• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Vegan_Bunny

Advice on internal adhesions - treatment and prognosis.

What is the prognosis do you think? Can she live a relatively normal life? How did your buns fair?
  2. Vegan_Bunny

Does Your Vet Prescribe Paracetamol as an Analgesic for Rabbits ?

I asked about it for Fiver. My vet looked into using children's calpol but the dosage was insane so I opted out of it.
  3. Vegan_Bunny

Thanks Jane. All that info is extremely useful. The bun is on emeprid so hopefully a change to cisaprid can help. She's been fanatically grooming/plucking her so that's covered, although her companion is less obliging to be groomed but I'm sure she'll figure something out. She has not had...
  4. Vegan_Bunny

I'm posting up for a friend so bear with me. I have had a search of this but nothing has come up, so feel free to post a link to a thread if this has already been discussed. A bit of background: My friend's rabbit recently underwent serious surgery to remove an impaction from the stomach. She...
  5. Vegan_Bunny

Fiver mystery. Elderly bun advice.

Thanks guys. He's a handsome chap, even with his white eye. It just makes him look distinguished haha. Although, maybe I should have named him General Roundwort rather than Fiver haha. He's certainly doing better but he still will not eat his hay so I'm thinking the hay is the problem. He's...
  6. Vegan_Bunny

Thanks Steph! Wow they're large haha! Giant Fiver! Bow to his lordship. 😂
  7. Vegan_Bunny

Other option was tramadol so I might just request that if he doesn't improve and see if that makes a difference. At least then I'd know it was pain related. Thanks MimzMum. Lovely to hear from you again. :) I do have current photos of him, however I have no idea how to share them onto here...
  8. Vegan_Bunny

OK. So typically he's doing a lot better today and is almost back to his usual self. He was in the litter tray eating hay when I went to collect him for the vets. My bunny vet gave him a good look over. He's fine and she said he's really well for his age. His teeth aren't perfect but there...
  9. Vegan_Bunny

Fascinating reading, Jane. I have to say that he does seem to have a lot of symptoms. He is pooing everywhere (I just put it down to his age), is honky and humpy with Shadowfax, extra cuddly and licky with me and has been spraying. He's not displaying any aggression but he never did even before...
  10. Vegan_Bunny

Hi guys. Long time no post. Just popped by for a bit of advice. Fiver is 13 now and has had a few mishaps lately. He's a bit doddery but generally well in himself apart from glaucoma in his eyes resulting in one of his lenses luxating. This is all managed with pain relief and he's been coping...
  11. Vegan_Bunny

Gutted for Xena. Finally some good news for my strong girl. :)

Fiver has put weight on. Him and SF have been vaccinated. Since he's put weight on and they are both happy we are putting off the dental until they have both been fully vacced. Depending on how Fiver is, we may decide not to do the dental. His teeth are long but no spurs are visible and with his...
  12. Vegan_Bunny

She did start eating again on the evening and did a huuge pile of good poos. She was quiet but eating yesterday and today she is back to her usual feisty self! ❤ I am over the moon and I think she must have just felt a little under the weather after her vac. I am so proud of this girl. She has...
  13. Vegan_Bunny

Just a quick update on Xena. She got the all clear from the vets yesterday. She got her vhd2 jab as well. When I got home Fiver wasn't eating..booked him in to the vets and then went to get him to find he'd made a miraculous recovery. He's booked in on Monday for him and SF to get their myxi vac...
  14. Vegan_Bunny

Bar biting and weeing on the bed. About to strangle the rabbits!!

He is on pain meds and gets acupuncture every 4-6 weeks. This time of year he is pretty much pain free and quite comfortable. I did think it was illness related but his bloods came back fine. He's not in pain that I can tell. Pushing him off the bed doesn't hurt him. When I say pushing him off I...
  15. Vegan_Bunny

His bloods are good for his age. No sign of anything untoward going on, which is fab news. Only downside is that we're putting his weight loss down to his teeth. They aren't horrific but are quite long and my vet thinks it may affect his eating. I'll panic so much when he goes in but I trust my...
  16. Vegan_Bunny

Yes, he's always been an indoor bun and he's very, very people orientated so being outside would not suit him, even with SF. He really is a demonbun, all my friends and family know him as that haha. He's a dutch x so tbh, they're pretty notorious for being ********* haha. I debated putting him...
  17. Vegan_Bunny

Yes, I'm hoping it will be easier having a payment plan. I'll let you know what Fiver's blood results are when I find out tomorrow. Hoping it's nothing nasty. He's 10 years old so I have to be prepared but he's my soulbun so I'm quite nervous.
  18. Vegan_Bunny

Excellent news. Xena's ears look a lot better. She had a bit of pus in her left ear, which we managed to flush out. Her lungs sounded perfectlt clear so I think she's just getting excited when she sees me haha. Fiver is still 1.5kg so had bloods done. He may need a dental but he's not desperate...
  19. Vegan_Bunny

Thanks guys. I'll have a good chat with my vet about it all. Just waiting to be seen now.
  20. Vegan_Bunny

Sky-O. Your post is right. Tbh I have lost my expectations of them. I used to get so infuriated with Fiver's behaviour and I do sometimes get totally ****** off with him but now it's more just a feeling of defeat. Fiver started out in a cage and run, fitted down the side of my bed. This was...
Back