• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Nethie Lover

When do you take hutch hugger off?

As title says...when do you all take the hutch huggers off for the better weather (she says full of optimism!!) It's been a glorious few days here but is still chilly at night. Any input welcome x
  2. Nethie Lover

Change in toilet habits

Thought I would put the outcome to this just in case any else is ever searching. Max is drinking as I marked his bottle this morning. As discovered, he has been going to the toilet in his empty food bowl. Phoned and spoke to the vet and it is just him marking his territory (after 4 months!)...
  3. Nethie Lover

Change in toilet habits

No, bottle is never blocked. Actually today it all became clearer. I got the bowl to give his greens and there was sawdust in it like there has been the past couple of days...on close inspection it is actually where he is going to the toilet. I must confess I did notice 'pellets' in the pile...
  4. Nethie Lover

Change in toilet habits

That did occur to me too - what must go in and all that!!!! I had a wee feel around his abdomen and there doesn't seem to be any hardness or anything out of the ordinary but as you say, best to get him checked out. Thanks :)
  5. Nethie Lover

Change in toilet habits

Yes, no problems there. Clean bowls all round!!!:lol::lol:
  6. Nethie Lover

Change in toilet habits

Just to add what I feed him - unlimited supply of hay obviously pellets at teatime (Excel dwarf ones) in the morning he gets a bowl of greens. At the mo it's a mix of brussel sprouts, spring greens, savoy cabbage, parsley, turnip and every few days I put a bit carrot in there as well. This...
  7. Nethie Lover

Change in toilet habits

Hi there:wave: Hope you are all well :) Looking for a wee bit advice about Max. Over the past couple of days I have noticed that he is not going to the toilet as much (both kinds!!) and my daughter has said that it doesn't look like he is drinking much water. It's a noticable change as the...
  8. Nethie Lover

Rabbit friendly vegetables

Thank you. I have printed this off and also bookmarked it. I am going for my monthly shop tomorrow so Max is in for a treat with all these new things that I know I can give him!!!!:lol: Thanks again x
  9. Nethie Lover

Maple leaves ok? conflicting info on net

Now that Max has his pen bunny proofed again (hurrah:D), he is out the pen all day and free to come and go as he pleases. Obviously Autumn is here so there leaves falling in his pen and there is one that he seems to be going daft for which, after I brought one in and googled leaves, seems to be...
  10. Nethie Lover

Wood shavings

I don't mind travelling if it it not too far (no point spending £8.00 on petrol if delivery is £7.00!!!!!). I will google where I stay and hopefully get a supplier - thanks! x
  11. Nethie Lover

Wood shavings

...and I was told not to use straw by the breeder for bedding and have also read that newspaper ink is toxic!! It's so confusing sometimes as one person says one thing and one person another!!!
  12. Nethie Lover

Wood shavings

I didn't know about megazorb and I have used wood shavings since day 1 and Max has been fine but if this is better value and better for them then seems worth a try. Had a look online and I can get 2 85kg bags for £19 delivered which seems pretty good as I get the biggest bag of wood shavings...
  13. Nethie Lover

after care

When my bun got neutered and I had him in the house for the weekend, he ate very little (not his usual inhaling of his bowl and veggies!!) and didn't drink a single drop. I was panicking like mad but I spoke to the vet and she said to put him back in his hutch and let him get settled back in...
  14. Nethie Lover

Recovery fron neutering

Put him back and he seemed v pleased to be there :) Came in and disinfected the puppy crate and then looked out and he was at his water bottle.....not drinking but licking the outside which he does firstthing when you replace his water in the morning. So he knows it's there - I think he just...
  15. Nethie Lover

Recovery fron neutering

Well just got up and the bottle is still not been drank from. The bowl was down and I got all excited till I felt around it and the Pampers thing was soaking so looks like he has tipped it over :( He is totally fine in himself. Walking around and coming up to us when he sees us, grooming...
  16. Nethie Lover

Recovery fron neutering

Well the silly billy knocked the water bowl over and it went everywhere so have changed the cage. There were plenty of poops and I have a Pampers Bed Wetting sheet thing in the cage (found them in the house despite the fact my daughter is 7!! I have held onto a spare pack for 5 years - and...
  17. Nethie Lover

Recovery fron neutering

Thank you both :) It did occur to me as well that he was in a strange environment and I was planning on putting him back out today but I just wanted to keep an extra eye and he probably would have went into his bedroom. I put a small slice of cucumber in earlier and he seems to have had a wee...
  18. Nethie Lover

Recovery fron neutering

Bun got neutered on yesterday and got him home about 2.30pm and the surgery were very happy with him and he woke up straight away from anaesthetic and had been munching on dandelion leaves (his fave!) I have him in the kitchen in a puppy crate as he is normally an outdoor rabbit. Last night he...
  19. Nethie Lover

What Winter Protection is needed

No probs. I have it bookmarked for when I have the spare pennies.:shock: At the mo I have a shield thing which hangs down and covers the front of the hutch which I bought from the pet shop and attached to the hutch and then I just bought a big poly sheet from B&Q and put that over it every...
  20. Nethie Lover

What Winter Protection is needed

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RABBIT-HUTCH-COVERS-MADE-TO-MEASURE_W0QQitemZ180294481107QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180294481107&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Back