• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. LaLa

Update Rabbit eaten paint, advice please

All looking good with Theo today, come on boy!
  2. LaLa

Hi Nicola It's amazing the difference I have seen in him there is life in him again like how he was. He is constantly munching his hay, eating lots of veg but only a few pellets. I have cut back on his syringe feeding as all I can see is him eating most of the time. His poos are still quite...
  3. LaLa

Otty better from spine damage !!

How wonderful, what a star. I have bought my bunny home from the vets £500! I am now carrying on trying to make him better. He is worth every penny and I just hope he pulls through.
  4. LaLa

Thanks Nicola, done I have removed the salt lick. This may sound like a stupid question but when I feed Theo he has got a lot of his food down him and it's crusted in his fur. I have used a baby wipe but apart from washing him at this time and stressing him any good tips to get the food out of...
  5. LaLa

Thanks Nicola, yes he has junior burgess excel pellets as he is 3 and a half months old. He is currently munching his hay, his poos are starting to form a shape again but still sludgy, he looks so skinny! Is it ok that he is having quite a few licks of his salt lick? Thanks
  6. LaLa

Thanks guys for this opinion and advice very welcome. He is eating lots of hay. The vet also said the same not to worry too much about what he is eating just as long as he is for now. He just won't touch pellets so not sure if that is a big concern? A poorly bunny is very new to me my last...
  7. LaLa

Update Theo home from vets Hi Theo has finally come out of the vets after a week and a half, the conclusion is that he has mucous entheritis and is more than likely not related to his eating of paint on the skirting board! He is taking fibreplex and metoclopramice. I am having to syringe...
  8. LaLa

Help for Theo please

Theo has been in the vets for five days, he is being syringe fed, and given medication. He has only managed to eat maybe one rocket leaf and a bit of hay. He is producing a soggy cow pat style poo but only a bit. Can someone tell me how long he can go on like this? I don't want him to be...
  9. LaLa

Hi I have just rushed my 12 week old boy bunny to the vets as when I got up this morning he had an upset tum. I thought I had given him too many bits of veggies as i had just started him gradually however I later saw that behind his run he has eaten the paint off the skirting board. I can't...
  10. LaLa

Rabbit eaten paint

Rabbit paint update Hi Yesterday I posted on here regarding my bunny Theo who has eaten paint. He is still in the vets and they are syringe feeding him he still will not eat off his own accord. He is apparently producing a red jelly like substance which the vet thinks may be due to a...
  11. LaLa

Rabbit eaten paint

Hi I have just rushed my 12 week old boy bunny to the vets as when I got up this morning he had an upset tum. I thought I had given him too many bits of veggies as i had just started him gradually however I later saw that behind his run he has eaten the paint off the skirting board. I can't...
  12. LaLa

Honey The bestest Bunny in the world!

Nah nights, big kisses XXXX Thank you all, Honey will be missed and she would be pleased to know she had lots of bunny friends. I have buried her at the bottom of my mums garden and my step dad has planted flowers and we have two bunny ornaments looking over her. I told her that I will see...
  13. LaLa

Scared! Parasite on brain (Update)

Thank you all, Honey will be missed and she would be pleased to know she had lots of bunny friends. I have buried her at the bottom of my mums garden and my step dad has planted flowers and we have two bunny ornaments looking over her. I told her that I will see her in bunny heaven with all...
  14. LaLa

Honey The bestest Bunny in the world!

My little bunny boo has passed away today. I only had two years with you Honey but they were the best. There is so much to say but as much as I can write to say how much I love you is in the card. You look so peaceful. I know your a house bunny but I have a little spot for you to lay in...
  15. LaLa

She was only just over 2 yrs old, I can't remember the last or first time I ever felt like this.
  16. LaLa

Gone My little Honey girl died this morning. I can't believe she has gone. Love always bestest bunny in the world. Sleep tight Honey Bunny Boo, always be mummys bestest girl x x x x x x x x
  17. LaLa

Update Thanks guys really appreciate the kind and supportive messages. I have been to see her again today she is fully upright, mobile and no signs of head tilt which is amazing as she was totally paralysed before they started giving her meds! They are very surprised with how well she is...
  18. LaLa

Honey is still in Bunny hospital and is still currently being fed through a drip. I have not seen her today as I have had to go to work. Apparently she is brighter than yesterday, upright and progressing. However now she is not eating well at all and is not pooing properly, looks like she is...
  19. LaLa

Update I went in to see Honey this morning and she was holding herself upright and starting to walk a bit. This afternoon she has improved again. They are now monitoring her overnight again to make sure she properly eats and poos and hopefully makes the best recovery possible. I'm still...
  20. LaLa

Spent an hour with Honey at the vets with her on my lap she is all dripped up. It's so awful she is paralysed and is so trying to move her head. I'm just so distraught I've had to leave her.
Back