looks awful and can't be nice for the buns to sit on. Especially when it's wet. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?? I'm saving up to pave over the whole area but that's going to take me a while... And until then the poor buns have a muddy...
  19. B

Where can I find cheap Bunny toys?

Anyone know any good websites where I can order cheap bunny toys (wicker balls, willow toys, etc...) I'm getting two girls from Kirkby rescue on Saturday and I figured if I could find any info on affordable bunny toys for them it would be here! :D Thanks!
  20. B

Red Wee?

Hey, One of my buns (not sure who) keeps doing very bright rusty red pees. I know that it's common for buns wees to be red and I've always noticed a reddish/pinkish/orangish tint to some of their wees but these have been very bright and I've never seen any this dark/vibrant. At the moment they...
Back