• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. U

Oldest French Lop?

Any idea what the oldest age a French lop has been? Jemima is 5 years old, going back 10 years ago it was said they only live up to 4 years
  2. U

AMAZING improvement in Jemima!

As you may have read Jemima had a lot of work done on Monday, including lump removal, ear flush, and x ray which showed she has severe arthritis in her toes! So, her hearing is amazing! She has been so nervous because she can hear so clearly now. We assumed she was going deaf :shock: Now she...
  3. U

Rabbit training (for exercise and stimulation for lazy/bored rabbit)

Hello, I have seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5jCLdKAlsk following on from the video that Jane posted about sore hocks. What I want to know is, where to buy the jump from and the stick with a ball on the end? Also has anyone successfully trained their rabbit? Thanks x
  4. U

Single bunnies possible?

Do people keep single bunnies? Since Leo passing on Monday I can't see us getting another bunny. I would NEVER want to replace him. Jemima is now single, she doesn't appear phased, she never did give him much love in his last year I do not want to rehome her, and I do not want to bring...
  5. U

Jemima has a lump on her skin - UD she's had surgery to remove it/ UUD Shes home p2!

Jemima my French lop is 5 years old, about the right weight for her size 4.5kg and appears healthy I noticed a lump about a month ago. Thinking it was matted hair due to her extremely heavy moult, I thought nothing of it, until I find it again when she has nice short fur post mault. She has...
  6. U

Putting a rabbit to sleep or letting them die naturally?

Please can someone talk me through the process of putting a rabbit to sleep, whether it is painful, and what to expect and how to make it as peaceful as possible? When and how do you decide which is better to let them die naturally or to have them PTS? It is something I have never had to think...
  7. U

update on Leo advise please UD he's gone

Update: he went peacefully that is all I can say right now http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/editpost.php?p=6341957&do=editpost He improved so much once the effects of the steroids kicked in... Eating drinking hopping around sitting niceley and purring This gave me false hope Now he is worse...
  8. U

Update on Leo page4 PTS or keep going? UD he's gone

Update: he went peacefully that is all I can say right now My rabbit has these episodes with head tilting right back onto his back and mouth breathing and panting. During winter he did much better. He is in a bad way now, and I don't think he will survive the trip to the vets. He has seen a...
  9. U

Good Rabbit Training Books - anyone read this book / recommendations / motivating bun

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Five-your-rabbit-training/dp/9081771329/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400512447&sr=8-1&keywords=high+five+rabbit High five your rabbit training I really don't think my french lop would enjoy any training at all she is so lazy she will only run for food in morning and...
  10. U

Hoppy Hour in America where people bring their bunnies to play together?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKCtyvGYwKg I thought rabbits were territorial even if neutered and so wouldnt like a strange place or mixing with unknown rabbits. Plus if they did bond, aren't they breaking the bond at the end of the hour? *confused*
  11. U

Best place to buy 4 foot hutch for use as house bunny bed/hide hole....

.... without encouraging the sale of tiny hutches!? would take the wire mesh door off/leave open constantly. Needs to be ground level for disabled bun to hop in and out of easily. To be used as a bolt hole/hidey safe house/bed - will be full of hay and fleece floor Any ideas?
  12. U

Mowed Grass Question - Advice?

I know that it is not good to feed buns mowed grass My problem is my bunnies cannot eat the grass quick enough but they LOVE hand fulls plucked from it. Could I use a push mower and collect it up to feed them...
  13. U

Respiration difficulties - "attacks" similar to asthma or allergic reaction

Pretty sure it is hay fever related as when he goes outside or I bring in fresh grass he has respiration difficulties whereby he tilts his head vertically and opens his mouth and pants rapidly. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He does NOT have the following: Heart...
  14. U

Bunny Boarding

>.<
  15. U

Anyone bought a hutch from Garden Woodcraft? UD Question on wood treatment p9

I have ordered this http://www.gardenwoodcraft.co.uk/rabbit_hutches/rabbit_hutch_english_giant_hutch_double_winterised.htm After finding the link in a previous thread asking about an outdoor mansion They are asking for an additional £35 to pressure treat the wood so it lasts up to 10 years...
  16. U

vertical head tilt UD P43 Emphysema

HE has been on a course of metacam, baytril and depocillin injections for 3 weeks. Nothing abnormal on x rays done of whole body Nothing can be heard using stethascope He has been wormed for 28days Vet says nothing more can be done it must be neurological head tilting from EC Vet says she...
  17. U

Depicillin injection help

I've been doing injections for a week now, however when I did it tonight he was VERY fidgety and when I removed the needle the medicine came out in a big bubble and then blood (only a little) Has this gone in or should I re try in a couple of hours? Usually no blood and no medicine comes out
  18. U

Anyone used / seen this? (Verm-X Herbal Nuggets) ???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERM-X-HERBAL-NUGGETS-FOR-RABBITS-natural-guinea-pig-hamster-wormer-pro-biotic-/271164373186?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&var=&hash=item3f22a7f8c2 I have already wormed mine using lapizole
  19. U

Runaround picture request

I'd love to see photos of peoples runaround set ups or adapted runaround set ups www.runaround.co.uk :wave: They are expensive (£315 minimum runaround "package") I have a 6foot by 4 foot fold away wooden run, but its too small, so currently they have supervised garden time. They are house...
  20. U

Feeling very pleased with myself

Managed to give Leo his penicillin (depicillin or similar name can't remember) injection just now with no trouble whatsoever. Big improvement since last week when I first tried, it transpired that the needle was blocked! I jabbed him about 10 times trying to inject, and the second needle I did...
Back