• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. O

Rabbit nesting - we have babies!

We have a female rabbit who currently appears to be nesting, moving hay around in her mouth, pulling her fur out and bunching it all together. How long does this "nesting" go on for before babies are born? She is indoors with plenty of hay, so is warm, dry and appears quite settled. Any...
  2. O

Mink a Threat to Rabbits?

We have 24 house rabbits who also make use of the garden primarily in runs through the day in better weather. Today very close to where we live, my husband saw a mink. He is pretty clued up on identifying different species so I have no reason to doubt him. How much of a threat are mink to...
  3. O

Sudden death

Tattianna one of our lovely little girl buns has gone to The Bridge. Tatty was under 3 we believe, she came to live with us along with her 'sister' Tallulah (Tally) two and a half years ago. They have always been inseparable and as house buns lived mainly in our daughter's bedroom. As the girls...
  4. O

Dentals... Do you...

Bunby (aka Hudol - Magic / Magical in Welsh) is a dental bun. It turns out he has a deformed mouth and spurs to boot! Anyway, he has had about three dentals now (going for the fourth tonight). I can tell now when he is coming up to needing one but what do the rest of RUers do? Do you have a...
  5. O

Dribbling rabbit

I know I shouldn't look :cry: but.... a bun in the adoption part of P@H has been there a while with a note to say he needed special care. I have really tried to avoid going there and thought after our holiday he would surely be re-homed so trotted in to buy cat litter having to go past the...
  6. O

Food Help Following Dental Please

Our small mini rex Hudol (aka Bunby) had a dental yesterday. He stopped eating Saturday afternoon and after being advised to give him metroclomide, ranitidine and metacam as directed by the vet on the phone on Saturday evening, as he still wasn't eating we took him to the vet yesterday...
  7. O

Grrr THAT 'Rescue' I rescued the 7 buns from are taking in more rabbits!

Some of you may remember that I rescued 7 rabbits from a 'rescue' before Christmas and 4 out of the 7 needed immediate vet treatment, two were pregnant and one later died. Well, the rescue who admitted to me at the time that they were 'not set up for rabbits' are taking more in and are asking...
  8. O

Buttercup has gone update P32 PM results

I am absolutely devastated, our beautiful girl Buttercup left for The Bridge yesterday afternoon. She was fine one minute and gone the next. She was recovering after having a massive operation on her front paw and was doing so well. Only two days before the vet rang to say that the lump and bone...
  9. O

Ouch! Buttercup nipped my boob!!

:oops::oops: Buttercup needed medication earlier so being impatient I went ahead medicating her instead of waiting for any help - her response was to nip at my boob and I only have my night shirt on as I'm ready for bed - ouch :oops: What nips have you had from your buns? BTW Buttercup can be...
  10. O

Big day tomorrow for some of the buns - butterflies already!

Tomorrow 4 of the original 7 rescue buns are going to the vet to be spayed / neutered. Three girls are going - Seren, Halo and Holly and one boy Pringle. Crystal was also booked in too for a check up but didn't make it, I still can't believe she's gone :cry::cry: That leaves Mole who is still...
  11. O

Crystal the rescued rescue bun.

Crystal, I wish there was a way to tell you this and know you understood. The first day I saw you in that horrible rescue I knew I had to get you out - you asked for my help when I picked you up and you hid your head under my chin and leaned your thin little body into mine. I remember looking...
  12. O

At What Age...

With regards to the 7 baby buns who are five weeks and two days old already :shock: At what age should they be separated male and female? At what age should they be vaccinated? At what age can they be neutered / spayed? We are keeping all of them so fortunately there's no question of what...
  13. O

Remember the 7 rescue buns - now 6 UPDATE PM RESULTS POST 21

I have been putting this off all evening, I'm frightened I'll rant. Remember the 7 buns that were rescued from a 'rescue', one bun then went on to have 7 babies and another bun had a stillborn baby. Well today we lost one of those special buns. Crystal was the little girl bun who was in a pen...
  14. O

A long bunny pregnancy - sad update Post 6

The seven buns I rescued from a 'rescue' have multiplied into 14 - one of the little girls Angel gave birth last Friday so we have a nest full of babies. Up until last Friday Angel had been sharing a cage with her sister Crystal but we took her sister out when Angel started nesting. A few...
  15. O

Just rescued 7 rabbits - update 28 Jan p42

As the title says really, just rescued 7 rabbits and have another coming in tomorrow. I already have 10 house buns of my own so space is very tight with limited opportunities for out time. The weather is so wet here so they can't go outside. My buns are being confined to our bedrooms as we...
  16. O

Can't Sleep... taking 7 buns to the vet later today - 1 for neutering

Big day for our little bun Hudol, he's being neutered today :shock: 6 others are going for their vaccinations too. Fortunately these 7 travel well, three pairs and a single (the baby) and it is a long day as it is an hour and a half each way plus the wait tomorrow for Hudol's op and recovery...
  17. O

Myxi - I am so frightened for my buns at present, are you?

As the title says really. So many of our lovely RU buns are coming down with myxi at present. I am so worried about my ten. Apart from keeping up to date with vaccinations, keeping them healthy so their immune system can support the vaccination and generally good care in relation to making sure...
  18. O

Dusty our lovely liitle hamster

Dusty our lovely little hamster was helped to Rainbow Bridge today after battling the last few weeks with illness - probably cancer related. Dusty and his brother Brenin came from Alice at Windwhistle Warren two years ago from the 'Ledbury petshop rescue' - I'm sure some RUers will remember...
  19. O

Help / Advice for Willow Please?

Willow is a single male house bun who we have unsuccessfully tried to bond twice since January this year. He is an agouti, neutered boy, vaccinated for myxi and VHD and was last vet checked very thoroughly by our rabbit savvy vet on the 3rd October and at that point was declared a very fit and...
  20. O

smudge what are you doing ?

:lol::lol::lol: I know what you mean - it seems like they are determined for me to have heart failure one way or the other whatever happens :lol::lol:
Back