• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

trouble changing over food for small baby

Hi there, So, I recently got a baby bunny that was being fed on very low grade 'mix' food, which she is happily eating a few bits of, and leaving most of the others. I have been trying to do a gradual switch on to science selective junior which she has been completely ignoring (I have been...
  2. B

2-tier hutch for french lop?

Thanks so much for all the help :) I really appreciate it. I think I'll just aim for bunny-proofing (save myself £90 then too!)
  3. B

Hi again, Well, in theory he would only be shut in if I was out for more than a hour and a half (that seems to be the good behaviour limit in my current flat!!). Since I work from home that wouldn't be all that often, but I was planning to put his litter box etc. in there with one door open to...
  4. B

thanks for such a quick reply my difficulty is that this has to be in the room I'm sleeping in (moving back to my parents' place) and my bunny enjoys getting my attention at 5am by rattling wire crates and pens (whether he's shut inside them or not!), so I was thinking wood might be quieter...
  5. B

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice: I currently have a french lop house rabbit who sleeps in my kitchen then has the run of the flat in the day. However, I am moving somewhere where I need to have the option to shut him in a hutch/cage (still indoors) for a few hours at a...
  6. B

constant moulting - any suggestions?

hmm, he's indoors all the time - i mean in the summer he goes for walks in the garden but it's a bit chilly for that now :( I feed a bowl of supreme science selective ('aniseed and fenugreek') in the evenings, ad lib hay, and then a small amount of veg each day. I do pluck out the loose...
  7. B

constant moulting - any suggestions?

Hi there, I have an 18 month old french lop house rabbit who constantly moults - and has done for the last year probably. I'm not talking the usual loose hairs, I mean he appears to be in a permanent heavy moult. He'll start at his nose and as soon as it reaches his hindquarters he starts at...
  8. B

handling giant bunny

i have a big french lop who loves nose rubs and cuddles on the floor, or next to me on the bed, but who gets very cross/upset about being handled. He is a house rabbit and I want to be able to take him for walks in the garden as I have with my previous bunnies but i need to put his harness on...
  9. B

post neutering help

hi there, had my 6 month french lop neutered yesterday - checked the wound today and he's pulled out all the glue so there is just an open incision on each side (no scab formed or anything). I'll take him back to the vet in the morning, but wondering if anyone has any suggestions other than...
  10. B

neutering q

hi there, I have a 5 month old French lop male and I'm going to get him neutered - however, I'm out of cash atm so is it bad to wait another couple of months? The breeder told me that if they are not neutered they don't grow so large - does anyone know if this is the case? Thanks
  11. B

recommended feed for young rabbit

thanks i'll wait for more replies - yeah i think you are right with veg - i was trying to keep his diet as close as possible to what he was having before he came here - but haven't given him any or any grass (house rabbit!) for a while either
  12. B

not all that much as I've been trying to encourage him to eat hay instead - the pack recommends 80g a day for growing rabbits - i have been giving him something closer to 50g but he was underweight when I got him and he has so much growing to do that i'm worried about underfeeding him. He was...
  13. B

Hi, I have a 13 week french lop who I have been feeding Burgess supa rabbit excel junior and dwarf. He loves it but it seems to be giving him an upset tummy. Any recommendations for a good one to switch to? thanks
  14. B

out of ideas with fierce bunny

my 8 month old house bunny is still being super aggressive. I have tried everything i can think of - she has been spayed for 3 or 4 months now, she has a bunny friend who she loves, if I sit on the floor she will come over and have nose strokes and lie down next to me. BUT she chases me and...
  15. B

having hard time bonding

hi, he might be feeling a bit overwhelmed at such a big unfamiliar space. Can you partition a bit off for him for a week or so -half a room or something? Once he feels used to that space and feels comfortable there you could gradually make it bigger until he has the run of the place
  16. B

litter types

hey, i have 2 house bunnies. I was using wood based cat litter in the litter boxes, but one of my rabbits won't go in it much - i'm guessing because he didn't like the bumpy feel under his feet. So i have changed to carefresh as I heard so much good stuff about it. My bunnies love it, but it...
  17. B

fierce bunny!

Hi, you guys have been so great at answering my questions, so thankyou - I have another one here that I'm hoping you can help out with. My female bunny is scarily fierce!! I am having her spayed in a couple of weeks, but I also want her to feel secure and so on in her home in the mean time...
  18. B

hurt leg

ok - thanks for the advice - will go off to the vets first thing...
  19. B

hurt leg

hi, hoping you can help - i have a very nervous frightened house bunny who has hurt his back leg (not sure how, but maybe playing rough with my other bunny). He was limping slightly over the last couple of days, but today he is hardly putting any weight on it at all. Of course I am thinking I...
  20. B

baby rabbit being v fierce

hey, hoping you can help me - have a female dwarf lop - 4 months old and have had her about 5 weeks. She is a lone bunny at the moment but I am home all day with her. She has a cage in the kitchen and then runs around the kitchen in the day time (she will later have the run of the whole flat...
Back