• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. twobunnies&apony

Hay - Timmy Stopped Eating

Timmy is generally a good hay eater until recently. About a month ago he went off it and I thought it was because he was moulting as he can be a bit funny at coat change time. Anyway it became apparent he needed his teeth doing so I booked him in and all was done last Thursday (feel bad that I...
  2. twobunnies&apony

Gauge of Wire

Hi I am planning a new run and I am wondering if 16g wire would be OK? Also what size of holes would be OK? Is an inch square suitable? Thanks Pam
  3. twobunnies&apony

Timmy Off His Hay

Hi Does anyone have any thoughts on why a bun may go off their hay? Obviously I know teeth is probably the number one reason but what other causes might there be? Timmy had his teeth checked etc recently. I know bun's teeth grow constantly etc but what else might it be? I have a funny feeling...
  4. twobunnies&apony

6' x 4' Run

I know the recommended run size has increased but I only have room for a 6' x 4' (it is for a single bun who has quite large indoor accommodation). However I am having trouble finding one of decent quality. I know lots of people have weld mesh but I prefer the ones with black bars (see link...
  5. twobunnies&apony

Symptoms of GI Stasis

Got up this morning and Timmy is not eating. We will be off to the vets shortly but just wondered if stretching is a symptom of stasis? Not so much the normal long stretching of back legs etc which is often accompanied by a yawn (although he did two of those within a few minutes this morning)...
  6. twobunnies&apony

Gravel

7. twobunnies&apony

Lino Free to Good Home! - moved this from Housing

Hi I know this is a bit of a long shot as we are all spread all over the country but I have some lino left over from doing my rabbits' new accommodation and it seems such a shame to throw it away (when I was trying to get a piece from a carpet shop it wasn't that cheap so if anyone wants it it...
  8. twobunnies&apony

Lino Free to Good Home!

Hi I know this is a bit of a long shot as we are all spread all over the country but I have some lino left over from doing my rabbits' new accommodation and it seems such a shame to throw it away (when I was trying to get a piece from a carpet shop it wasn't that cheap so if anyone wants it it...
  9. twobunnies&apony

Little bit of a sore hock

Hi Timmy went to have his teethies done today and when I put him in the pet carrier I noticed that he had a slightly sore hock. Only a tiny bit but I mentioned it to the vet to have a look while he was under GA. When I picked him up they said that they had given him an antibiotic injection to...
  10. twobunnies&apony

Bunny Name Plate

Just wondered if anyone knows of good places to get name plates made for bunny houses? My two are moving into a shed soon (they will still be in their hutches inside the shed with runs attached as they are a failed bonding - you didn't really need to know this!) and I would like to put a sign/...
  11. twobunnies&apony

Cat Flaps

Just wondered how good rabbits are at using cat flaps? Any experiences?
  12. twobunnies&apony

Playhouse

Just found this on ebay if anyone is interested http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Playhouse-Polly-playhouse-unpainted-/120665248322?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Outdoor_Play_Equipment_LE&hash=item1c18359242
  13. twobunnies&apony

Is Your Bunny A Cuddle Bun Or Not?

I was just thinking about this today as I have two buns who are definitely not cuddle buns (Timmy has only been with me since September so I still have hopes that he may learn to love cuddles in time) and it made me wonder what the proportion of cuddlers to non-cuddlers is so I thought I would...
  14. twobunnies&apony

Olive's Strange Behaviour

When I went out to feed this morning Olive came running up to the bars of her run with a very large mouthful of shredded newspaper all hanging out of the sides of her mouth (I have been using it as bedding for about 6 weeks now and she doesn't normally bother much with it). Even though it was...
  15. twobunnies&apony

Olive has started growling at me

I've had Olive for two and a half years and I got her and Grace at the same time when they were babies. Sadly we lost Grace in August. I really didn't want Olive to be alone so did my best to find her a suitable rescue boy. She went to BARC and the bonding attempts failed and she was back home...
  16. twobunnies&apony

Rubber Mats

Just wondered if anyone has these in their rabbit's run? http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=20001&partNumber=683816&Trail=searchtext>RUBBER+TILES Mine are on concrete and I am so worried that it is freezing their feet and bottoms!:(
  17. twobunnies&apony

Eating Poos

My new rescue bunny who came home yesterday is eating poos off the floor. They are most certainly his own poos as they are in the run - he poos everywhere and Olive only uses the tray. Any thoughts on why he might be doing this? He is also eating the soft ones straight from his bottom as he...
  18. twobunnies&apony

Soft Toys for Bunnies

Hi Sadly I have recently lost my rabbit Grace and her friend Olive is currently on her own. She is going to be bonded (fingers crossed:rabbit2:) with Pipkin from BARC in a couple of weeks but I am a bit worried about the journey as she hates the car and has always had Grace for comfort in the...
  19. twobunnies&apony

Digging Box

I am thinking about making a digging box/pit for my two dwarf does. I was going to get a children's sand pit but decided this was a bit big so I am going to use a large plastic storage box. I don't know how deep it needs to be. I can't decide on one of the large flattish ones that are designed...
  20. twobunnies&apony

Grace's Ongoing Sneezing/Discharge

Grace went to see Aidan Rafferty at Ashleigh in Manchester yesterday to get a second and more expert opinion on her respiratory problem. She was kept in overnight, along with her bonded friend Olive, so that Aidan could take xrays, swabs and perform an endoscopy today. Picked them up this...
Back