• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. I

Want to do my bit for bunnies through education...

I just wanted to say, what a fantastic idea!!! Good on you! :D I'm a primary school teacher, and I've done the whole talk on 'if you have pets this week, make sure you keep them protected from the bangs from fireworks - cover them up, move them, check on them' etc. Gotta take these...
  2. I

Dandy has a snotty nose

Having had two bunnies sneezing for the past few months, and fiiiiiiinally getting improvements with a new and helpful vet, you and Dandy have all my vibes! I know how worrying it is when you have poorly buns! :( Stick with it! They do get better! :) Sending loads of vibes :love:
  3. I

Poor Colonel Colin

Awww :( He looks so sad :( Thinking of him and you Jane. Must be so upsetting xxxxx
  4. I

Update on my two with sneezes

Well, as you know, I've been so desperate with Snowy and Baby and their sneezing for the last couple of months. My first vet was completely useless, refusing to investigate further as to what is causing them to sneeze. I changed vets, and have to say they have been fantastic. My new vets don't...
  5. I

How could anyone do this?

That's horrific!! How can people do that!? Gorgeous bunny too :love:
  6. I

Bungle

Awww bless! He's looking so handsome! You've groomed him so well, he looks fantastic! :love: Def getting the tlc he deserves now :D
  7. I

Can rabbits have orange juice?

I've got Ribena in! Thanks! I'll use that instead :D :thumb:
  8. I

Can rabbits have orange juice?

As title really? Not a lot, just a bit to help take away the taste of foul tasting medicine? It's all I've got in at the moment, although I've heard apple and pineapple juice is best, can orange juice do for tonight?
  9. I

rescues in yorkshire! can someone please take this girl! EMERGENCY

I feel so sorry for this little bunny :(
  10. I

Medical advice needed, help prep me for the vets please!

Just an update - I'm taking Snowy and Babe to a different vets at 2.35pm today. This vet was recommended to me by a friend at work, so I'm going to give them a try. I suppose it doesn't harm to try a different vet today, see what they say, and always try the Harrogate vet at the weekend. At...
  11. I

Thank you! A lot of what you are saying it really making sense to me, and it's so strange because the behaviour you describe in your bunny is just the same with Baby! She's exactly the same! It's brilliant to be able to actually understand how she might be thinking/feeling, rather than me just...
  12. I

See that's what confuses me, because on the one hand she will run so fast and as far away from me as possible - but then there are times (when treats are on show) that she comes towards me to nosy what I've got! I guess I use treats now to try and increase that confidence for her to come towards...
  13. I

Tbh, the way I tend to catch her is when she runs to the back of the run/shed I'm able to get her. Actually, by writing that out I can see the error in my ways already! I'm 'catching' her when she's backed herself into a corner out of fear. OMG, that's awful :(
  14. I

So much of what you have said is so true! Especially the bit I have quoted. I have found she's started to 'go' for me when I'm stroking or showing affection to Snowy, like she is extremely possessive of him and doesn't want to share! I never thought about how her aggression might be fear led...
  15. I

Thank you. You have a really good point. I guess when I'm around them, I'm just so sad and feeling guilty. They must pick up on that :( I'm just arranging by text with my bf seeing if he could get us over to Harrogate on Saturday (soonest I could go with work). It would only be weekends I could...
  16. I

She's always been quite a nervous character (will run to the back of the shed/run if you go near, but fine once being carried/handled) She has been bonded to Snowy for 5 months now. He's completely the oppose of her character. Very relaxing and confident with people.
  17. I

:lol::lol::lol: It was a good question to ask about her being spayed though, because her behaviour is def one of an unspayed rabbit! Very hormonal? Can you still get that in spayed rabbits? Is there a way of checking she's definitely spayed? I'm sooo questioning everything about my rabbit...
  18. I

I got her from the RSPCA, and I've been told she's spayed yes. Harrogate is only about 45-1hour away from me, so DEF possible!
  19. I

Just to add, I have noticed that Babe has started getting 'short tempered' a bit with Snowy. Grunting and getting very overprotective with him. I blamed it on her feeling under the weather with this illness. However, could this situation be considered stressful? Should I split the two up? They...
  20. I

Thank you :) It's really helping to know that I shouldn't give up on my babies, unlike my vets attitude seems to be, which is 'it's something rabbits get, nothing can be done!'. They are only a year old. They shouldn't have to be this poorly :( ETA: I am in Brighouse, West Yorkshire. I'm...
Back