• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. hilary

Housing help

I've just adopted an 8yr old indoor rabbit from adoption centre at local.pet shop. This wee rabbit had for out 5yrs ago and my hubby found it in his work car park and brought it home. 4days we rapped on doors and finally located owners who were older. We had pics of her to show pet shop. Anyway...
  2. hilary

It's been a while

Hi it's been quite a few yrs since I was on here but I now have adopted a house rabbit called chocolate brownie who is 8yrs old
  3. hilary

devastated

last wed my hubby rang me to work -my 3bunnies -8mths old-scamps po and smokey were listless. po and smokey couldnt really stand up. he spent 3hrs with them and they died just 10mins before i got home. :cry::cry::cry: no clues. im so gutted. binky free little ones ill miss you all sitting on my...
  4. hilary

things happen in 3s

over w/e my beloved gizmo died , now ive just had my hubby phone me to work and little Po and Scamps have died both hwere fine last night and 6am today when i woz out. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: im devastated -its just 1 loss after another. mon +tues my girls were looking after them as i woz in...
  5. hilary

gizmo

went out this am to find my beautiful dwarf lop gizmo had dies. he hadnt been unwell. he was a dental bun and loved nothing more to sit up on my knee. ill miss you:cry:
  6. hilary

pet shop disbelief

except for my 1st 2 rabbits bought at p@h well before i found this forum ive never bought animals at pet shops. my friend works in a pet shop and whether she thought she was helping as id been telling her about the 2rescues who had buns last wk and i now have 4bunnies she said to bring them to...
  7. hilary

taken for a mug!!

2 rescue buns which we took in over the past few wks have both had litters last week- 1had 2buns the other 3 but it was born outside nest and died. up to my eyes with bunnies!! both mums and buns seem to be doing well.
  8. hilary

???sore hocks help

my oh was putting rabbits in for the night and Gizmo wasnt able to jump up into hutch as well -so im sitting on bed with him now checking him over hind legs -very red at 'heels' not broken no fluid is this what is meant by sore hocks?? not of my buns ever had this.
  9. hilary

teeth help

hi ive just been doing my ususal bunny teeth check and Gizmo -the one in my pic usually has longer teeth even though loads of wood hay veg etc. few mins ago we checked him and his top teeth missing -it has been bleeding as bit of blood around fur. help as i dont kno whether to ring vet or what...
  10. hilary

ok ..so my 2girls arent girls -BABIES

hubby went out last pm to feed rabbits id been out ealrie to the 3 in shed put extra straw in -nothing. by teatime he called me to come out there were 3babies. the male we had in there is neutered -because i took him myself. so now in my bed room i have a small dog kennel -plastic which they...
  11. hilary

my dog trying to get to sleep

12. hilary

some of my buns

[] the great escape by speedy scamps smokey
  13. hilary

how to .....

really daft question but how do you all put pics of ur buns etc in the main message screen. :?
  14. hilary

Hols For Rabbits

im looking for everyones thoughts- about setting up a small animal boarding i live in NI and last yr when i was going on hols i had nobody to look after my 6rabbits -until the last moment when my sis volunteered -she has ME-and usually cant do very much. we where away 2nights . as far as i know...
  15. hilary

litter training nightmare

i would love all ur advice. thhis is my 1st attempt at training a rabbit -she was got from adoption at p@h so has to stay indoors until may. all my other buns outside rabbits. ive looked at different threads and have done what they say -she has a small space sectioned off in lounge. i clean out...
  16. hilary

do i keep bun inside or out

a few days ago we went to p@h for few things and came out with a rabbit from the adoption centre. it had been at r local animal rescue during summer then to p@h since then. honey is prone to sniffles everytime we go in we kept looking at her -after 5mths we got her . so she has been inside in...
  17. hilary

growling barking rabbit

:?i got a bun from adoption yesterday she is about 2yr old . they told us she liked being stroked but not handled. anyway this afternoon i decided to stop housework and sit with her on my knee. she fell asleep. when she woke she was like growling bark . does anybody elses rabbit do this
  18. hilary

another question??

another question -been reading a few more threads and i saw that someone had mentioned about their rabbits having open acess to run overnight- does everyone do this - i personally dont as we near fields etc and the enclosure we built (about half the garden) is not covered on top, just curious...
  19. hilary

rabbits sleeping quarters

i was reading few some of the threads - ive always just had hay for my rabbits to sleep on (they are all outside rabbits) but i see people use vet beds etc what is better. ive always been told newspaper then hay -wood chippings in other part.
  20. hilary

rabbits sleeping quarters

i was reading few some of the threads - ive always just had hay for my rabbits to sleep on (they are all outside rabbits) but i see people use vet beds etc what is better. ive always been told newspaper then hay -wood chippings in other part.
Back