• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. roarysmam

Help please .....

My buck Roary was neutered on the 16th July and has been fantastic since. A few days ago my daughter noticed that he was losing his fur on his back, I mean excessive hair loss, coming out in hand fulls. It isnt leaving a bald patch though because there is new (even though different to his...
  2. roarysmam

Strange behaviour? Advise please?!

Hi:wave: My wee lad went in the other day for his neutering op and all is fine. He and Mrs Roary had a litter 7 weeks ago and are in the process of weaning. Today Mam and babies where in the run (all the babies are does, had them sexed by the vet) and I put dad into the opposite side so that...
  3. roarysmam

Just picked Roary up from the Vets .......

after his op to get neutered. Been a nervous wreck all day!:oops: He had it done under local anesthetic (which I didnt realise they could do). He seems quite alert and more responsive than I thought he would be. He tried to explore the living room when he first got home and fell over:( but...
  4. roarysmam

Advice please on weaning Kits ...

:wave: Good morning everyone. I have 5 kits that will be 5 weeks old on Thursday. I know its still early yet but I want to be prepared! The kits are very healthy and are HUGE now and so gorgeous:love: Questions I have are : When should I start weaning? Do I just basically rehome the kits...
  5. roarysmam

Disappearing nipples ......

:oops:I dont mean mine:lol: My doe gave birth to a litter of 6 (5 survived). They will be a month old tomorrow. I noticed today when I picked the doe up that her 'teats' seem to have disappeared. Is this normal? The kits are really healthly and running and jumping all over the place, so I...
  6. roarysmam

Sneezing bunny ...... HELP ...........

:(Noticed today that my doe is sneezing an awful lot, she hasnt got a runny nose or eyes and would like to know should I be worried? She recently has had a litter (just over 3 weeks ago) and am worried that she may pass something on to them. HELP please ......
  7. roarysmam

Pet Insurance

:wave:Hiya everyone, Was thinking about getting my two buns covered with pet insurance and wondered if anyone has their bunnies insured too. Was wanting general info if possible, ie who with/level of cover etc. Many thanks :)
  8. roarysmam

Kitts at 20 days old

Hope you like them:love: http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn277/roarysmam/bunnies/babiesat20daysold001.jpg Indie http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn277/roarysmam/bunnies/babiesat20daysold002.jpgAnna http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn277/roarysmam/bunnies/babiesat20daysold004.jpgJones...
  9. roarysmam

Kitts now 20 days old .... advice pls

:lol:Hiya everyone:wave: My doe had a surprise litter 3 weeks ago tomorrow. Sadly lost one very soon after being born, leaving 5. They are all absolutley gorgeous each now weighing in at between 7 and 8 oz (is that about right for their age?) and are showing their individual personalities...
  10. roarysmam

Advice pls on when to Spey

Hi everyone,:wave: My doe that I recently rescued gave birth 18 days ago (was told that she had been speyed!:censored:) but kits and mother and doing really well. What I would like to know is just how soon I could get her in to get speyed? Obviously I know she has been through a lot lately...
  11. roarysmam

Cleaning out the nest?

Can anybody please tell me roughly when I can clean out the kits nest. The kits are only 12 days old, so I know its still pretty early but jeysus do they stink!:D:lol: They all have their eyes open now and are nibbling bits of hay and are starting to explore their surroundings. Any help would...
  12. roarysmam

Sexual behaviour in the buck?

Yes, I have another question. I know I am a right pain:lol: My buck, was on his own until a few months ago and then I rescued a doe (told she had been spayed, but obviously this wasnt the case when she gave birth last week!) My buck never showed any *ahem* sexual tendencies :oops: towards...
  13. roarysmam

Clipping the nails

Hiya everyone:wave: My doe has recently given birth, the kits are 8 days old now and are doing very well after a few hiccups along the way. Just been out to Ruby to give her some greens and noticed that her nails are in dire need to be clipped. She was a rescue bun and was never the most...
  14. roarysmam

Sick kitt, advice please? .....

Hi my doe had a litter of six three days ago, unfortunately one died shortly after. Noticed this morning that one of the kitts is bleeding near its nose/mouth area. Mam keeps going in and cleaning it up etc. Is the kitt likely to survive? My daughter was heartbroken when we lost the first...
  15. roarysmam

Hi everyone .......Baby advice

:wave: I am new to the board and just wanted to say hello. Been reading for quite a while now and the advice on here as been priceless to me. My female lionhead has just given birth to six overnight, (rescued her 7 weeks ago and was told she was spayed!:shock:) I obviously havnt disturbed the...
Back