• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. cakey face

wasp nest in hutch and bunny has given birth !

Hi im very worried...my foster bun gave birth overnight and shes covered them nicely with her fur. However ive gone out there this evening to discover the start of a wasps nest right above the nest on the roof of the hutch. Not sure what to do. Can the babies and bunny get stung? I cant call the...
  2. cakey face

Thoughts about fostering buns and piggies

Ive been thinking of doing this for some time now. Either for the RSPCA or a local rescue. Im a bit of a softee though so perhaps i may be too emotional when the buns get rehomed however ive always wanted to do it as im sure it would be very rewarding. How do others find it? And how would i go...
  3. cakey face

Malting tidemarks?

Mine get the vampire look eyebrows too !:lol:
  4. cakey face

Rukia My Golden Boy

I love him :love:. Love the pic in London :p In my daughters words "mum hes so adorable"
  5. cakey face

Bunnies can enjoy the company of children?

I know i must put pics up...when ive worked out how too :oops: x
  6. cakey face

Bunnies can enjoy the company of children?

My daughter was laying on the kitchen floor and in hopped my Flemish bunny (not neutred at this point) and pounced on my daughter and started hmm hmm :oops: Her father came home minutes later and she said "dad, Peter wants to be in love with me! And his winky looks like a worm" :oops: Hes...
  7. cakey face

Bonding and biting

Thanks for the replies. Yes the area is neutral and they were both neutred over 6 months ago. Im really puzzled why hes acting this way. He doesnt even do the normal stuff like chase or sniff first. He right on there with a lunge.
  8. cakey face

Bonding and biting

Hi havent posted for a while :wave: I have bonded rabbits in the past with no probs but my big bunny is a whole different story. Peter Rabbit is a FLemish so he is huge. He has been neutred yet is very terrotorial. My only other rabbit i can bond him with is a mini lop. So the size is causing an...
  9. cakey face

bonding giants with mini's ?

Awww how cute. Thanks for posting thats really informative ! When they've shacked up in his shed I will send pics. Hes got everything he needs in there except a plasma screen and a wife!
  10. cakey face

bonding giants with mini's ?

Do apologise if this sounds like a stupid question but ive heard conflicting advice. Is it safe to bond a giant rabbit with a mini lop? I have a mini lop pure breed so typically small and a flemish Giant but he hasnt reached full size yet. I have bonded rabbits in the past so I would know if...
  11. cakey face

runaround for Giants

Hi there I really like the look of the run around system. Has anyone used these with larger rabbits. My rabbit Peter is a flemish giant but hes not actually that big. I dont think hes reached full size yet. Just thinking if hed get his bum and ears stuck in the tube!! Thanks Emma
  12. cakey face

Meg finds her man!.....pics

After turning down 2 candidates for her husbun post. Meg has settled with Doodle. How could she resist him ? .After a very speedy bonding session she loves him and he loves her... :love::love: HOORAY ! I love a happy ending ! :lol: Although she does get humped when i am dishing out the grub :roll:
  13. cakey face

P@H hutch Query...

Yes i think it has the same measurements as the old thistle hall. They must be going back to their old hutch designs as the ones theyve recently been selling are of cheap quality. It looks quite strong. I was thinking of getting one for my guinea pigs. They also sell a run for this hutch Emma
  14. cakey face

Run Covers

IKEA clear plastic curtains are brill. Only 79p :) and they work well as they are quite stiff. You can use Clamps from B&Q to secure them to hutch and run. Ive had hutch covers in the past and shower curtains are working out more practical and definitely cheaper :) Emma
  15. cakey face

Hutches im considering..

Is 20 inches high enough for a medium sized bunny. Perhaps it isnt as megs got BIG EARS. I didnt think of that :shock:
  16. cakey face

Hutches im considering..

They are still in the process of bonding i would say. If i do get this hutch then i may have to close the run off for the first few days just so they can still be close to eachother. In fact i prob will get this hutch and at some point extend the run. Many thanx Emma
  17. cakey face

bondin not goin so gud

Hi , :wave:I think that sounds pretty normal. My bun meg prob would have run out of the pen given half the chance but a few days later and they are snuggling up. I would try again. Chasing is fine and i think you only need to seperate them if they are fighting. Perhaps someone with a bit more...
  18. cakey face

Can anyone recommend a suitable hutch

Yes i have one not too far away. I could contact them on monday. Do they have run attatched ? Thankyou !
  19. cakey face

my new bunny *new pics*

Aaaawww , i love him:love:. Please get better very soon gorgeous bun !
  20. cakey face

Thanks RU and Chloe!!!!

Sorry i meant loppy :oops:
Back