• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. roarysmam

Help please .....

Phew!!!! Thanks. My 12 year old daughter was in tears on the way to the vets thinking that something was seriously wrong! He was never moulted to this extent before and have to say it has been quite worrying. Like I said the vet didnt have a clue! Time to change vets me thinks!:(
  2. roarysmam

Help please .....

My buck Roary was neutered on the 16th July and has been fantastic since. A few days ago my daughter noticed that he was losing his fur on his back, I mean excessive hair loss, coming out in hand fulls. It isnt leaving a bald patch though because there is new (even though different to his...
  3. roarysmam

URGENT my rabbit just ate dog food

Start worrying when he cocks his leg up and starts barking:lol:
  4. roarysmam

Strange behaviour? Advise please?!

Hi:wave: My wee lad went in the other day for his neutering op and all is fine. He and Mrs Roary had a litter 7 weeks ago and are in the process of weaning. Today Mam and babies where in the run (all the babies are does, had them sexed by the vet) and I put dad into the opposite side so that...
  5. roarysmam

Just picked Roary up from the Vets .......

He was given diazipam to calm him down before the procedure and then was injected into the area with a local anesthetic. He is doing great! The vet said it was a much safer option and has a quicker recovery period. His wound looks lovely and neat and very clean. Vet said didnt need follow up...
  6. roarysmam

Just picked Roary up from the Vets .......

after his op to get neutered. Been a nervous wreck all day!:oops: He had it done under local anesthetic (which I didnt realise they could do). He seems quite alert and more responsive than I thought he would be. He tried to explore the living room when he first got home and fell over:( but...
  7. roarysmam

Are babies supposed to eat greens/fresh grass/cover etc

I was exactly the same, really worred about the kits eating the greens and veggies that I was giving mum. They loved it! They are now 7 weeks and much prefer hay, herbs, greens and veggies over pellets.:)
  8. roarysmam

Advice please on weaning Kits ...

Thanks for the advice.:) Appreciate telling me to remove Mum and not the other way round, because thats what I would of done!:( The kits sound the same as Aimee84s in the way that they are eating everything in sight anyway! Mum doesnt get a look in with anything before the 5 of them are trying...
  9. roarysmam

Advice please on weaning Kits ...

:wave: Good morning everyone. I have 5 kits that will be 5 weeks old on Thursday. I know its still early yet but I want to be prepared! The kits are very healthy and are HUGE now and so gorgeous:love: Questions I have are : When should I start weaning? Do I just basically rehome the kits...
  10. roarysmam

Disappearing nipples ......

Thanks so much for the advice. Like I said the kits are healthly and full of energy and are now weighing the smallest at 11oz and the biggest at 12.5 oz so they seem to be taking plently of food on board:lol:, just worried incase mam was feeding them enough! I never used to worry about my...
  11. roarysmam

Disappearing nipples ......

:oops:I dont mean mine:lol: My doe gave birth to a litter of 6 (5 survived). They will be a month old tomorrow. I noticed today when I picked the doe up that her 'teats' seem to have disappeared. Is this normal? The kits are really healthly and running and jumping all over the place, so I...
  12. roarysmam

Sneezing bunny ...... HELP ...........

Hi :wave: I arnt using anything that I wouldnt normally use and havnt changed brands or anything like that.
  13. roarysmam

Sneezing bunny ...... HELP ...........

:(Noticed today that my doe is sneezing an awful lot, she hasnt got a runny nose or eyes and would like to know should I be worried? She recently has had a litter (just over 3 weeks ago) and am worried that she may pass something on to them. HELP please ......
  14. roarysmam

Pet Insurance

:wave:Hiya everyone, Was thinking about getting my two buns covered with pet insurance and wondered if anyone has their bunnies insured too. Was wanting general info if possible, ie who with/level of cover etc. Many thanks :)
  15. roarysmam

Kitts at 20 days old

Thanks, :)they all have such different personalities The litter was unexpected (rescued doe that was supposed to have been neutered) but I will cry when its time for them to go to their new homes:cry:
  16. roarysmam

Kitts at 20 days old

Hope you like them:love: http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn277/roarysmam/bunnies/babiesat20daysold001.jpg Indie http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn277/roarysmam/bunnies/babiesat20daysold002.jpgAnna http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn277/roarysmam/bunnies/babiesat20daysold004.jpgJones...
  17. roarysmam

How much food to feed?

:wave: Dont give them to much pellets as they arent as good for them as hay. A bowl full a day is what i recamend and plenty of hay and veg.;) SORRY JUST REALISED THAT MY 12 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAD POSTED THE ABOVE, WHILE I WAS DOWNSTAIRS!:lol: Think she needs to work on her spellings!:lol:
  18. roarysmam

My bunny is really scared of me!

My Bunny Is Realy Scared Of Me :wave: My doe is the same. We've only had her about 7 weeks and shes just had a litter of 5, so we think shes just being protective. My buck, Rory lets you do anything to him!:D You can hold him like a baby, everything!!:) The key to relax your bunny is to...
  19. roarysmam

fluffy baby bunny with sticky bum

Hiya :wave: Change her food back 2 what is was before and start cleaning her bum in early summer. Just use a wet flannel and rub her bum over. It will only take a few mins. And also clean the poo side of her hutch out every day as this can help to keep flies away causing fly strike and bunnies...
  20. roarysmam

Kitts now 20 days old .... advice pls

They really have taken a liking to pak choi:lol: expensive tastes my bunnies have! Really funny watching two of them sharing a carrot, it was like a bunny version of lady and the tramp:) Thanks to you all for you invaluable advice.:D Diane x
Back