• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. KarenM

Need help registering/activating your account?

All sorted. Just a heads up to new members - if you can post in forums, your account is already active. (y)
  2. KarenM

Breeding two sisters

ADMIN NOTE. Please bear in mind the Forum Rules when replying or else you might find your post gets removed and/or the mods will issue a warning. Thank you to everyone who's posted so far & explained their thoughts on this in a diplomatic way. I think the points I would have mentioned have...
  3. KarenM

Just making sure this is 'legal' on the forum

RU isn't a rescue forum. The intention when it was formed was to improve welfare for all rabbits. Of course, over time, this has meant that a large proportion of members are either involved in rescue or very pro-rescue themselves.... there are so many rabbits in rescues in the UK (and the US I...
  4. KarenM

Bonding q

Oh, best of luck! I always put Alfie in last as he was most territorial. If in doubt, I'd put the buck in first though.
  5. KarenM

Need help registering/activating your account?

Did you get the activation email? I just checked in the admin panel and it looks like your account is already active.
  6. KarenM

Only one thing to do with a wet pussy

Yup, armpits are the worst. Even if we can bribe Freddie with food he's never in a position where we can get to those hard to reach places.
  7. KarenM

He's got a super long reach... and very sharp teeth too. Not only that but he keeps attacking even if we back off or try to walk away so it's really difficult. And painful. 🤣 We used to think grooming our longhaired moggy was hard work but that was nothing.
  8. KarenM

Grief after having rabbit pts

So very sorry you're posting in such sad circumstances. It sounds like your bunny had a wonderful life and letting them go can be the hardest thing, even though we know it's the right thing for them. Grief brings all kinds of feelings and it's all a part of that grieving process. I'm glad that...
  9. KarenM

Oh no, poor Fuzzy. We're lucky that the gabapentin is enough to take the edge off for Freddie. And it's only a short car ride. But it will impact decisions we might have to make for him in the future (we know he wouldn't cope well with intensive hands on veterinary care, for example) so I can...
  10. KarenM

Mods

It says you can increase the size limits... but there could be reasons why Tam wouldn't want to do that. I'm guessing it would need more memory? Listen to me, trying to sound like I have the foggiest... 🤣
  11. KarenM

Mods

AFAIK, the EXIF data gets deleted as soon as XenForo has read it, rotated photo if necessary (or not lol) etc. Don't quote me on that though. 🤣
  12. KarenM

Mods

You posted while I was typing. 🤣 I'll pass that on to Tamsin too.
  13. KarenM

Mods

Thank you. I'll let Tamsin know as it might help her to narrow down a fix. I did search the XenForo support forum but it got way too technical for me. 🙈 It looks like the software should already be able to read that info (exif data, it says) but it did throw up some info suggesting that the...
  14. KarenM

Mods

Ooh, do you know what he did? The answer will be too technical for me too but Tamsin did mention something like this being the cause when we first noticed it.
  15. KarenM

I'd like to see you try to get a fleece on him 🤣
  16. KarenM

Ideally, they shouldn't need shaving but they do need regular grooming, otherwise the fur gets matted. Freddie doesn't let us anywhere near him with a brush though, even though we were doing it daily from when we got him. We can manage his top half with a tube of lick-e-lix (like a frube...
  17. KarenM

He is sooooo soft now. I really wish he would let us groom him because he has the most amazing coat but the only option we have is to send him to be sedated at the vets for it. 🥺 And he gets so stressed that he has gabapentin for the trip, the vet sedates him straight out of the carrier...
  18. KarenM

🤣 🤣 🤣 Gorgeous kitty! I'm just here for the thread title! Any ideas what to do about a bald pussy?
  19. KarenM

Mods

Yeah, it only seems to be an issue for me when the portrait photos are really big. Resizing to about 1600 (or might be 1200, I can't remember now) on the longest side seems to solve it. That's probably why sending back and forth over WhatsApp does the trick - because it automatically resizes.
Back