• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. F

bonding babies with older male

Hi, I have a 5 year old male bunny who has just lost his lady friend. My local rescue has no older single girls at the moment but they do have some babies. Would it be possible to bond two babies with him so that the new bun wouldn't be left on its own in a few years time? Would 2 females work...
  2. F

House rabbits and children

Hi! Does anyone have house rabbits and young children, particularly French lops? Do they get on ok? I already have two outdoor rabbits but would love an indoor one aswell! Thanks!
  3. F

flystrike products

Hi! Can anyone recommend any flystrike preventative treatments other than Rearguard? I used Rearguard last year and I know it's supposed to be good but it's quite pricey. Is there anything just as good but cheaper? Thanks!
  4. F

How to look after E Cuniculi bunny UPDATE rolling over

My bunny has been showing signs of EC since Monday. She's still not eating much, just nibbling grass and cucumber, and to start with she wasn't pooing either, though now she has loose poos. I've been to the vets twice for metoclopramide injections and I'm giving her and her boyfriend panacur and...
  5. F

How to give Oxbow critical care

My rabbit has suspected E.C and she isn't eating or pooing as much as usual, just hoping she doesn't go into gut stasis...the vet gave me Oxbow critical care but I'm not sure how to get it into the bunny. It seems a big volume to syringe feed (I mixed about a quarter of the packet 1 part Oxbow...
  6. F

red urine

Hi, does anyone know whether eating fresh beetroot can turn rabbit urine red? I just noticed some red urine in the litter tray and thought this might explain it? Or maybe because the rabbits were on grass all day yesterday? They seem otherwise ok. Thanks
  7. F

free-ad bunnies

Just out of interest, do rescue centres "rescue" free-ad bunnies like on the pre-loved website or do you wait for bunnies to be given to you? I was just having a look on pre-loved for hutches and was a bit disturbed by the number of unwanted pets on there being either given away or sold cheaply...
  8. F

How was minimum hutch size decided?

I was just wondering how somebody came up with the minimum size hutch for 2 rabbits to be 6 x 2 ft? Did the RSPCA set it as the minumum size? I'm not disagreeing with it at all, just wondered how they decided on this as opposed to 5 or 7 ft? Thanks!
  9. F

Recommended run size

Hi, Sorry if this has already been covered (I've had a quick search but still not sure), I have a 5 x 2 x 2 hutch which I want to use for 2 bunnies. I know this is a bit smaller than the recommended 6ft hutch so want to make up for it in the size of the run. We're thinking about building an...
  10. F

poppies and buttercups

I've recently moved house and realise I have a few dodgy plants for bunnies in it! How dangerous are buttercups? Have a few in the lawn. Are all types of poppy poisonous or just the red opium poppies? I have some small yellow ones that have seeded themselves all over the place!
  11. F

bereaved bunny

Hi Forum people, I'm new to this so here goes...My 31/2 year old female bunny lost her boyfriend this morning to gut stasis. Should I think about getting her another friend? I'm feeling quite demoralised about keeping rabbits even though I did what I could for the poor lad. I don't like to see...
Back