• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Michelleox

Spayed Bunny Aggression?

Hi all, Haven't been on here in a while but wondering if anyone has come across this: A local rescue has been tasked with putting to spayed females together by the owner. The owner, who is extremely experienced and is amazing with bunnies agreed to have a go. She has a few bonded females...
  2. Michelleox

Introducing a puppy

Hi everyone, Haven't been able to come on much due to starting a new job (still on best behaviour!). We have also just bought a puppy. he's 12 weeks old and fairly sensible at the moment(!). I'd like some advice or tips on how to introduce him to the buns. Their hutch is at the end of the...
  3. Michelleox

Slight Teary Eye

Just wondered if anyone had any advice or thoughts... I noticed on Saturday morning my bun Ollie had a a very, very slight wetness in the corner of his eye. It was if he just had one tear trickle a little way down. It was clear so not yellow or custing or anything and he seemed totally normal...
  4. Michelleox

The Snow is MINE!

Just put my two in the big run to see what they made of the snow. They were both binkying and exploring, then Ollie discovered that he can dig the snow! From then on Amber was not allowed anywhere near 'his' patch of the snow in the top part of the run. He kept chasing her away from it...
  5. Michelleox

Are you SURE they know...

...where the heat is????? Ollie is just sat in the run, in his usual spot, like he is all day every day. It's freezing out there. He seems fine, he just loves being out, bless him. He'll be down there until i shoo him n for dinnertime! Amber is up in the hutch in the warm, they do say girls are...
  6. Michelleox

Pet Express

I was visiting Hatings the other weekend and came accross this store. They did have (small) pens that were obviously meant for 'stock' :( but didn't have any in them. They had a suprising amount of bunny things in there, all the Natural range, Fenugreek crunchies, dried herbs, all sorts of toys...
  7. Michelleox

Cheek Teeth Or Something Else?

Can i have your thoughts please? A few days ago mum noticed one of her buns wasn't eating, just suddenly stopped and no poos. We thought the obvious thing was teeth so he went off to the vets. Her vet had a good check of teeth and couldnt see anthing but didnt rule out cheek teeth and said he...
  8. Michelleox

My P@H Good Deed

...for the day. I thought i'd go an have a look round my local branch as i haven't been in there for a very long time. Lots of bunnies in there :roll: Anyway, there was a mum and three young children who want two bunnes as they had heard they are better off in pairs. They were eyeing up two...
  9. Michelleox

Do Your Buns Miss You?

... when you are away? My two furry monsters are 'on holiday' at my mums at the moment, due to my OH being in hospital and me travelling to London to see him. I miss them loads but i know they are being very well looked after and spoilt :roll: I really doubt they miss me :( They know where...
  10. Michelleox

Pet Plan Renewal

Just got my renewal through. They want £75 excess for Amber (who is four) and £90 excess for Ollie (who is 5.5ish) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Just thought i'd share. I'll still renew but again - :shock:
  11. Michelleox

Different Types of GA

Just wondered what peoples opinion of the two types of anesthetic - the line in the ear and the gas. Which does your vets use?
  12. Michelleox

Just reading Hop To It...

...from the RWAF. What a great little book :thumb: But i am going to ask an incredibly thick question: it refers to VHD as RHD, am i missing something or have i been hibernating at some stage? :oops:
  13. Michelleox

Lighthearted Thread-Housebuns

Just trying to tell the OH how nice it would be to have a housebun...he needs some convincing. Can you help? (don't mention the words chew, eat, remote control, or wires!!) ;) :):lol:
  14. Michelleox

Grumpiness in the morning?

Just wondering if anyone elses bun does this and why they do it. I shut my two up onto one level at night and in the morning when I go to open the hatch, Ollie will wait patiently for it to open but Amber will come tearing out of the night part (at the opposite end) at the speed of light to...
  15. Michelleox

Language Of Lagomorphs

I expect most people on here have read this but some may not have seen it. Maybe i've occasionally got too much time on my hands but i've read this lots of times and i still find it rather funny and helpful. http://language.rabbitspeak.com Only thing is, i seem to identify mostly with the...
  16. Michelleox

Thieving Bunny Stories

Just following on from a few comments on various threads today and of old, can we share stories of buns stealing things, especially food. I always find these really funny. Unfortunately i have outside buns so dont really half inch many things, except the dustpan and brush at cleaning times!
  17. Michelleox

Ugh! That time of year again....

Fireworks in the shops :( I'm already thinking of my plans for the buns....
  18. Michelleox

Your favourite Bunny Noise

Just thought it would be nice to hear everyone's favourite noise that either their buns 'make' or they associate with their buns. I don't think there is anything better than hearing them eating and enjoying their pellets (especially if they have recentlyhad a dental!) :love:
  19. Michelleox

Combined Vaccine Question

Sorry if it’s been covered before but me and my vet were chatting about the new combined vaccine and she showed me the leaflet that comes with it and it said something about it not being given to buns that have had the single jabs of Myxi/VHD previously. I SWEAR that it was it said. My mum...
  20. Michelleox

Travel Carrier Question

What does everyone use on the bottom of their travel carrier to prevent bunnies sliding about? I had a great bit of cardboard with ridges but i've had to throw it out recently. Just wondered what ideas people had :)
Back