• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. nic-nac89

Speckle's gone :( :(

I want to let you all know Speckle was put to sleep last night. He seemed to be getting a little better but health rapidly deteriorated over the past couple of days to the point where he couldn't even stand up yesterday, so we thought it was best to put him to rest. I can't stop crying, still...
  2. nic-nac89

Does anyone know of a rabbit savvy vet in east ayrshire?

I'm not sure speckle's receiving the right treatment from our current vet so if anyone knows of a good rabbit vet in east ayrshire then i'd very much appreciate it :)
  3. nic-nac89

Looking for some GI stasis advice please.

You might remember my post from a few days ago when Speckle went into stasis. Well we've been syringe feeding him blended carrot and blended banana and also some plain water as the vet suggested we do. He produced some tiny, moist poos yesterday and today it's turned into diarrhea which is...
  4. nic-nac89

Suspected GI stasis, please help!

My rabbit's barely eating, barely drinking and seems fine one min then next min he's sitting there in a stare looking like he's in his own little world. I can't get a vet till Monday afternoon and I don't know of any emergency vet near here. He's been like this all day and I'm so worried...I...
  5. nic-nac89

Is it normal for a whisker to fall out?

I've never known this to happen but one came out while I was petting Speckle earlier. He didn't seem bothered or even to have noticed actually but just wondered if it's normal? Nic x
  6. nic-nac89

How do I get my bun to go back to peeing in 1 place?

For years Speckle's only ever peed in his litter tray (which is in his run) but he's recently started doing the odd pee in a corner of his hutch. We wondered if he's just getting lazy with age? He's 5 years old. Any suggestions would be mucho appreciated, Nic xx
  7. nic-nac89

How can I get Speckle to eat hay??!!

Since stuffing it into his mouth isn't really an option I'm kinda stuffed...he's never really taken to hay :( any suggestions?
  8. nic-nac89

Why do spiders insist on staying in Speckle's hutch?!

His hutch really needs a good clean but there's always spiders in there and I'm arachnophobic :( I was just plucking up the courage to clean it out and went to check on him and as I opened the hutch door a spider ran down one of the walls! Needless to say my courage has gone! Poor bun :(
  9. nic-nac89

Can anyone tell me what breed my bunny is?

I got him in a pet shop so I don't know what breed he is. Thanks :D
  10. nic-nac89

Took late to get a friend for Speckle?

My (male) rabbit is nearly 5 years old now and I'd really like to get him a friend. Do you think this is a good idea since he's used to being himself or do rabbits normally adapt to new company well despite their age? If so, male or female?
Back