• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Dustyrabbit

Attempts to access my account

Just looking this up as I've had the email this afternoon - been grilling my youngest son but looks like he's off the hook!
  2. Dustyrabbit

Look what my clever brother made....

That's brilliant. I love a man who can make something to solve a problem. I too think he could take this further, see if there's a market. I know in America some use a water bottle for dogs, obviously with a larger ball, so there are free standing water bottle stands. Years ago before you old...
  3. Dustyrabbit

Rabbit savvy vet - Bucks/Herts

I live just outside Watford and use medivet, Guy is still there but doesn't seem to do much consulting these days. I have heard great things about Emily at nine lives over a number of years and I have taken guinea pigs there. Andre at animalism in St. Albans has been recommended to me recently...
  4. Dustyrabbit

Py my sweetheart Dutchy

He's very handsome!
  5. Dustyrabbit

My rabbit has hay fever!

Hi and welcome. Yes definitely fresh grass or dust free hay. I'd keep away from wood shavings altogether. I'd also look for a rabbit savvy vet - what area do you live in, maybe someone can recommend one. When you say the antibiotics didn't help, is bun still sneezing and making choking noises?
  6. Dustyrabbit

Fifteen week old bunnies fighting suddenly for no reason!

I agree with a puppy pen being a great indoor home. You can protect your floor with a piece of Lino slightly larger than the pen. I made up a pen 2 panels long by one wide in our dining room for a stray we took in, pegging a sheet to the top to discourage jumping out. With the addition of hay...
  7. Dustyrabbit

Coccidiosis in living room

Definitely steam cleaning. Also my vet told me UV light kills it too so anything that can go outside on a sunny day.
  8. Dustyrabbit

Open wound advice

A baby's pram net can be useful for the front of a hutch. Oil of citronella - from the chemist - can be dotted around to repel flies, out of reach of the rabbits of course.
  9. Dustyrabbit

New Bunny... now what to call him???still no name!

Our first family bun was very similar - he was called Sweep - we rehomed him and he came with the name, given to him as a baby as his ears would sweep the floor as he went. Domino or Puzzle are nice.
  10. Dustyrabbit

How would you help a rabbit who's struggling...? UD doing really well! & lab results

Can you crush the tablet between two spoons and mix with a little something to syringe in - I used to o this with a steroid tablet for Daisy years ago.
  11. Dustyrabbit

We ditched Georges hutch

Ah the picket fence is so cute! I bet he loves his new digs.
  12. Dustyrabbit

what breed is new bun???

A dwarf lop isn't a miniature rabbit - they are a medium size, have a look at the breed profile on rabbit rehome.
  13. Dustyrabbit

How would you help a rabbit who's struggling...? UD doing really well! & lab results

You know him best and can decide what's best for him. Alongside the treatment/meds is there something you can do to support his immune system - echinacea?
  14. Dustyrabbit

Poor little mite. You are obviously doing everything you can in his best interests but I agree with the other ladies that a vet consult is needed sooner than Saturday. Thinking of you x
  15. Dustyrabbit

Small Litter Tray and Hay Rack Issue

Well it's up to you really but you just want to prevent her jumping so she doesn't pull the stitches (or rip them open!) or scrape her tummy on the edges getting in or out. I think she has to have a hay rack (my little girl has always jumped in the hay rack too!). The danger is that hay or...
  16. Dustyrabbit

Small Litter Tray and Hay Rack Issue

I'd say nothing with a high side - I used a low cardboard box and cut away two sides, thickly lined with newspaper it'll last we'll enough or can be replaced easily. Strictly no hay in the letterbox.
  17. Dustyrabbit

Insurance query re: stomach problems - can anyone help?

It was pet plan earlier this year - we had a stray rabbit we took on who had some old bite wounds so abscesses were excluded (although no abscesses developed in the year we had him). If pet plan told you something over the phone it will be recorded and you can request that they check it, I have...
  18. Dustyrabbit

Insurance query re: stomach problems - can anyone help?

One of mine had a GI problem prior to insurance, she had an exclusion for 3 months - during this time she had no further problems so te exclusion was lifted. She has subsequently had a number of GI issues all of which have been covered. If an exclusion has been made I was told that after 3...
  19. Dustyrabbit

Ear mite treatment

Great, thanks for the advice, I'll try again with the brushing and cream - I'm not keen on the heavy duty stuff either. Thanks again Jane.
  20. Dustyrabbit

Ear mite treatment

Thanks for your reply Jane. That's my thinking too - not excessive scratching and no head shaking, inner ears perfectly clean and clear. We had the same last winter, it was v cold wasn't it, and I suspected they were chapped - I used a soft brush then applied calendular cream. I am happy to...
Back