• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. N

Free rabbit supplies for pick up in Fulham London

Unfortunately our rabbit was pts this morning. We have supplies of organic hay, herbs, chudleighs, clean and safe, dust free wood shavings, probiotic and criticical care etc. We also have a hardly used Trixie 150 indoor cage. We are offering these for free to anyone willing to pick up from...
  2. N

Urgent Seizures/Fits/Muscle Spasms

Thanks Yraetzi, going to spend the night next to her and take her to our vets in the morning, whose is pretty rabbit experienced. Thanks for your advice and for responding Alex
  3. N

Urgent Seizures/Fits/Muscle Spasms

Our bun Smudge had a stroke a month ago - we noticed as on half of her face started drooping and it was confirmed by our vet. She has recovered well with a strong appetite, good levels of energy and regular toilet. The only thing she'd gone off was pellets. A few weeks ago she started eating...
  4. N

Huge gert stick in my hay!

We found a used smoke grenade in ours ! Different supplier though . . .
  5. N

Runny bottom

Hello all, our 6 year old lop, Smudge, has has a bit of diarrhea. We tried her on a hay only diet for 3 days, which helped a little but didn't clear it up completely. So now we're doing a short run of Panacure. We have been to the vet with our other rabbit who had this problem more intensely -...
  6. N

Strange pee

Yes checked with Vet and they thought it was nothing to worry about - calcium. I was just double checking in case anyone else knew more. Diet is exactly as you mentioned.
  7. N

Strange pee

Hi, I've noticed that our indoor rabbit sometimes misses her litter tray and pees on the newspaper near the tray. Occasionaly it has a solid coloured white patch in the middle almost like tippex, or toothpaste. I've only ever seen it when it is dried, it's not thick or textured. Any ideas...
  8. N

Urgent urgent !!!

We are leaving for the vets in 30mins and really need some help. Sadly we have to put our beloved rabbit Binky today. We will be taking him to the vet to do this. Our question is what is the best thing to do for his bonded partner. Should we take here to the vet ? Should we put his body in the...
  9. N

Changing a new rabbit's diet

A good home delivery hay company is the Hay Experts online, they have starter taster packs. Ours love the cheap meadow hay, and love green oat hay but it gives them a bit of runs if you give too much.
  10. N

How to get an older rabbit to put on weight?

HI, one of our two house rabbits Binky, a blind (with cataracts) male mini lop, has been ill in the past with various issues, ears, teeth, econiculi virus but has always made a full recovery if a bit wonky faced. In May he had an ear infection which got better but his weight decreased from...
  11. N

My rabbit is trying to eat hay but not eating it?

Thank you this website is so helpful when you feel so powerless.
  12. N

Good Idea I'll try grass when I get home. I've just been on Galen's Garden website and they have hay pellets do you think that would be the same good as hay?
  13. N

I thought this also Thanks, for this we thought that maybe as well. If it is his teeth Binky has already had one major op on his teeth to grind the inside bit down, and I'm not sure how fair it is to put him through it again. What do you think?
  14. N

Hi Binky is an indoor, 5yr old, male, rescue, mini lop who when he was young had econoculi, and 6 months ago turned blind due to cataracts (vet said not to operate as they will grow back). He is a very happy rabbit and he enjoys running around as if he isn't blind and lying with Smudge our...
  15. N

Arthritus / cattaracts - how to lessen the effects

Binky has been living with EC for most of his life as he caught it when he was very young. Could the panacur help his eyes do you think?
  16. N

Preparing for the worst.

Thank you for the advice. That was what I was thinking, hopefully it won't be for a while. x
  17. N

Preparing for the worst.

Hi, we have a pair of rescue house rabbits who are approx 5 year old mini lops. They are very happy but Binky seems to be loosing his eyesight and having arthritus problems. We are addressing these with the vets but I just wanted to prepare myself in case anything bad happens what is the best...
  18. N

Arthritus / cattaracts - how to lessen the effects

Hi, we have an indoor couple of mini lops, and Binky the male about 5 yrs old had been diagnosed a long while ago with a bit of athritus in his spine (after an exray for a dental examination). He has seemed fine but recently his eyes have become a bit milky and the vet says these are cataracts...
  19. N

Impaction

Thanks for your advice, I really appreciate it. Smudge was just given an injection so she came back home straight away, so thankfully it wasn't an issue. She didn't pick up last night and we tried to manually feed her with a syringe. Thankfully this morning she was a lot more responsive and...
  20. N

Impaction

Hi there, our second rabbit this month has had to go to an emergency vet due to an impaction. Their diet is mainly hay, a few herby treats and a bit of carrot. Anyone got experience of this and can help us stop this happening again ? Also they will not let them stay over night together. Could...
Back