• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Snowberry

Might have to say goodbye to Strawberry tomorrow

Went to put Strawbs away tonight and his eye was hideously swollen. His third eyelid is huge and bright red and his eyeball bulging. Ran him to the emergency vets who said it looks like an eye injury, has jabbed him with pain relief and anti-inflammatories and given him some eye cream. We have...
  2. Snowberry

Paint incident!

First post in ages but I need advice from wise RU! Mr B has jumped in a paint tray that got left out overnight. He has then kindly left me footprints all over my kitchen! We have washed the rest of the paint off his paws but he has probably licked some off himself overnight. He seems fine...
  3. Snowberry

Found a bunny!- Reunited!!!

Christmas eve there was an email on our village news group to say there was a domestic bunny loose on the village playground. It had been there all day and so when we passed at 4pm and it was still there I managed to catch it. He/she is very friendly and is fairly big! It has been living in my...
  4. Snowberry

Baytril question

Mr B has been given some Baytril and the vet said to syringe him 0.6mls. However the label on the bottle says dilute the contents of the bottle (5ml) in 1 litre of water and use the solution as the only drinking water available for 5 days! I have never given Baytril in this way before! What...
  5. Snowberry

Sneezing

Mr B has starting having sneezing fits over the last few days. He is fine in himself and eating well. He has no discharge and his nose seems fine- he just keeps sneezing! Could he have snuffles with no discharge? I will take him to vets on Monday but would like to have an idea of what it might be.
  6. Snowberry

Look what my clever cousin drew me

It's Strawberry!
  7. Snowberry

New run is built.

Stent yesterday getting Strawbs accommodation sorted. Still got the inside to do but am doing that while he is off bonding. He has a 4ft Wendy house, an 8ft run and a 6ft Wendy house all joined together! He currently doesn't have access to the 6ft house as I want it to be neutral when he comes...
  8. Snowberry

Bunnies must eat their hays

Hays is good for us bunnehs. We should eats it all ups. Make sure your hoomins keeps your hay box filled up Here is me with my hay box- i finds it tastes better if you drag it from under the lid though- don't know what the silly holes on the front are for. Pick the piece you wants...
  9. Snowberry

How to get treats from hoomins

Spot them from across the lawns Get to them as quickly as possible... runnings is best. Have a sniffs at what's on offer Get really close and personals with them And if they doesn't work... give them a quick head butt. That always does the trick.
  10. Snowberry

Tummy vibes for Mr B please

Mr B has got horrid sticky poo and is off his tea tonight. He has episodes like this every few months and we can never work out what causes it. He has eaten fine all day but is now hiding in his litter tray feeling sorry for himself. He has had some medicine and his bum cleaned and so I am...
  11. Snowberry

Strawb's new run

is here!!! Currently taking up all the space in the kitchen until hubbie gets home and moves it outside. Won't be built until Easter when Strawbs goes to Honeybunnies to be bonded as I don't want him to scent mark it so will have to be stored down the side of the house. Its 4ft x 8ft x 3ft...
  12. Snowberry

I thought Strawbs was meant to be clever

Yet he is sat out in the pouring rain and wind looking thoroughly fed up!
  13. Snowberry

Should baytril be given once or twice a day?

My vet had prescribed 2.4ml of Baytril once a day for Strawbs however I have read online it should be half of this twice a day. Should I split the dose? I would prefer to as it's hard work getting 2.4ml in him at once as he spits it back out!
  14. Snowberry

I am not going to be a popular bunny mummy!

Tesco delivery just arrived and instead of ordering 1 bag of carrots I have only ordered 1 carrot! Best behaved bunny this afternoon gets it and given that Strawbs has already dug a new warren in the garden and drank the milky water as it went out into the drain from the kitchen sink it is not...
  15. Snowberry

Can I mix Baytril with something?

Strawbs will take Metacam straight from the syringe if I poke it through the bars of his run but he doesn't like the taste of Baytril. To avoid the chase, catching and then stressful forcing it into his mouth can I mix it with a dash of pineapple juice which he loves?
  16. Snowberry

Weight of a lionhead

Strawbs has always been a chunk of a bun and we managed to weigh him today- he is 3.5kg!!! Snowdrop was always bigger than Strawbs but she was only 2.3kg. I was worried he is over weight but the vet says he feels fine, he is just solid! Anyone else have a lionhead that weighs similar? I...
  17. Snowberry

Horrible vet visit

Just been to take bunnies for their vaccines. Strawbs doesn't particularly like it but is usually fine, Mr B usually goes into panic mode and tried to leg it as soon as the carrier is open. Strawbs started stamping his feet in the waiting room and was not very impressed. I put his carrier onto...
  18. Snowberry

IKEA- any recommendations?

I am heading to Ikea this afternoon and want to look for some bits for the bunnies. I m refitting the sheds so need plenty of bits are our DIY skills our dreadful so have to use tables to make levelsrather than build anything! Anyone got any recommendations of good bunny stuff from IKEA?
  19. Snowberry

Which size run?

Do I need a 2ft or 3ft tall run? Strawbs is a fairly small bun and currently has 2ft but I am wondering if I should get a 3ft incase his new girlfriend is a larger lady and so that he can have more toys etc in there that he could climb on? I like to be able to climb in to clean out. Its £99...
  20. Snowberry

Accommodation inspiration needed

We currently have a 4x4 Wendy house and a 6x4 house with an 8ft run in between which was split to allow Strawbs and Snow to live as singles. We are going to try and get a lady friend for Strawberry and give him the whole set up. We have ordered a new run in the same size as our old one isn't...
Back