• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Vegan_Bunny

Advice on internal adhesions - treatment and prognosis.

I'm posting up for a friend so bear with me. I have had a search of this but nothing has come up, so feel free to post a link to a thread if this has already been discussed. A bit of background: My friend's rabbit recently underwent serious surgery to remove an impaction from the stomach. She...
  2. Vegan_Bunny

Fiver mystery. Elderly bun advice.

Hi guys. Long time no post. Just popped by for a bit of advice. Fiver is 13 now and has had a few mishaps lately. He's a bit doddery but generally well in himself apart from glaucoma in his eyes resulting in one of his lenses luxating. This is all managed with pain relief and he's been coping...
  3. Vegan_Bunny

Bar biting and weeing on the bed. About to strangle the rabbits!!

AAARRRG. I'm at my wit's end. I really am. The rabbits have free range in my bedroom. I have had to pen off my bed with a puppy pen so they can't get on or underneath it because they've wrecked the carpet, chewed my bed, peed on my bed, got onto my bedside table and the final straw was they've...
  4. Vegan_Bunny

Gutted for Xena. Finally some good news for my strong girl. :)

Noticed her eye was goopy (more than usual) and got some lacralube to use but it didn't help like it normally does. Last night I was sat with her giving her some cuddles and nose rubs and noticed her ears were squelching. My heart sank. I got her into the vets today and her ears were full of...
  5. Vegan_Bunny

Not good news for Xena. Chronic liver disease advice needed.

Xena went to the vets yesterday and she's lost quite a lot of weight. My vet took some bloods and I got the results today. Basically, her liver isn't working as it should. The vet wants me to try to get weight back on her. Vet has recommended trying hepatostyl (I think) and zantac to prevent...
  6. Vegan_Bunny

Disaster!

I won't provide background, if you need it ask because this is going to be long anyway. Xena and Shadowfax have fallen out big time again. I've posted in this section because I need advice on several different things. Yesterday, I put the buns in their run and whilst in there Xena and Shadowfax...
  7. Vegan_Bunny

Vac4life

Sorry if this has already been posted about but has anybody seen this promotion by Vets4Pets? Seems too good to be true! For a one off payment of £99 you get a lifetime worth of boosters and 2 free health checks, one by a vet and one by a nurse. I read through the terms and conditions and can't...
  8. Vegan_Bunny

I'm seriously going to end up losing my temper.

Ok. This will make me sound like an awful bunny mummy. I apologise...a lot of it is just me venting my frustration so just bear with me. I really am so close to kicking the rabbits or throwing them out of bedroom window. They are literally trying their hardest to **** me off, I'm convinced of...
  9. Vegan_Bunny

Wobbly Xena U/D Not so wobbly!

Hi. I just wanted some advice really. I don't expect there is much more I can do for Xena but any ideas would be very welcome. This will be long. I'm really sorry. As some may know Xena had a seizure this time last year (see this thread for info...
  10. Vegan_Bunny

The Moxxie and Freya thread *Pic heavy*

I promised you all to open a thread for these two so you could follow their progress and their adorableness! :love: I will post all their pics in this thread in the future to keep everything in one place. :) Please let me know if the size of these pics are ok or if they are too big. x New...
  11. Vegan_Bunny

Fiver appreciation thread.

:lol: Sorry but I just wanted to share some pictures of my boy. I've had him 9 years this month and I can't believe it's been so long already! He's my rock and has literally been there through some of the most difficult times of my life. He might be an ****, and has destroyed most of the few...
  12. Vegan_Bunny

Swollen lip. Is it myxi?

:( I'm having a panic. Yesterday I noticed Fiver's top lip was a tiny bit swollen. I had a good look and it seems like he's somehow rubbed the fur off his tip lip and round the side of his mouth. It just looked redder and tiny bit swollen compared to the other side. Sorry if the image is huge...
  13. Vegan_Bunny

Boarding: Am I being too picky?

My usual boarders are full so I've been ringing around the local places. All my local boarders only house rabbits in 6x2ft hutches, with no attached run but a run to go into during the day. I'm not happy with this but am I being too picky? My buns free range in my room. There's 3 of them and I...
  14. Vegan_Bunny

Moxxie pics!

Sorry I haven't posted many pics up of her. My laptop has died and I have been unable to upload and edit them. I have borrowed my Mam's laptop to upload these. :) Moxxie enjoying a rest on the beach. She loves sliding down sand dunes on her belly. :lol: Pretty girl. She's...
  15. Vegan_Bunny

Xena is wobbly. Advice re vets.

Sorry to make another thread but this is unrelated to my other and thought it best to post in the right section. I apologise for the long post but background is needed. I've just gone to feed the bunnies and I noticed Xena was "off". She is eating and hopping about but there was definitely...
  16. Vegan_Bunny

I can't believe it. My trio's bond is broken u\d Shadowfax isn't eating. :(

What is going on!? :'( Xena and Shadowfax have had a massive fight. There's fluff all over my room and when I tried to calm things down they went at it again and one of them clamped onto my leg. I had to drag them apart and put Shadowfax in a cage. I don't even know who bit me since they were...
  17. Vegan_Bunny

Rabbit savvy vet needed in N17 - Edmonton/Tottenham/Enfield area

It's for a friend who has just got a bunny. I have absolutely no idea about this area and I'm just repeating what she has said to me. She has access to a car and so anywhere within these areas is good, I imagine. Thank you very much in advance. :)
  18. Vegan_Bunny

Bunnies and ratties. *Pic heavy*

A few pics of the buns over the past few days, showing you how much Xena is being looked after by Fiver and Shadowfax. :love: Rohan and Roac (the ratty brothers) had their birthday on Sunday. :D They and Radagast got a present (since I have no idea when he was born) I got some good pics of the...
  19. Vegan_Bunny

Jacqui Paterson's vets - Small furries talk

Hi, just thought you might find this interesting (especially people living in my area). Tonight I went to a "small furries" talk at my local vet surgery. I already know they are excellent with rabbits but this just proved that. The main focus of the talk was on guinea pigs and rabbits (because...
  20. Vegan_Bunny

Promised to post some pics up

So here they are. They are only phone pics, I'm afraid because I haven't really had chance to use my camera. Larka Kisses :lol: Radagast Rohan and Roac. Fiver, Xena and Shadowfax Honey Monster
Back