• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. happypreso

do you worm your rabbit?

I went to the vet today with 2 out of 4 rabbits for their VHD injection. Both rabbits are well and healthy (as are my other two as they were checked over 2 wks ago whilst having their mixi jab). Anyway, it was a different vet today, and he said that it is an idea to worm all 4 rabbits. Is...
  2. happypreso

would you say/do anything?

Last summertime my neighbour found a rabbit wandering around outside our house. She managed to catch it and asked me to look after it, as she knew I had rabbits. I did have a spare run and gave the rabbit some food & water, the rabbit seemed fine in itself, wasn't skinny and looked healthy...
  3. happypreso

just wanted to say thanks to you people

I didn't really know what I was letting myself in for when I bought my two rabbits, I now have four all living together (in a shed/free range of the garden) and just wanted to say thanks for all the advice I have been given over the time I have been here. All 4 bunnies went to the vet today...
  4. happypreso

should I get this checked out?

I have a group of 4, two of them had eye problems as a baby and are now both partly blind in one eye. One of the rabbits is more effected than the other (can not see much we think). Anyway, I noticed yesterday that the worse slighted rabbit had some 'gunk' in her eye. The eye is still open...
  5. happypreso

My 'diet' post a while ago (no veg) .... (update)

Just to say that I am working on cutting down the pellets and increasing the veg and so far all is good! My bunny that used to get the runny poo's seems to be fine - they have all had ... kale, watercress, greens, spring greens & brocolli on top of the normal hay & herbs and not one runny poo...
  6. happypreso

Next to no veg okay?

I am just checking that this is okay for my bunnies diet. I have 4 rabbits that all live together so it is hard to 'seperate' the food but 1 of the rabbits gets really runny poo's if they have to much veg. So their diet is hay - (always there in their shed and lots of different sorts to...
  7. happypreso

change of fur colour?

I have noticed that my two 'babies' have changed fur colours/markings .... would this be an ongoing thing or likely to stop at some point? (they are 7 months old). Holly has gained spots and markings as she has become older and Angel was black (well light black/grey) and white and the black...
  8. happypreso

some people do listen :o)

I belong to another forum (nothing to do with rabbits) and there was a lady on there saying that she was going to a breeder to buy two rabbits and what was best - male/female, two males etc. I wrote a long reply advising about cost, the fact they are not ideal pets for children (she had a...
  9. happypreso

those gnaw stones ... how long should they last?

I bought a couple from simply k9 and put them in the shed. There was 2 stones and 4 rabbits and within a couple of hours, I couldn't find either stone! I have found the wire bit they hand up with so I am assume the bunnies have eaten them? Is that normal? I have bought them in the past and...
  10. happypreso

do you ever think that life is 'just perfect' sometimes?

I look at my four bunnies now and think how lucky and lovely they are :love:. All 4 have a lovely shed to live in, they have each other (and get on well), they have health (touch wood), free range of the garden for all day and evening, food, hay & water .... what more could any rabbit want? I...
  11. happypreso

Simon from Simply K9 - are you here?

I have a problem with my order and I haven't had any response from my emails - can someone please contact me asap? I am running out of stuff x Thanks Wendy wpresland@gmail.com
  12. happypreso

two QQ's please!

QQ1) do bunnies get hip cups? and QQ2) now all 4 bunnies are together, how do I tell if all four are eating/pooing etc okay? I mean how do you tell apart from watching them 24/7? Thanks!
  13. happypreso

Bonding my four together ... pictures - post #19

Decided to take the plunge and bond my four together today. All is going well, here is a photo! http://s396.photobucket.com/albums/pp47/happypreso/?action=view&current=SNV39340.jpg Edit: Update 21.47 what shall I do? Bugsy (the dad) is being a right meany towards the other bunnies inc Star...
  14. happypreso

ramp or no ramp?

Hubby is putting the finishing touches to the 'adapted' shed. We have a bike shed which will have a small perm run attached so the buns are safe at night, then they will all have free range in the garden all day/evening. Anyway, inside the shed hubby has put in a little shelf so they have...
  15. happypreso

How much pellets?

how much should an 'average sized bun' be fed in pellets, per day? thanks!
  16. happypreso

Holly & Angel are back together

Holly & Angel are my two partial sighted buns, one male, one female and they have been seperate for a while so that we dont have any babies. They have now both been neutured and yesterday I put them back together. I think (esp Angel) was really pleased to have some company. There was a little...
  17. happypreso

Can I share a couple of pictures pls?

The first one if of star all relaxed - shame you can see the bars of the run but still a great sight! http://s396.photobucket.com/albums/pp47/happypreso/?action=view&current=SNV39193.jpg The scond picture is Holly and the amount of paper shredding she has been doing. The hutch was cleaned out...
  18. happypreso

shredding paper = boredom?

is that right? Holly was spayed on Thursday (4th June) and has been in her hutch since then. Today when I was checking up on her she has shreded all the newspaper in the hutch! Am I right in thinking she is bored? If so, what more can I do for her as I was told to 'rest' her and keep her in...
  19. happypreso

would rabbits 'swap' partners?

This is my current situtation. I have one pair of rabbits, male & female, been together from the start (brother & sister) and although they have been seperated at various times, due to op's and babies, they are now back together and quite happy (the rebonding was no problem, it was like they...
  20. happypreso

Spay yesterday, runny poo today - is that an issue?

Hi Holly was spayed yesterday, she seems to be recovering fine, she is eating (not huge amounts but more than Star did at this point) but I have just given her some fresh water and more food and there is a patch of runny poo - is this an issue? (there are some 'normal' poos too). I have to take...
Back