• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. R

Weight loss and small poos

I have an appointment booked this evening with my excellent bunny vet but just wanted some opinions here first. My bunny Lola (spayed female approximately 3 years) has started to lose weight and isn't doing poos as large as I would hope. I suspect it might be teeth related but is there...
  2. R

RHD2 Denial

Apologies if this info is out there but I can't find it atm. Does anyone know why a lot of vets are doubting that RHD 2 is a threat or even here in the UK at all? Does anyone know what the RCVS' stance on the issue is? I have been speaking to rabbit friends over the last few weeks and have...
  3. R

Rubber stable matting

Anyone use it and have recommendations of where to buy please?
  4. R

Housing recommendations

So it looks like a need an additional set-up and I wondered if there was anything out there that I've missed before I order a shed from a local supplier and an aviary from welfare hutches. Requirements:- 1. Run must be at least 6ft tall as we want to be able to stand in it 2. Run must be 50...
  5. R

Tunnels and foxproofing

Just wondered if there was any info out there regarding how fox proof the tunnel connectors available from various suppliers actually are? I have a very short tunnel (probably about a foot max) connecting my shed and aviary. I'm not too concerned as it is so short it is quite sturdy so is...
  6. R

Why are so many vets pushing the use of Rearguard?

I've noticed a lot lately that more and more vets are pushing the use of Rearguard. I'm not aware of any rescues who use it, surely if any rabbits were to be at risk it would be those in rescue who may be recovering from ops/ poor treatment and who are generally in close proximity to other...
  7. R

kidney failure/ UD liver problems instead

I have a rabbit that has bouts of being skinny. She isn't a chunky rabbit by nature but from time to time she drops weight but seems to put it back on given time. The vet suggested she could have kidney problems given the weight problems but didn't think anything vould be done. Bit more...
  8. R

Small furries Education event - Cambridgeshire 26th October

Over the past few years there have been a few Pet Initiative days run by NERS with the aim to provide the public with advice on good standards of rat care, but now the time has come to become independent and begin the expansion to cover more species, hence the PI has become the NPI! The newly...
  9. R

Pampas Grass

Got some pampas grass in our new garden I'm just about to dig up. Anyone know if the grassy bit is bunny edible?
  10. R

Recommend me an aviary company

Later this year I'm looking at purchasing a shed and aviary. I have the shed sorted (either a local company or Garden buildings direct) but I'm struggling with finding a suitable aviary. We have a known fox problem where I've just moved to so am looking for a company to build an aviary with...
  11. R

Rabbit waste disposal

Hoping someone can come up with a suggestion for me regarding disposal of rabbit (and pet rat) waste. Currently where we live our concil is happy to take our animal waste in our green bin so we fill that up and then use the black bin when it's full (would have asked for another green bin if we...
  12. R

Homebase

That's good because they had horrible hutches and most of the supplies weren't very good either.
  13. R

Starlights contact details

14. R

Recommend me a good bunny care book

I'd like to buy a book or two about rabbit care for my mum's school library. Can anyone recommend a good factual book for primary school children?
  15. R

How much for hutches?

Just got an email from an online pet supplies place and there was a hutch that was appozimately 3ft x3ft with and under run of the same size. Couldn't believe it. It was £249!!! I only paid £350 for my 10ft x4ft kennel. they also had the same hutch but without the run for £219. Where an...
  16. R

Useless vets

This is going to be a right moan but I'm sick of vets having zilch training in small furries. My normal vet is really good with buns so I have no issue with her. I have rats too and she freely admits she doesn't know a lot about them but is willing to learn and she goes away and researches...
  17. R

Dog kennel in Notts

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dog-Kennel-/180680882651?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item2a116b79db . I think it would need an extra run attached for buns to get some outdoor time but I think it would be great for larger groups :wave:
  18. R

Why do I look at Freecycle?

Yesterday someone was advertising 2 11 week old rabbits and didn't know the sex. Instructions were "make sure you have a suitable box to put them in on collection" :shock:. Today there were another 2 11 week old rabbits again with the owner not having a clue about the sex shortly followed by...
  19. R

Vets not recommending VHD vacs

I called a local vet practice yesterday as I am considering my options because my current vet is a chain and seems to employ vets who are inexperienced. I called one that was recommended to me by a very experienced guinea pig owner and I was shocked at what the nurse/receptionist had to say. I...
  20. R

Worming. Any thoughts.

I am still undecided about worming and don't plan to give another 9 day course of Panacur until I have made my mind up. I can see the point of view of the immunity to Fenbendazole if used too frequently and this concerns me which is why I have been putting it off for months as I don't want to...
Back