• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. christina83

My Runty Boy

Hi everyone, on the 5th of November my Runty boy passed away. He was 10 years and 4 months old. He was one of 7 baby boys we kept, along with their mum and dad. Runty’s two brothers passed away in July. Runty had an abscess in his face which was managed well until shorty before he passed away...
  2. christina83

Bunny heart :(

Hi, I’m writing this heartbroken. My bunny Sweep who is going to be 10 in June has suspected heart failure. For about two months he’s been behaving like he has GI Statis and we’ve done all the usual things to get him back on track, but the one thing that bothered us was his rapid breathing...
  3. christina83

Worried about rabbit sulfatrim dosage

Hi everyone, my bunny boy Patch has a chest infection, he has been on baytril for the past two weeks, but our vet has switched him over to Sulfatrim. The dosage she has given for patch is 3mls, every 12 hours. It seems like a lot and I was just concerned, I worry about him being overdosed. He's...
  4. christina83

Sweetpea has dental problems and now seizures.

Hi everyone, my Sweetpea (he's a boy, just so pretty and sweet we called him Sweetpea), he's been having dentals on and off for about 2years and has developed an abscess which has been kept under control and hasn't seemed to bother him. 3 weeks ago he started dribbling to we took him to the vets...
  5. christina83

My Daisy Moomin passed on Saturday :(

Hi everyone, you may have seen my story about my Daisy flower on the Health section. My Daisy passed on Saturday the 15th July 2017, around 5:15pm. In February of this year I noticed Daisy had a small lump near her hind leg, she was taken to the vet straightaway where it was aspirated and all...
  6. christina83

Bunny lump

Hey everyone, I don't post here very often and I wish I did, so I feel bad for turning up when I'm really worried about my Daisy. Last Friday the 3rd of February I picked Daisy up and found a lump on her leg, its kinda near the hip but further down. The lump moves from being on the outside to...
  7. christina83

Shopes Papilloma?

Hi everyone, I'm a little concerned about my Runty boy. He's 7years and 3months old and I think he has papilloma on his ear. I saw the vets last Monday as he went for his VHD2 vaccine along with his 3 brothers and mammy. I showed the vet his little horny thing on his ear and she agreed it looked...
  8. christina83

Possible Coccidiosis

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've written on these forums. My bunny Sweep last Tuesday when I woke up had very bad diarrhea, so we made sure he stayed hydrated etc and we thought it was because he'd nicked some of my toast off my plate the day before. However that evening I noticed a...
  9. christina83

Avocado Oil

Hey everyone, I just wanted to ask a quick question as I couldn't find anything online. I know avocado is poisonous to bunnies, but the thing is I'm going through some hair loss at the moment and I read that avocado oil massaged into the scalp is good for this. However I'm worried I'll...
  10. christina83

Sleep tight my baby boys :(

Three weeks ago Tuesday my life was turned upside down by the sudden death of my Spotty Boy. I noticed you didn't look very well, so I brought you in from the garden that you loved and put you in a blanket to sleep. We thought you had a fur block again, so we fed you pineapple juice and massaged...
  11. christina83

Rubbish Week, possible RHD

Hi everyone, Okay I'm not sure how to explain this and people are going to think I'm stupid. Last Tuesday my bunny Spot came out of his hutch looking disorientated and unwell, that night he died :( We thought it was possibly a stroke or something. We had 8 rabbits at that point, well up until...
  12. christina83

Not sure if bunny is going :(

Hi, I've posted on here several times before but tonight my Basil isn't well. He's had a jaw abscess that's been treated for 2 years now, he's over 7 years old he's a little black bunny (never known his breed). Tonight though he smells of ammonia, he's dozing off all the time, and he's just...
  13. christina83

Seprin and Flagyl suspensions?

Hi there, I was just wondering if someone could tell me whether its safe to use seprin and flagyl suspension together? My Basil has bad teeth, and today he saw a rabbits savy vet who is willing to take his problem teeth out. However for now he's given him some Seprin suspension. Basil has been...
  14. christina83

Bone infection?

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could give me advice about my bunny Basil. Basil is 5 and a half years old and he's always had problems with his teeth, and he went blind last July. However back in June we noticed pus coming from his left eye, so we took him to the vets and they said he had...
  15. christina83

Angora Bunny

Hello everyone, I have a lovely angora bunny called daisy. This weekend its going to be hot, and I was just wondering how to keep her cool. Do angora bunnies need trimming or anything during the hot season. I know it might be a silly question, but I dont want her feeling uncomfortable or...
  16. christina83

Bunny Sinus.

Hi everyone, i have a question about rabbit sinus. I'll explain what happened. Basil had dental surgery 2 weeks ago, and the vet more or less filed his back teeth right down. He now has a runny eye and sinus (we know its sinus from the dental as we took him to see the vet again on thursday and...
  17. christina83

Basil's Tongues sticking out.?

Hi everyone, I just need some help with something please. Basil had dental surgery last week on his molars, and hes only eating soft food still, mostly moist pellets. I took a look in his mouth earlier by pulling his lips back, as you do to check the front teeth and i noticed hes resting his...
  18. christina83

Bunny after dental surgery.

Hi everyone,My Bunny Basil, had dental surgery yesterday. He had his molars cut down, and he had abit of an infection the vet said. I just wanted to ask if its normal for him to be dribbling? Hes still quite dosey looking too. Hes eating his pellets mashed up with abit of water, as its soft and...
  19. christina83

Basil and Nibbles :)

Here's some pics of my two naughty babies :) Basil Nibbles
  20. christina83

Hello everyone :)

Hey everyone, I wish I'd found this site sooner, its great. My names Christina, Im 24 and live in Wales. I have to bunnies called Basil and Nibbles. Basil is a 3yr old buck and Nibbles is a 5yr old doe.They're both very spoilt house bunnies, and have me and my parents running around for them...
Back