• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. VikkiVet

Pet Sitter in Carmarthenshire needed

Hi, does anyone know a pet sitter in Carmarthenshire to recommend? I am looking for someone to take care of the crazy trio when I am away at weekends or have manic on-call weekends and can't get back to the house. Doesn't seem to be much when I search the internet, so any suggestions greatfully...
  2. VikkiVet

Rex Sore Hocks - Vet Gold Cream

Has anyone tried Vet Gold cream for sore hocks before? I've been using it for a week on Kylo's feet and its had really good results. Applied once a day without bandages or anything else, not changed anything else about his routine or housing etc. Already his feet are much less red and sore and...
  3. VikkiVet

URGENTLY need hutch - Hertfordshire

Hi, sorry I've not been on the forum in a very long time. I am well, only 6 months left of vet school! Anyway, I am currently taking care of a friend's rabbit for a few days, after she managed to make a hole in the wire of her hutch. She urgently needs a new hutch (current one is also too...
  4. VikkiVet

Custom Run vs Building from Aviary Panels

5. VikkiVet

Short Term Foster (may be) Urgently Required - Herts

Hi, I know i've not really been on the forum much recently, but I am hoping someone on here can help. I have been desperately searching for a new house for the next academic year but so far everything I have applied for has fallen through at the last minute. I now have only 2 weeks left of my...
  6. VikkiVet

Pepper makes me Laugh!!

In case anyone needs to be cheered up today.... oh and :wave::wave::wave::wave: btw!
  7. VikkiVet

making an aviary in an alley way (video added)

Hi, has anyone ever done this? I have a large space down the side of my new house and I'd like to convert it into a play area by putting aviary panels around the sides and something - corrugated plastic? - on the roof. How have you done this? how much did it cost? The alleyway is concrete -...
  8. VikkiVet

Bunnies in the bedroom?

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what its like to have rabbits living in their bedroom? I have a lovely new house next year, with loads of space outside for their weny house and run, but one of my housemates is allergic to rabbits so if they are inside they have to be in my...
  9. VikkiVet

Ebay 6ft hutch

In case anyone is looking - £80 buy it now http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RSPCA-RABBIT-HUTCH-6-FOOT-/180687158321?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item2a11cb3c31#ht_500wt_1009 5 ft run and accessories inc pen panels...
  10. VikkiVet

How much for Rearguard??? Is Flyguard a good alternative??

Hi, anyone got theirs yet and how much did you pay? The cheapest I can get it for is £17.50 which seems extortionate, I'm sure I didnt pay anything like that before?? Anyone got any cheaper sources? Edit: Some have suggested beaphar flyguard - anyone used that? any good? any side-effects?
  11. VikkiVet

Recommendation - Vet in Hertfordshire/North London

Hi, my bunny savvy vet is leaving the practice and I don't like the rest at the practice, so need a recommendation for a good vet in Herts or North London (Enfield/Hadley Wood/Barnet area). I can drive and have the RVC down the road for emergencies so doesn't need to be very close - prepared to...
  12. VikkiVet

Hoping to win this on eBay....U/D Got one!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120734475522&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1019 to convert for my 3, so I can sell my current one for my foster bun to live in!! Really hope I get it, its so lovely! :D
  13. VikkiVet

Look into my Eyes..... (WARNING - Awwww Alert!)

If anyone needs a campaign poster child for dogs you can borrow Pepper! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  14. VikkiVet

We Do Eating!

My 3, just being themselves, just because! Lounge binky I love my tunnel! Time to clean up Aaaaaaaand flop! a rare Kylo flop
  15. VikkiVet

Big THUMBS UP to all the Fosterers!!

I have just sent home my first ever "foster" bunny (belonging to a friend, I took her on temporarily to get her neutered, dental and on a better diet, kinda bunny fat camp! :lol::lol::lol::lol:). I am kinda sad seeing her go, but it has been so rewarding having her here and seeing her change...
  16. VikkiVet

My Foster Bunny - Baboon!

Hi RU, my name is Baboon (my owner's granddaughter tried to say bunny but it came out wrong!). My owners love me very much but they don't know alot about rabbits and got some very bad advice from the open farm where I came from. I have been living with Auntie Vikki for 3 weeks after she took...
  17. VikkiVet

Need Man with Van - Herts

Hi, I am trying to buy a hutch off ebay to replace one for a friend (single rabbit currently lives in 3ft broken hutch....) but I need a van for transportation. Its a short distance, only Hoddesdon to London Colney, but funds are very limited (I have paid for spay, dental, claw trimming, got her...
  18. VikkiVet

You think its hard convincing owners....

I genuinely greatly admire the work some people do educating potential and current owners on the health and welfare of rabbits. I do my bit as a vet student, and more so when I am a vet, but then I realise how incredibly hard the job is when things like this happen... I've been having an...
  19. VikkiVet

Conscious Dentals - Some Thoughts

I know this is a bit of an RU "can of worms" but I just thought I would share some of my experiences and see what people think. Prior to having seen any conscious dental work in rabbits, I was of the opinion that all dental work should be done under GA or at least heavy sedation due to a) the...
  20. VikkiVet

The Buns are Back in Town!

Fetched the buns from Alice's on Sunday, now very happily back at mine and doing a great job mowing the lawn - boy did it need it! HUUUUUUUUUGE Thank You to Alice and all teh Windwhistle Warren volunteers for looking after my babies for me, they looked very happy when I...
Back